ACDC translite.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
Screenshot.png
image-545.jpg
image.jpg
1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg
LUCI Lower PF.jpg
Luci game.jpg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#2 10 years ago

Looks like the Stern version of a Ruby Red WoZ.

#3 10 years ago

It's about time Stern gave us some T&A

#4 10 years ago

That backglass looks terrible

Another kick in the guts to Metallica owners

#5 10 years ago

Some picts

LUCI Lower PF.jpgLUCI Lower PF.jpg Luci game.jpgLuci game.jpg
#6 10 years ago

I like it! The cab is sweet.

Now if they can just remove the old men from the playfield.

#7 10 years ago

Flyer from the FB post

1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg
#8 10 years ago

Purple and red makes my brain hurt. That is awful looking. I guess it will appeal to the "OOOOO BOOBIIIES" crowd.

#9 10 years ago

First premium model with real backglass

#10 10 years ago

Looks like they just had a bunch of their old style backboxes to get rid of and came up with this plan

#11 10 years ago

I think the art package looks pretty bad ass. The price though considering the prem was what about? 6.5k NIB shipped

If you don't have the game yet and can get it @ the old prem price, I say its good. but if its a 1k mark up....... forget it

#12 10 years ago

What is the distributor price shipped on this new upgraded model?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Better than a kick in the balls to current ACDC premium owners

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

How do you figure? If they're doing this to keep the manufacturing guys busy while engineering gets caught up on software, this is a good thing, no?

#15 10 years ago

Ha, some original cabinet/backglass artwork with a hot cartoon girl and many are appalled. Go back to photoshopping Stern!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha, some original cabinet/backglass artwork with a hot cartoon girl and many are appalled. Go back to photoshopping Stern!

I do applaud them for not putting more old dudes on this thing.

#17 10 years ago

The playfield is different too? I don't think the music arrows have the art around them and the two chicks in hell area

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

The playfield is different too? I don't think the music arrows have the art around them and the two chicks in hell area

If that's what hell is like, I can't wait

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I like the look of the cabinet much better then my standard premium but I got to enjoy my game for a year so not peeved at all. This is not a douche move like jjp at all. Glad they did not do a LE or owners of the originals would freak out (mostly)

#20 10 years ago

I think this is great news for the art package on stern pins.

The art direction is going in the correct direction seeing this new Luci model Metallica and ST le are all good signs that Stern is going in the right direction with its art packages.

I think this is great news and will be good moving forward for the art on all new Stern releases.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I like the look of the cabinet much better then my standard premium but I got to enjoy my game for a year so not peeved at all. This is not a douche move like jjp at all. Glad they did not do a LE or owners of the originals would freak out (mostly)

Sorry but this is realy not different than what JJP did with the ruby red. Your hate for JJP is clouding your judgement on this one.

#22 10 years ago

This looks like pinball art. Nice looking machine. I'd buy it in a second if I didn't have a BiB. WAY better looking than the original premium which is one of the ugliest machines in recent memory. Killer game of course!

#23 10 years ago

Holy scheisse. If my premium had this art package, I wouldn't have sold it and just learned to PLAY BETTER.

#24 10 years ago

Love it!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Why? I love my premium, but do like this artwork a bit better....but I paid much less for my premium with the same playfield/game play. They made four runs of premiums anyway...its not like they are rare or unobtainable.

I think its great that are trying something new and hope they sell well. Nice them responding to the desires of the fans.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I'm an AC/DC "Old Dude" Premium owner and my balls don't really feel kicked.

#27 10 years ago

I do have the premium, so I may be a bit biased here - but the art package, a cartoon-girl? Naah... I still prefer the looks of my machine and will not be buying those decals either in the future

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry but this is realy not different than what JJP did with the ruby red. Your hate for JJP is clouding your judgement on this one.

Well, it's hard to say. Stern does not limit the number of Premium models, they're not numbered. Anyone who bought a Premium knew Stern could make more. I think what upsets JJP customers is that they bought a Limited Edition version of a game, and now there's a second machine labeled limited and numbered.

As far as this art, I don't know much about AC/DC. Is Luci a character/theme in their band?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

How do you figure? If they're doing this to keep the manufacturing guys busy while engineering gets caught up on software, this is a good thing, no?

