27_juillet_030.jpg
27_juillet_029.jpg
27_juillet_028.jpg
27_juillet_027.jpg
27_juillet_025.jpg
Cannon_#3.JPG
Cannon_#2.JPG
Cannon_#1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemiorange09.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am starting a new thread for my soon to be released mod called "The Total Rock Concert" mod for AC/DC LE/Premuims machine (TRC), I have it prototoyped and running in my machine. I still have to finish up programming the cannon's light show and wiring it. This will not take me long. I have teamed up with Matt @ Back Alley Creations to make the NEW cannon that everyone wants. This one in the Video is not Matt's, just a prototype.

I am still working on a price for this mod. I have lots of expensive parts and time in this mod. I am "estimating" the cost to be around $450.00. (EDIT... The Final price for the TRC mod is $475.00 shipped in the US, International Shipping cost $40.00 more, Sorry rates have gone up.) ....Sorry that it is a high ticket price, but the controller alone is $175.00 and Matt's cannon mod is $125.00. So that is $300.00 for just those 2 items. I am trying to get everyone the best price I can on this one.

Here is what the mod will do....I decided to make new light show on my own using a Industrial PLC and write my own code. I am going to be adding several LED flashers throughout the machine, so when "my switches" are made, it will start a light show that Stern did not finish or do. I have 5 different colors of LEDs to incorporate into the machine...red, orange, white, green and blue. So when the pinball enter/exit the LE train ramp, you get a light show. If you watch LEDs flash, they are in sink and timed to the train crossing bells (entry ramp switch) and conductor sounding the horn (exit ramp switch).... It is a cool lighting effect.. When the multi-ball starts and the Band Members are putting on their concert....you get a total light show effect on them. I am going to change the lighting effects and timing on the cannon, take them away from the Pinball machine's control and add more LEDs though out the playfield. The micro-second after you shoot the cannon the entire playfield will Explode with a lighting effect....It will be First Class all the way.

Here is a game play video of it in my machine using the prototype cannon still wired into the pinball machines control, this look will change. The Band Members light show and the LE train light show are running. I will be using Matt's Cannon for this mod, not the toy one as shown in the video. Again this will not be a inexpensive mod.

More coming very soon on this mod....

#5 11 years ago

I will be adding more lighting effects still to the controllers program.. I want to add lights to shine down on the AC/DC in between the flippers to make it pop out when the cannon fires.... and here is a finish touch on top of the band Members area, it fits the theme. These are Prototyped pictures of the SDTM areas.

2012-11-13_10-13-22_776.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-22_776.jpg 2012-11-13_10-13-34_849.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-34_849.jpg 2012-11-13_10-13-55_861.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-55_861.jpg 2012-11-13_10-14-14_978.jpg2012-11-13_10-14-14_978.jpg 2013-03-06_22-40-33_936.jpg2013-03-06_22-40-33_936.jpg

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

How about just a plain rock band mod? No programing, It would just go off when the band moves.
$450 is a lot of money to spend on a mod. Not complaining, it's a fair price for all you do with the total rock concert package.
Pappy

EDIT......I was out of line for this post, so it has been edited.

I total understand it is a lot of money and what you said can be done... The LEDs would be all on or all off when the band is moving or not moving... My plans are when the cannon fires the pinball, I will be turning on all of the LEDs everywhere at once to give you an Burst of light from all areas of the machine.... That can not be done without the programmer controlling them.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Maybe you could work in the apron lights as well? I don't recall much (if anything?) using them currently.

Yes I will be adding my LEDs to this area as well. I have done some experiments on my Ironman and Spiderman on the apron and I will also do this for AC/DC. I just have not wired them in....Here is a video of my Ironman. Watch the apron area. I will not be able to get this effect like Ironman for AC/DC but it will explode the light across the playfield..... this Ironman mod is NOT for sale, this is a one off mod for my machine only .

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Will the cannon mod be available by itself?

Yes just the BAC/Hemi cannon mod called Shoot to Thrill is on this thread, please add a post there if you just want that mod. I am tracking everyone by posting on the thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod-with-prototype-flasher-awesome

I started talking about the Total Rock Concert mod there and I wanted to separate them...

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do you want to use this or other thread for building order interest? I am in. One thing I mentioned sometime back was that it would be nice to do something with the horns on the juke. They are poorly lit now. Would be cool if it could be used to indicate something. At least make them brighter.

