You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Stern run Luci again?”

• Hell Yeah!!!!!! Run it and Im buying. 111 votes
    51%
  • No, Im a crusty old person that dislikes female cartoon artwork. 34 votes
    16%
  • No, only because I'm a douchebag and want the Luci I own to have an inflated value. 47 votes
    22%
  • Maybe, Im indifferent on the subject and would rather prepay for a game and wait 4 years for it. 26 votes
    12%

(218 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpeg
images-7.jpeg
images-6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
images-5.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-20_at_7.06.20_PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0507151548a.jpg
kiss.jpg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 8 years ago

$1000 profit x 500 machine doesn't seem outrageous to me.

#152 8 years ago

So.... we DO or we DON'T want Luci made again? Poll, please!

#153 8 years ago

I'm gonna re-visit this topic via my WABAC machine in 2018 when the license has been reacquired for a run of ACDC VE's and say, "I told you so."

Or, I'm gonna completely "drain" this topic if I turn out to be wrong and Iron Man VE2's are on the line at the time.

#154 8 years ago

If only 200 Luci pins sold in 6 months... I can't see them being re-run.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do you have a source for this? It seems outrageous and would mean the license would never be renewed.

Not quite sure if it's outrageous, but it does sound a bit on the high side.

If Stern could sell 500 more AC/DC pins, that would be $1000.00 for the license on each one.

But if they could sell 1000 more, that goes down to $500.00 per pin. Etc. But I don't think that they could sell that many, and therefore it wouldn't be worth doing.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've never sold a machine where the buyer didn't negotiate the price. I guess AC/DC is doing the same. At that price, there will be no sale. They will drop it a bit and see if there are any takers. "Fire Sale at 400k". "300k FIRM". It is amazing that the pinball business is just like the pinball business.
I am asking 1 million dollars for this opinion. But I'll sell it to you for 700k. 600k? A box of donuts and a cherry coke?

Yea, Gary Stern thought the same way. Gene/Kiss never budged on their price. After waiting for nearly 10 years, with the price going UP every year Gary finally caved and paid what they demanded. And it was way north of 1.5 million for 3 years.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Rumor going around is acdc band and/or manager want way more $$$ to renew the licence. They know how popular the pin was/is and want a larger cut of the pie this time. If Stern does not believe they can easily pass the extra cost off to Joe and Mary pin buyer, then they will simply scrap the notion.

Pure speculation.... who is the source of the rumor? And don't you own 2 Luci's?

Rumor was IM would never be remade because of licensing also, and it was.

I have a feeling we'll see another AC/DC run at some time in the future.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Pure speculation.... who is the source of the rumor? And don't you own 2 Luci's?

Music licensing is much more complex and expensive.

Stern has an ongoing thing with Marvel/Disney for multiple titles....much easier to work out a small run deal.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

And actually, Gary Stern himself told everyone at a Florida convention that IM would never be made again. So anything is possible.

Being that AC/DC is one of (if not THE) best seller they've had in 10 years, I think we'll see some more. And with Luci being the hot thing right now, it would make sense to make more of them.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If only 200 Luci pins sold in 6 months... I can't see them being re-run.

Yup

They sold all they could and won't do anymore acdc just for a few people that missed the freakin bus !

#161 8 years ago

What are the next pins that people are going to miss the bus on? Are people going to clamor for Metallica VE 2 weeks after production stops?

#162 8 years ago

There are already a lot of folks screaming for another Metallica premium run lol there are plenty of threads on the subject lol what's even funnier is that there are still some out there NIB

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

And actually, Gary Stern himself told everyone at a Florida convention that IM would never be made again. So anything is possible.
Being that AC/DC is one of (if not THE) best seller they've had in 10 years, I think we'll see some more. And with Luci being the hot thing right now, it would make sense to make more of them.

If you cant see the difference between the 2 let me know and most here can explain the difference.

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Funny as this thread is purely a rumor speculation thread.

See above if you cant see the difference between Iron Man & ACDC.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If you cant see the difference between the 2 let me know and most here can explain the difference.

Funny as this thread is purely a rumor speculation thread.
See above if you cant see the difference between Iron Man & ACDC.

If you can't see why I said that a title could be re-run again when Stern said it would not, let me know, most on here can explain also. But you're too thick skulled and a Luci owner who hopes to keep the value up, we get it.