This is right on the money. 100% agree. Do this with a few other great past games (e.g. Tron). Re-run the big sellers that people still want to own. And then take the time to develop and finish the code on other games.

This isn't a kick in the balls to anyone as it does not infringe on any LE owners. Its just a different version of the premiums.

I think its a great move.

#30 10 years ago

I can't say I love the look of any of the previous ACDC offerings (and I own one). I do love the look of this. Its not so much because of the T&A, it's because it looks like proper artwork. I think they learned from Metallica, which also looked great, so they put this out as an easy way to give ACDC buyers something similar and make some money for themselves while at it. I almost didn't buy my ACDC because of the way it looked.

As much as I might love a band pin, I really don't want to see much of real pictures of a band on it, maybe just one smaller pic somewhere.

#31 10 years ago

I think the message is being clearly sent by both JJP and Stern ... don't ever think of anything we sell you as limited. We reserve the right to produce future versions of any pin at our discretion.

It is now up to us to adapt to this frame of thought.

#32 10 years ago

$7.5 k for this. What was price for premium?

#33 10 years ago

I'm hopeful that I will have an ACDC premium in the near future. I don't really see this new design being so signifigant that it pushes the buyers who were on the fence over the edge and makes them buy one.
BUT, if they were to announce a new "LIMITED EDITION" model then I can see the uproar. The whole point of a limited edition is that they are limited

#34 10 years ago

I was just making a playful response to the "kick in the gut to Metallica owners" comment - which I don't really get anyway. New artwork looks cool, but plopping down $7700 -- oy vey!! I have a buddy with a super modded out premium he picked up for far less -- that's the one I would get if I was in the market.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This isn't a kick in the balls to anyone as it does not infringe on any LE owners. Its just a different version of the premiums.

Isn't this just an argument over semantics?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Prem was about 6.5k give or take

yep the price increase sucks, but at least the art package is good and looks as though Stern gets the message that we want a nice art package and not photoShop actors and what not on our machines

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Stern's website lists both premium versions as $7699 MSRP. So they should cost the same.

#38 10 years ago

Limited or premium means nothing get over it people and enjoy the damn games! Markets gonna crash this coming year.

#39 10 years ago

Last time I checked, TILT amusements had the premiums for $6500 delivered

#40 10 years ago

MSRP is the not the price you pay from a good distributor.

#41 10 years ago

Unfortunately, I'm thinking 7.5-8.5k is the new price for a NIB fully loaded pin these days. Fortunately, you can still get striped down models for much less though.

#42 10 years ago

I like it... but... no way would my beautiful wife let me keep that art package upstairs in living room where current acdc resides.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

$6200 if you sent in a deposit before they got shipped to the distributors.

#44 10 years ago

Skanks......... dont know if it would be wife approved, but i do like the cartoonish art package's and this is up my alley, not to mention SKANKS

#45 10 years ago

I think it looks horrible! Not a fan of "sex sells" stuff. If I want to look at sexy then I'll go get a Playboy mag, but definitely not on any of my pinball machines! I'm glad I have the pro too for all you pro haters who think the premium is all that. Some of us just don't have that extra money to buy premium machines. Just my .02.

#46 10 years ago

Nice to see non photos hoped art but still could be way better hqve many ideas but no sizing skill and capable printing.

#47 10 years ago

Wow - this is a surprise. As an AC/DC Premium owner, it does not bother me at all that a (slightly) different premium is being sold. I love original artwork, and I'm glad to see Stern moving in this direction.

My only complaint is that the two art styles don't seem to mix well. You've got cartoon girls and photoshoped band members. If they had gone the extra mile and done new playfiled art in this same style, I'd seriously consider trying to get one. That being said - I'm still more than happy with mine.

#48 10 years ago

It looks a lot better than our AC/DC Prem did. I agree with my husband - if ours had looked like that, we may actually have kept it.

#49 10 years ago

Definitely an improvement.

@ Stern
Please keep the custom artwork trend going!

#50 10 years ago

I wonder if Stern will release the lower playfield alone as a replacement for current premiums? Wouldn't mind looking at that one whilst being bored down there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-new-stern-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.