Please post here for the Total Rock Concert mod and on the other thread for the Shoot to Thrill mod. I will look into the jukebox horn lights.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Hemi, this looks really cool! Do you have the ability to maintain/update the lightshow programming after these have shipped? Most believe Lyman is not done with the code. You could build a killer lightshow based on what is happening now only to have Lyman change the behavior, or add new things (such as strobe multiball), that might not work so well with a program you built based on today's code. Any thoughts?

Yes I can change/update my code based on what and how this machine is refined my Lyman. If a code update from Stern is released and I see the need to tweak my code. I can pass this information on how to change the programmer's code. This is the beauty of this controller. You don't need any special software to add/change the code to it. It is accessible from the front key pad and screen on the unit. I will make a video on YouTube and only allow everyone that purchased my mod to see what needs to be done to it from the key pad for a code update on it....

Thanks for asking about this.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Em_Mark:

Great work Hemi! I responded to put me on the list for the cannon mod but now that I see this you can switch me to the list for the total rock concert mod. Can't wait!

No problem..... I forgot to say that this mod will be a plug and play for the power interface into the machine (No Soldering is involved). Everything will be labeled and the pictured directions will make it easier to install this mod.

EDIT...You will need to drill and tap 2) 4/40 holes (very small screw holes) in the back of the Band Members metal plate to install a switch. The drill bit and tap will be included in the kit. This is not hard to do....

#29 11 years ago

Here is another video of just the Band Members lighting effects... I made about 4 days ago. This was made before I finished the Train lighting....Just a note look at the edges of the playfield plastics in both videos, the blue glows from the blue LEDs shining on them.... it is sweet looking.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I'd like to commit without fully committing.
I guess what that means is, I'd like to see the final product without fully committing
Thanks for doing this Steve

First of all I would like to say "Thank You" for buying into my Idea/Total light show mod that I want to do for this machine. I know that everyone will really like to the lighting effects you will get from it. Also I need to say a BIG THANKS to a few other Pinsiders for helping me out on my ideas, Zdoor and coaster guy. I needed to bounce a few ideas off them.

Please continue to post on this thread of you would like the TRC mod.

hank35, It is not a problem and I do not blame you, it is a lot of $$$ for a mod.... When the mod is completed and ready for the green light, I am going to ask for everyone to please pay for it in full, because of the cost of the parts and the time it will take to put everything together. I have purchased 5 of these programmers already and I can order more. I am going to be working with others and we will stay focused on getting these orders filled...please be patience with us .

I will finish wiring up the NEW cannon's lights, as well as the SDTM area and some on the apron that will flash out across the complete playfield. Also, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for some other locations ....I will finalize it sometime this weekend is the plan, and I will make a new video of it. I know Matt is starting on making the parts of the cannon. I will try my best to keep the ball rolling forward on this for everyone....

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Hi Hemi
I have your former ACDC Pro here at the Louisville arcade expo and the local news just showed the awesome advantages it has over the standard pro. Just wanted to let anyone who coming to stop by and try it out for free this weekend and see the quality of your work!
Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for letting me know that this AC/DC Pro made the local news... That's cool I am glad to hear you still are enjoying machine.

#41 11 years ago

I was asked a few questions by a Pinsider and ask him if I can post this. He said No Problem....

Hey Hemi,
I'm interested in the cannon mod (back alley creations version.)

I already bought your cannon led mod. Can you confirm a price for me?

Also, am I correct in assuming that when your total rock concert ultimate mod comes out, you'll be able to remove the price of the cannon? How long before you think each of these will be ready?

Answer.....EDIT PLEASE READ

The BAC Cannon will be $125.00 with the complete LED kit, if you don't already have my "old cannon kit" that I offered.....

I design these new mods to be an add-on to my "old cannon kit" that I already sold to several Pinsiders... so it will plug into the other harness that is already there.

If you wanted the complete package and get the TRC mod down the road, then yes, I will discount the price from the TRC mod down the road if you already have the BAC "Shoot to Thrill" mod.... It will be the same price either way... $475.00 for everything.

