(Topic ID: 34446)

AC/DC Lower Playfield Target Problem

By NickBuffaloPinball

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Sometimes the targets on the lower playfield fail to register. If I'm not mistaken, there was a thread on this as to how to fix the issue, but I couldn't find it in a search. Just wondering what others have done to solve this problem.... Looks like the target might be getting stuck on the rubber post... Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Loosen the target a little, Push the target away from the post and retighten a lot. Solved my problem.

#3 11 years ago

I removed the rubbers closest to the targets

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Loosen the target a little, Push the target away from the post and retighten a lot. Solved my problem.

I did this as well. Had to do it a second time, so I over did it. Now the targets lean inward a bit, so it will take longer for them to move back out.

#5 11 years ago

I posted on this. After I really yanked them out and over they have held up. They get pushed behind the rubbers. Steve Ritchie said maybe the wrong size rubber is on the post and to go smaller. I have not yet as last re adjustment held. He also suggested lowering the coil power as they should not need to get whacked that hard.

#6 11 years ago

Ok thanks guys.

I assume I can loosen the target without having to take the lower playfield apart?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I assume I can loosen the target without having to take the lower playfield apart?

Yes you can.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Ok thanks guys.

Yes. I removed the 2 screws from under the mini PF and pulled the target down to access it fully. Then loosened both screws on the target, repositioned and torqued with all my might to hopefully avoid having to do it again. Then reinstall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lower-playfield-target-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.