(Topic ID: 127293)

ACDC Lightning bolt LED upgrade fail - Now fixed (duh)

By Solder_Splash

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150511_230039.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So I picked up some blue LED 906 flashers for the Lightning bolts on my ACDC. They don't work.
I can run 12v to them direct and they work so I know it's not just bad bulbs. Standard incandescent 906 flashers work just fine.
Are they just not receiving a long enough pulse to light up?
Have never ran into this before.
20150511_230039.jpg20150511_230039.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Could be the metal contacts on bottom of bulb need to be adjusted a bit because it's not contacting the metal in the socket. Or try putting bulb in if it doesn't work try to take bulb out and rotate it and put back in. Did you try the flashers in test? If so did you make sure coin door was shut so 12v is active?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Could be the metal contacts on bottom of bulb need to be adjusted a bit because it's not contacting the metal in the socket. Or try putting bulb in if it doesn't work try to take bulb out and rotate it and put back in. Did you try the flashers in test? If so did you make sure coin door was shut so 12v is active?

I haven't messed with the sockets yet. I tried them in diagnostics with the door shut as well as in gameplay and nada. I tried rotating them and still no love.

#4 8 years ago

Ok.
I'm an idiot. Must not have had them pushed in far enough. I am now temporarily blinded on successful lightning bolt shots
Life is good.

#5 8 years ago

Glad you got your bulb issue fixed. I installed these on my AC/DC, so much nicer than the factory bolts. I had the blue filters installed as well.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_69&products_id=559

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Glad you got your bulb issue fixed. I installed these on my AC/DC, so much nicer than the factory bolts. I had the blue filters installed as well.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_69&products_id=559

Yeah, those are nice. For $5.00 Vs. $145, I am happy with the results

#7 8 years ago

Might want to tape them in with some electrical tape or glue them as they will eventually find a way to come out of the socket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lightning-bolt-led-upgrade-fail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.