I am planning to release the TRC mod the same time Matt will have the cannons completed, because I have to wire them up either way. If everything goes smooth, we are planning Sometime in April/May time line. I am going to finish my AC/DC this weekend and post a video. There will be a few more tweaks to it, and I am still waiting for Matt's cannon as well. I will only have the toy cannon on my machine. After I release the 100% completed video I am going to start taking pre-orders on the TRC mod, so I can purchase all of the programmable controllers and parts to make the kits.

Thanks,
Steve

#42 11 years ago

IT IS DONE.....Here is the YouTube video showing the completed lighting effects that the Total Rock Concert mod is going to have on this AC/DC pinball machine.... IT'S AWESOME....@ 27 seconds in the video and the cannon is shot and ....THE MACHINE EXPLODES.... The video does not do it justice, but the video still looks UNBELIEVEABLE. I talked to Matt and he is going to start making his cannons ASAP.

I am taking pre-paid orders on this mod right now. I need them paid in full before I will order the parts due to the cost that is involved in it.... I have added a few more goodies to the mod and the final price is going to be $475.00 shipped in the US. For International shipping I am estimating is going to be $15.00 more. I am going to need your shipping address and email address to send you the directions when the mod is shipped to you.

Here is the YouTube video. Play it back in 720 HD.... It LOOKS INCREDIBLE

#47 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the orders all ready.... I will start working on them on my end.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Looks pretty awesome. Can you give us a complete breakdown of all the new lighting effects/mods it adds?

Here is what lighting effects you'll get from this mod...

When the pinball enters/exits the LE train ramp, you get a huge flood of blue from 4 sets of LEDs on the Train. If you watch LEDs flash, they are in sink and timed to the train crossing bells (entry ramp switch) and conductor sounding the horn (exit ramp switch), It is a cool lighting effect..

When the multi-ball starts and the Band Members are putting on their concert....you get a Total Light show effect on them; 3 LED strips of red, blue and white . There are 2 different speeds that they flash and switch back and forth like a rock concert.

I am going to change the lighting effects and timing on the cannon, take them away from the Pinball machine's control... Everybody wanted an explosion when the cannon is FIRED. I added orange LEDs to the cannon's area to show an explosion once the pinball leaves the cannon assembly and a red one out end of the barrel. There are 2 sets of orange LEDs on the aprons and a white one at the SDTM area. This is for an added effect. The micro-second after you shoot the cannon the entire playfield "Explodes" with a lighting effect and then flash 10 times, "@ 27 seconds in the video ALL LEDs ARE FIRED", and the Band Member's and train light sequences will be interrupted until the cannon is fired, then they resume....

This is 17 sets LED flashers that are added to the pinball and controlled by a separate programmed. This will not load down the flasher circuits in the pinball machine and the programmer is very capable on handling and controlling them.

Also as stated before this mod will come with the BAC cannon in it.

Thanks for the question.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Buy with confidence Hemi makes excellent proffesional grade mods.
Takes his time and does them right.
Nice looking mods Hemi as usual

Thanks for the kind words. .... This is by far my BEST mod that I have made so far.... Thanks everyone that has already placed their orders and I am still taking pre-orders... I will have lots of pictures on how to install this mod and everything will be labeled very well so you will know where things go, again there will no soldering required to install this mod.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

And you better send me that PDF to shrink

Thanks.... I will do that.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Gday hemi, looks unreal!
i have already modded a cannon/flasher to fit my machine. Not as good as your one but good enough. How much for the total rock concert by itself?

Send me a PM about this.... Thanks.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

HEMI = TOP notch guy, TOP notch mods

Sweet Thanks for the compliment.

#66 11 years ago

I was going to save this as a surprise when everyone opens my mod out of the packaging, but I can resist not showing the enclosure for my programmable controller. Granted this goes inside the cabinet but it has to look cool because AC/DC is an AWESOME machine. .... I have a few more surprises for this mod. Note... I did not spell "HIGH VOLTAGE" wrong it is just the AC/DC font style.

Again thanks everyone for ordering my mod and I am working on this as much as I can... more to come.

2013-03-13_18-39-32_966.jpg2013-03-13_18-39-32_966.jpg 2013-03-13_18-40-16_78.jpg2013-03-13_18-40-16_78.jpg

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Steve, hasn't Gary called you yet to make you a job offer?

No, not yet, I am still waiting....

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hemi, how big is that enclosure?

