You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Stern run Luci again?”

• Hell Yeah!!!!!! Run it and Im buying. 111 votes
    51%
  • No, Im a crusty old person that dislikes female cartoon artwork. 34 votes
    16%
  • No, only because I'm a douchebag and want the Luci I own to have an inflated value. 47 votes
    22%
  • Maybe, Im indifferent on the subject and would rather prepay for a game and wait 4 years for it. 26 votes
    12%

(218 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpeg
images-7.jpeg
images-6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
images-5.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-20_at_7.06.20_PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0507151548a.jpg
kiss.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

License is expired. Too expensive to justify a small run.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's not limited, so you can bet they'll run it again! Why not?

Quoted from Rarehero:

License is expired. Too expensive to justify a small run.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just to put into perspective.
Say they run another 400 and distributor cost is $6000 (ball parking).....thats 2.4 million in gross revenue......something they can crank out in what, 2-3 weeks?

You keep ignoring the licensing factor. Licensing for small runs is cost prohibitive. Music licenses are more expensive than other licenses. Also, making a small run of parts is expensive. It's not "easy" to re-run a game. If it was so simple to run a batch of a few hundred...don't you think we'd have seen more Trons? LOTRs? TSPP? Pretty much anything? How about Metallica Premium - and that's UNDER license!

AC/DC is done, people.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh!!!! They also knew they would be moving to the new facility and thought they wouldn't be able to make the 100K worth it at that point in time......but now they are up and running full steam! Boom!
» YouTube video

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

7/17/15

IMG_4628.jpg

Instead of teasing, how about relevant info?

Did they relicense?
Are they running a few "under the table" with remaining parts?
Is this a one-off for a special customer or to cover a warranty issue?

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Not to go off topic BUT:
Pretty sure the next VE off the line will be SM with Comic Book Art (Marvel) for the Cabinet Decals, not sure about the PF Artwork.

PF would have to change too. It's all movie assets.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So its confirmed? Luci is running again?
Taking all my couch cushion coins to deposit into bank tomorrow.

Nope. Not running again. The license is expired. It's a customer repair/warranty machine or something.

Don't believe it? Let us know what your distributor says when you try to order one.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I prefer Luci to this..... Just sayin!
image.jpg

And I prefer the premium translite - actual iconic AC/DC, to some poorly drawn purple chick just sitting there holding a guitar like a cock. Just sayin!

EDIT: Comment made when Concrete posted the AC/DC Premium Translite - before cropping it to just Angus.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Pure speculation.... who is the source of the rumor? And don't you own 2 Luci's?
Rumor was IM would never be remade because of licensing also, and it was.
I have a feeling we'll see another AC/DC run at some time in the future.

Music licensing is much more complex and expensive.

Stern has an ongoing thing with Marvel/Disney for multiple titles....much easier to work out a small run deal.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Comparing a game that had a little over 1000 units run to their best selling game ever. Running 200-300 units wouldnt make sense for the cost of renewing the license. If they could fill another 1000-1500 units maybe? The 15-20 people on pinside hoping for a rerun I doubt has Stern ready to rerun them when they were readily available just 1 year ago and they couldnt sell more then a few hundred Luci's.
I could care less if the redo them as mine is never leaving. Maybe those that wanted it should have ponied up not long ago???

OMG, logic. Now watch as everyone ignores what you just said and continues to ramble on about the game being produced again.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just don't rerun Family Guy, worst artwork Ive ever seen.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Sources tell me it's Batman VE as code is complete and run was cut short due to rushing to get the Indy pin out befor movie or DVD release. It was to have another run then the layoffs happen and only Mr Borg was left as Stern only designer. Times were tough and cheaper pins had to be built like NBA and Big Buck Hunter which was not much of a license fee to fellow coin op friend Play Mechanic. I know ops have asked and other distributors for more Batman as it was gone to long. It didn't mater that the trilogy is wrapped up as IM was based on the old license and it ws run. Most people just see Batman and the joker and know a new movie is coming and the new joker gaining popularity. The new Batman movie is already tracking and it's not out to next year plus it also has Superman in it also a long rumored theme. It's never had another run like so many other Stern like Monopoly or Harley or LOTR even South Park.which were made over 4 years apart. I even have lesser known Sternd that have been run yearscafter initial production like a 2012 The Rolling Stones Pro and a 2013 Big Buck Hunter Pro both original ran in 2010 plus a 2010 Spider-Man that was originally ran in 2007 and 2008 Shouldn't Lyman.deserve some more royalties on more Batman pins sold since he worked hard to finish the code. It could have been incentive to make sure it was finished. It's not a bad pin.

Batman did get another run when Lyman's big code update came out in 2010. It was my first NIB Stern (along with IM) ...came with the plastic apron after I was told the BOM would be the same as the original. Woohoo!

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

You are correct. I remember the plastic cost cutting and Costco version.
Stern still has lots of Family Guy toys on the shelf as of 2013 when I was there last. Lots maybe because they switched to Shrek but always though more Family Guys would be made. I know Gary wanted the license badly because of how well Southpark did for them.

They didn't "switch" to Shrek. Both were in production simultaneously & way more Family Guys were made.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I wonder how much they paid for licensing

That's a high volume product. Pinball is not.

Also beer doesn't play music. Actually having the music tracks adds a lot to licensing.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The LE is a $6500 game too... Anything beyond that is the same type of scalping the Luci guys are doing ($4000+ for a number plate, diff cab art and back glass ) how much was BIBLE new again? $6500+- what makes it worth $10,000 ++ ? It's supply and demand that's all! The premium is the same damn game, so why does BIBLE cost nearly twice as much?

I don't think BIB should be $10k - but, from a collectors standpoint - Back in Black is iconic AC/DC, the laser cut rails are really cool, the mirrored backglass is cool, and the unique BIB cab art is cool. It's "documented" limited w/ the plaque...sure, there may be less Lucis, but it's not "official"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-being-made-again?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.