You seem pretty defensive about the possibility of Luci being re-done, we get that yours is going to lose value or be worth less with speculation. My bet is on that you don't have a real life outside of Pinside.

Oh, BTW, MM will never be redone!! oh wait...

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

If you can't see why I said that a title could be re-run again when Stern said it would not, let me know, most on here can explain also. But you're too thick skulled and a Luci owner who hopes to keep the value up, we get it.

Comparing a game that had a little over 1000 units run to their best selling game ever. Running 200-300 units wouldnt make sense for the cost of renewing the license. If they could fill another 1000-1500 units maybe? The 15-20 people on pinside hoping for a rerun I doubt has Stern ready to rerun them when they were readily available just 1 year ago and they couldnt sell more then a few hundred Luci's.

I could care less if the redo them as mine is never leaving. Maybe those that wanted it should have ponied up not long ago???

#166 8 years ago

As a Luci owner, i hope Stern does put Luci back on the line... The game is a beaut, and it would be great if even more owners were able to purchase one NIB for their collections...The best part of having a pin is of course playing it

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Comparing a game that had a little over 1000 units run to their best selling game ever. Running 200-300 units wouldnt make sense for the cost of renewing the license. If they could fill another 1000-1500 units maybe? The 15-20 people on pinside hoping for a rerun I doubt has Stern ready to rerun them when they were readily available just 1 year ago and they couldnt sell more then a few hundred Luci's.
I could care less if the redo them as mine is never leaving. Maybe those that wanted it should have ponied up not long ago???

OMG, logic. Now watch as everyone ignores what you just said and continues to ramble on about the game being produced again.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The 15-20 people on pinside hoping for a rerun

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 7.06.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-20 at 7.06.20 PM.png

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 7.06.20 PM.png

Yes cause we know everyone that votes in a poll would actually commit to buy Yet there is a very nice HUO Luci out there right now with all the stardard mods/upgrades that most on here buy & its still unsold. Priced about what you would pay NIB + cost of mods too.

Ask Charlie from spooky how many buyers he got right away when his game came out when he had a list of 100+ people that said they would buy.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yes cause we know everyone that votes in a poll would actually commit to buy Yet there is a very nice HUO Luci out there right now with all the stardard mods/upgrades that most on here buy & its still unsold. Priced about what you would pay NIB + cost of mods too.
Ask Charlie from spooky how many buyers he got right away when his game came out when he had a list of 100+ people that said they would buy.

So your 15-20 based on nothing is a better estimate? Ok.....

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

ACDC's asking price to renew the license is $500,000. + a per machine fee. I don't know how much the per machine fee is.

Thanks for posting that half mil sentence. That is what I heard also. I was in shock and did not post it thinking I had bad rumor info. I also do not know per pin fee. I heard it cascades though...loaded heavier up front and less on higher volume.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not quite sure if it's outrageous, but it does sound a bit on the high side.
If Stern could sell 500 more AC/DC pins, that would be $1000.00 for the license on each one.
But if they could sell 1000 more, that goes down to $500.00 per pin. Etc. But I don't think that they could sell that many, and therefore it wouldn't be worth doing.

You forgot to include the per pin fee. So it is more than 500 or 1,000 per pin. I am guessing but I think per pin fee is like 250 for first 100 then 150 for next 400 then 100 for next 500 and all other quantities over 1,000. Again I am guessing.

#173 8 years ago

Makes sense to me to float some unsubstantiated licensing fees if planning a new run with increased pricing.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

My source is my coworker has the Stern program( he is a project manager). He has tons of contacts within Stern. He is confident that his Stern counterpart is not BSing him. The odds of Luci or acdc ve is almost zero. Yes I own two Luci's. I am selling one though around Oct Nov.

#175 8 years ago

Roger Sharpe had an interview where he said he doubted Stern or JJP would ever pay as much as $100 for a license, making the point that if they pay silly money for one license, the next licensor will want a big cut too. $1000 seems like crazy money.

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

As a Luci owner, i hope Stern does put Luci back on the line... The game is a beaut, and it would be great if even more owners were able to purchase one NIB for their collections...The best part of having a pin is of course playing it

I agree. I hope they do v.e. Luci got no love or respect during last run so this time it would. I am keeping one forever and selling one cheap so value or appreciation at lofty levels does not affect me. Make more so others can enjoy!!!

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

$1000 seems like crazy money.

It definitely is.

