(Topic ID: 33781)

acdc lower playfield flipper rubber:replacement (where)

By edcianci

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

well i put hair spray on it and it lasted longer this time - but before i take it apart again to do it for the 5th time - where can i get replacements (will that even help). it's a pain in the a s s to have to keep doing this.

for those not knowing what i am talking about - it's the flipper rubber keeps coming off one of the flippers in the lower playfield

i believe they are smaller then the regular ones

thanks ed

#2 6 years ago

A couple ideas. Maybe one might work.

Heat rubber ring to shrink it. Contact cement.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

A few tiny dabs of shoe goo

#4 6 years ago

Call pat at Stern in service. They have new rubbers and they are red not pink. He will send a set.

#5 6 years ago

Mine does it too. The ones on the top were doing it but I put black flipper rubber there and have had no problems since. When I place my next order I am going to put black rubber in the mini playfield and see if that fixes it.

6 months later
#7 6 years ago

what is the correct ring size and has a solution been determined. Thanks.

Mk

1 month later
#8 6 years ago

Bumping this to see if there are any updates. The rubber came off of the flipper on my mini playfield too.

Thanks.

#9 6 years ago

same issue on mine...

#10 6 years ago

I just picked up both black and red flipper rubber from Stern. As soon as I get them in I'll report how they fit-stay on. It sucks having to take the mini field down every few weeks to reinstall.Stern called the red ones soft but not the black ones. The black ones might not stretch onto the flippers but we'll have to see.

#11 6 years ago

Double sided tape

I used it on one of my machines, can't recall which... That means it worked!

#12 6 years ago

Speaking of the lower playfield...how do people feel about a fire-red "powerball" style pinball down there? Strikes me it would look absolutely bitchin' .... But wouldn't it also keep it clean as a whistle down there? I'm gonna pull my lower playfield soon to wipe down the window...isn't it the steel making the mess? No steel no mess?

#13 6 years ago

Btw, my rubbers stay put. April 2013 build.

#14 6 years ago

I'd be in for a fire-red powerball. Let me know if you come up with something.

#15 6 years ago

Ima start a new thread. Ill bet SR would be like "good idea" unless of course the physics of the lower playfield would be intolerant of such a thing.

#16 6 years ago

Its a pain when this happened. hair spray worked. My wife gave me the one she thought would stick the best.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
$ 35.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside