AC/DC LTBR for sale !! (NIB)

By ChiroCop

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know some people are interested in buying a Limited Edition AC/DC. I found one NIB at the website pinballs.com They are asking $9,995.00 for it. I'm pretty new to playing pinball. Is it normal for the LE's to skyrocket in price like this ?

#2 11 years ago

its not quite Christmas yet.. give it a month and it'll go up another $5

#3 11 years ago

Don't give them any business. I live by them and they are so overpriced on everything. Horrible business. Look at there prices for older games and keep in mind these are not restored either.

#4 11 years ago

Crack is whack.

#5 11 years ago

Not a good price at all.

#6 11 years ago

Thats high even for a BIBLE

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Is it normal for the LE's to skyrocket in price like this ?

The LE's on two of the last four releases from Stern have shot up in value (Tron and AC/DC) and two have gone a bit down but are not far from NIB price (X-Men and Transformers).

#8 11 years ago

Rule #1 Never buy a pin from a website/store.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Thats high even for a BIBLE

Good luck finding a NIB BIBLE for that price.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Id sell my nib bible for 10k, so there are a few out there a that price

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Id sell my nib bible for 10k, so there are a few out there a that price

You're $5 over priced!!! ~(;

#12 11 years ago

standard price here

#13 11 years ago

I will assume that pinballs.com will eventually get their asking price for the pin. Just hard to believe the NIB BIB LE I purchased back in June has already gone up two grand.

- Kevin

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I will assume that pinballs.com will eventually get their asking price for the pin. Just hard to believe the NIB BIB LE I purchased back in June has already gone up two grand.
- Kevin

Congrats on getting in on a highly sought after game early. That said, never look at buying an NIB LE pin as an investment, except in the way any other hobby is an investment. People are fickle, values are subject to fluxation with little or no notice. Pinball needs to keep growing players to sustain the hobby and sustain values...otherwise, new machines and new LE's will slowly force down values of classics.

Only so many people willing to pluck down 4-6k on a pinball machine; fewer still willing to pluck down 6k-9k; 10k plus is a very small number of individual hobbiests. Pinball needs to keep an influx of new players coming. It is good for all of us.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Spoken like a true BIBLE owner.

#17 11 years ago

Selling an nib AC/DC LE now vs. selling it years from now nib is a totally different story. The game is still available in the premium edition and fairly available in the LE format in relatively new condition.

AC/DC is also a great game, so I can imagine these will only go up in value as time progresses.

jon

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Rule #1 Never buy a pin from a website/store.

My first pin was LoTR nib from jack at pinballsales 6 years ago when I never knew there was a pinball hobby community (rgp). I was so happy, I bought 2 more from them.

But yes, I would say generally you should beware of websites and stores.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I know some people are interested in buying a Limited Edition AC/DC. I found one NIB at the website pinballs.com They are asking $9,995.00 for it. I'm pretty new to playing pinball. Is it normal for the LE's to skyrocket in price like this ?

Tell them to contact a collector-friendly distributor like Trent and buy an AC/DC Premium for $6k-and-some-change. It's the same exact game.

#20 11 years ago

In netherlands the selling price for an acdc bib is approx usd 11.000,- this is incl taxes

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Spoken like a true BIBLE owner.

Sorry. I didn't know one couldn't comment on pricing if you owned the game. Mines not for sale so I don't care if its worth $8k, $9k, $10k or more. By all means, if you know of some NIB BIBLEs for sale under $10k, someone please list them or let ChiroCop know. Like others have said, unless you just have to have a BIB, go with a Premium.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Sorry. I didn't know one couldn't comment on pricing if you owned the game. Mines not for sale so I don't care if its worth $8k, $9k, $10k or more. By all means, if you know of some NIB BIBLEs for sale under $10k, someone please list them or let ChiroCop know. Like others have said, unless you just have to have a BIB, go with a Premium.

Better yet, show me people willing to drop $10K for a BIB when they can get a premium for $6K.

All the people that I know that own a BIBLE got it at release.. everyone I know that thought about buying one now just bought a Premium and never gave a BIBLE a second thought at even $9K. Everyone I know that owns one says it's worth $9-10K, but I don't know anyone willing to buy one at that price. Hence the "spoken like a true BIBLE" owner comment.

#23 11 years ago

+1 on this......

Quoted from Rarehero:

Tell them to contact a collector-friendly distributor like Trent and buy an AC/DC Premium for $6k-and-some-change. It's the same exact game.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Better yet, show me people willing to drop $10K for a BIB when they can get a premium for $6K.
All the people that I know that own a BIBLE got it at release.. everyone I know that thought about buying one now just bought a Premium and never gave a BIBLE a second thought at even $9K. Everyone I know that owns one says it's worth $9-10K, but I don't know anyone willing to buy one at that price. Hence the "spoken like a true BIBLE" owner comment.

I guess you must know every BIB owner????. Pinballs.com (Automated) had a few BIB's on eBay and they all sold. So it's stupid to assume every BIB owner got theirs a the preorder price.

#25 11 years ago

When I was recently in the market for an ACDC I seriously considered a BIB for collectability, but just couldn't justify the extra $3000 in cost over the premium which I did buy. Instead, today that $3000 paid for almost half of my NIB XMEN LE. Had I gotten in on the ACDC preorder of course I would have gotten a BIB, but I didn't want to buy a game sight unseen plus at the time I had just bought a Tron LE.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

When I was recently in the market for an ACDC I seriously considered a BIB for collectability, but just couldn't justify the extra $3000 in cost over the premium which I did buy. Instead, today that $3000 paid for almost half of my NIB XMEN LE. Had I gotten in on the ACDC preorder of course I would have gotten a BIB, but I didn't want to buy a game sight unseen plus at the time I had just bought a TRON LE.

I had to pay for Xmen without seeing any pics, I just thought that how we had to buy the new all the Stern LE's as I did with Transformers LE and ACDC BIBLE its like fear they sell out even before any pics released, its worked out ok for Tron LE and ACDC LE but not so much Xmen LE and TF:LE but even now those two are not worth much less than the original asking distributor list. It seems like Stern has this perfected this for better or worse.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I guess you must know every BIB owner????. Pinballs.com (Automated) had a few BIB's on eBay and they all sold. So it's stupid to assume every BIB owner got theirs a the preorder price.

Hmm, I read his post and it said "everyone I know that bought a BIBLE", not that he actually knew everyone that bought a BIBLE?

And I agree, anyone that's droping $10K for a cloudy-windowed, faulty cannon motored (ha) BIBLE right now has more money than sense. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that. I'd own a Black Spiderman, Bible, Tron LE at todays purchase price, a BBB, a mint Cactus Canyon, etc., "just because" if I had lots of dough to burn.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Hmm, I read his post and it said

News flash Corbay can read....Id have never guessed.

Quoted from Khabbi:

His comment clearly states that nobody would be willing to spend 9-10k for a BIBLE when they could just get a premium yet all the one's Automated had on eBay sold & they are only left with a few LTBR's.

Quoted from Cobray:

As such, you again are just being a douche calling the dude stupid.

This is quite funny coming from you but not unexpected. Not that hard to comprehend that maybe there are some people out there that a couple k extra doesnt really mean that much to them & prefer the top model of the group. But hey I guess Comprehension was never really a quality you possessed.

#29 11 years ago

You guys are done fighting here right? Take it elsewhere, somewhere private.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ltbr-for-sale-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.