I have no knowledge but I'm going to guess the math on a Pro is:
$5000 delivered to your door
- $1000 for the distributor (this is probably high...but I have no idea)
- $2000 for the actual manufacturing cost (labor, parts, warehouse)

Stern might make, what: $2000 per pin? No way they're giving away more than half of that to the license.

#178 8 years ago

Intereresting thread on a great game - Centerflank.

I guess not one of those 89 buyers is in the North East because I dont see this Luci below for $7000 has sold yet. Why has no one jumped on this? It seems a fair amount of people here are willing to wait a year or two or forever or never for a game they want so bad in Luci.

This increased demand after production ended just happened to IM 6 or so months ago. IM dried up whem production was done and people were paying $5000+ for them. Now all the owners want $5000 for them and buyers are not stepping up like they did before. Going off of this, for the rest of the year you will see a trickle of more Lucis and Prem ACDCs on the market at fair prices I bet. Those who really want the game will buy these. If you can wait for a VE that may never happen then owning the game is just not really that important to you.

Also how many Lucis and/or do you think Stern would have to sell to make it worth it? At least 500-600 minimum I would guess, due to more expensive license fees. Question though for you folks - if Lucis were readily available and owning a Luci was common and no big deal would people still be all over it? If you were taking a $500+ price hit out of the box would you still buy it anyway? Good question I think

To me it seems like a bunch of people here, not all, want ACDC rerun because they would like 2012-2014 huo Premiums and Lucis to be selling in the $5000's with some mods and they will pass on the VEs at $7000 stock and wait and try to buy a huo instead. If they are rerun it will be in the upper $6ks to $7000, Not $6300 for a NIB. Something to think about.

If ACDC gets rerun that is fine because that would mean pinball is growing. I don't think it will be a slam dunk compared to IM though.

Going back to the top - If no one steps up and grabs this Luci in the heavily populated NY/NJ then why would Stern rerun it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-luci-w-mods

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Question though for you folks - if Lucis were readily available and owning a Luci was common and no big deal would people still be all over it?

People would care as much as they did a year ago... Less since most people seriously interested actually BOUGHT one. People want what they can't have now that it's gone.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So your 15-20 based on nothing is a better estimate? Ok.....

I probably guessed to high. Lol

#182 8 years ago

If it was remade ? Wouldn't they be better off with something different like hells bells edition? Different art ? Something to get premium owners a reason to upgrade ?

#183 8 years ago

Man this reminds me so much of IM. So many people said it would never happen, license this, Iron Monger toy that. I know Greg, it's different because of music be Disney/Marvel.

Just saying all this has a familiar ring to it.

#184 8 years ago

Rosie edition!

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm wondering if these guys are fans of AC/DC or Jessica Rabbit.

I have a sister named Jessica, after the rabbit. True story.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man this reminds me so much of IM. So many people said it would never happen, license this, Iron Monger toy that. I know Greg, it's different because of music be Disney/Marvel.

You had IM original and went out and bought a VE even! You just embraced the VE and did not bitch and moan about it. You are very cool man! I hope you get an ACDC.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If it was remade ? Wouldn't they be better off with something different like hells bells edition? Different art ? Something to get premium owners a reason to upgrade ?

Lots of sweet artwork to play around with if they wanted to go a different route.

images-7.jpegimages-7.jpegimages-6.jpegimages-6.jpegimages-2.jpegimages-2.jpegimages-3.jpegimages-3.jpegimages-4.jpegimages-4.jpegimages-5.jpegimages-5.jpegimages-1.jpegimages-1.jpegimages.jpegimages.jpeg

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It is familiar, but here are the important differences:

IM.
~1050 made (original run).
Was available for less than 1 year.
4 years before it was reran
Movie license (much cheaper).
VE was decided on when Mustang
Flopped, and they had a huge gap to fill.
on the assembly line.

ACDC
-8500 (-3000 premium/LE/Luci, ~5500 pros)
Was available for 3 years
Finished production 7 months ago
Music license. (Much more expensive)
Sterns production line is full for the next year,
KISS is selling in huge numbers, Metallica and
Star Trek continue to sell well. MMR, ETC.

*~ means approximately. I don't have exact numbers, but I guarantee those are close (within 3%).

Anything is possible. But it is definitely unlikely any ACDC would be reran, and definitely not in the foreseeable future. Yes, I have a Luci, and I could careless if it is ever reran or not, it will be the last game to ever leave my collection.

Flame away!

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yep, anything is possible and never say never. There is no specific pinball law of physics saying something can't be done. I was told for years that KISS wouldn't happen because the licensing cost too much.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It is familiar, but here are the important differences:
IM.
~1050 made (original run).
Was available for less than 1 year.
4 years before it was reran
Movie license (much cheaper).
VE was decided on when Mustang
Flopped, and they had a huge gap to fill.
on the assembly line.
ACDC
Was available for 3 years
Finished production 7 months ago
Music license. (Much more expensive)
Sterns production line is full for the next year,
KISS is selling in huge numbers, Metallica and
Star Trek continue to sell well. MMR, ETC.
*~ means approximately. I don't have exact numbers, but I guarantee those are close (within 3%).
Anything is possible. But it is definitely unlikely any ACDC would be reran, and definitely not in the foreseeable future. Yes, I have a Luci, and I could careless if it is ever reran or not, it will be the last game to ever leave my collection.
Flame away!

You make some excellent points sir.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You had IM original and went out and bought a VE even! You just embraced the VE and did not bitch and moan about it. You are very cool man! I hope you get an ACDC.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. ACDC will def make its way into my game room though it may take longer than I would want. That's life though.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

ACDC

I know you're usually are pretty reliable with info but I don't think I buy into 5500 pros. Seems like way more premiums are out there.-even on location. I've only played one Pro ever and probably over a dozen LE and Premiums. Are you sure that isn't reversed?

I like ACDC enough but would never pay more for a used pin than what they originally cost NIB. Just too many other options out there. If they remade LUCI I'd consider but at this point I'd rather pay less for a game like TWD which I enjoy just as much. I have a feeling GOT is going to be awesome as well!

I think ACDC is done unless they totally redid the art package (Zombie Yeti please!) To make it fresh again. Just not enough demand to sell more than a couple hundred games at this point.

#192 8 years ago

Since so much of ACDC's success is the layout and code, I wonder if a re-theme is out of the question? I couldnt care less about the music, and I know many swap it out with Browser. And the ACDC artwork, even on Luci (I know its better than the pro/prem), is woeful.

What about a generic ACDC re-theme with a Zombie/horror/whatever theme with good hand drawn art and generic music that you can swap in/out with Browser?

Or re-theme with the next cheaper licence they find a-la Shrek/Family Guy?

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Since so much of ACDC's success is the layout and code, I wonder if a re-theme is out of the question? I couldnt care less about the music, and I know many swap it out with Browser. And the ACDC artwork, even on Luci (I know its better than the pro/prem), is woeful.
What about a generic ACDC re-theme with a Zombie/horror/whatever theme with good hand drawn art and generic music that you
can swap in/out with Browser?
Or re-theme with the next cheaper licence they find a-la Shrek/Family Guy?

Great idea, cannon is a double barrell shotgun shoot Zombies, lower playfield graveyard bash, On the other hand, a fresh look, playfield artwork, chrome I'd buy one

#195 8 years ago

Bang your head?

This isn't a quiet riot thread.

You seem awfully agitated about AC/DC being ramped up again. Why is that?

#196 8 years ago

Lots of speculation on other VE's and I think thats great if they rerun them, Im all for Spiderman and TRON, 2 that have a ton of interest.

1) If Spidey is rerun and the price point isn't too crazy I might be able to buy back the one I sold recently. Win/Win for both of us.

2) TRON gets re-run, yeah my value on mine might take a hit but who cares, such a fun game that more people should have an opportunity to play/buy.

3)Throw in LOTR, another great game people would love to grab a NIB version.

NIB is such a fun experience, Im kinda over it now as Ive done it 5 times BUT it is a great feeling knowing you are the first owner, get to armor it up however you want before that first play so it stays in super nice condition as you hammer away on it.....

Just don't rerun Family Guy, worst artwork Ive ever seen.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just don't rerun Family Guy, worst artwork Ive ever seen.

I see what you did there, and it's "Rare" I catch something like that.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Bang your head?
This isn't a quiet riot thread.
You seem awfully agitated about AC/DC being ramped up again. Why is that?

Quoted from cooked71:

What about a generic ACDC re-theme with a Zombie/horror/whatever theme blockquote>

This

#200 8 years ago

So we are good with AC/DC being re themed into a Zombie Quiet Riot game, Run it!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

17,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-being-made-again/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.