It is 8" long 6" tall and 3" wide. I will mount perfectly along side of the speaker on the left side in front of the service plug cover and the playfield rails will not touch it when the playfield is inside the machine... No Worries, I check this out first.

I am going to get a finished kit installed in my machine and I will post some pictures of how it looks....

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Steve,
Honestly dude, how about a little credit if you're going to use my Video for comparative purposes?!?!
Target price is $75
Available soon - currently waiting on Laser-cut plastics for super easy Plug & Play - no drilling, tapping, pealing, sticking or Wire Routing.
Not dumping on your TTRC MOD as it's freaking awesome!
I'm definitely in for a Cannon MOD but the rest I can live without @ that price point.
Pin - K
http://www.KimballsPinballs.com
http://www.youtube.com/embed/QNcktdLEymY?autoplay=1&rel=0

I am sorry if I offended you and nothing against your mod. Please accept my apologize for my remarks. It was uncalled for.... I know you makes great mods for the pinball community as well. Next time I will ask before I do....

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Is the BAC cannon going to look basically the same as the one from China?

Yes. Similar looking, but finished off to fit the machine, not modified to fit. The plans are the coil cover and the cannon are all one piece and you will use the same factory screws to mount the BAC cannon on the assembly.... plus a few extra touches that Matt is working on... He is AWESOME.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The stuff you, Zdoor and all the others make is super cool. Makes me want to play more.
But this is so far the best mod I've seen. Man a real addiction, i'm buying mods for pins I don't even own.
Great day to all

Thanks.... Zdoor and I have teamed up on doing mods together, so the sky is the limit for them. We have website that we started working on together and it is VERY close to being completed. Just a few more details to work out on it.

Also we have some BIG plans in the works for some "NEW" machines, more to come VERY SOON.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Steve,
No offense taken & no need to apologize 8-})
I just thought a note/sidebar to my Video would have been a little more appropriate.
Since I'm a MODDER like yourself, my thrill is in the concept, design & implementation of our ideas.
I'm on the waiting list for the Cannon MOD!
Thanks,
Pin - K
aka Kim of
http://www.KimballsPinballs.com

Thanks, I will get you a Shoot to Thrill mod (BAC cannon and my lighting effects) no problem

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Any idea when Matt will unveil his version of the cannon?

He is still working on it and wants everything to meet his standards.... so when I know, you'll know . More to come.

#97 11 years ago

I just talked to Matt tonight for an update....

Matt has been making trips out to Pincades to get the cannon's design down perfect. Matt and Jesse (owner of Pincades) have been friends for a long time. Jesse is going to save Matt the running back and forth and let him borrow his BIB AC/DC LE for this mod.... Matt is giving up his first born for collateral to use Jesse's machine... Just Kidding

I just want to give a "BIG THANK YOU" to Jesse for letting Matt use his pride and joy BIB machine... I know most guys would not even think about doing this if it was just a Premium machine. Thanks Jesse from everyone that wants this mod for their machine.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Very awesome of him. So are you basically at the point where you're just waiting for parts to come in before you can ship stuff? Or are you still designing stuff?

We are both working on this mod at the same time. I am past the designing point and putting my mods together and he is still in the prototyping stages. I will more then likely still be the bottle neck. The TRC mod takes a more time to build everything up. Once Matt is finished getting his prototype perfect, he can make them faster then I can.

1 week later
#101 10 years ago

I am just giving an update on my progress....I have all of the controllers, enclosures, the graphics, brackets, switches, etc.... I have been working hard on everybody's orders and making progress. I know everyone is excited for this mod. I want everything to be right not rushed, so everyone is happy. Please be patient because these mods are 100% custom.

Here are a few pictures of the final look on the top Band Members... A BIG thanks to Matt for coming up with the idea, and making them. IMG_20130327_215456_674.jpgIMG_20130327_215456_674.jpg

#102 10 years ago

Sorry for the double post the phone malfunctioned...

#103 10 years ago

I hate my phone it did it again.... Lol.

1 week later
#109 10 years ago

Here is a update...

Matt met up with me at Michigan Pinball Expo on Saturday, and gave me 8 trial cannons to see how my light effects will incorporate into them. He wants to make a few more improvements to them and wants me to be 100% sure I don't need anything changed.

I have the cannons to experiment on and they might be salvageable but no promises (EDIT 5/4/13 these were Prototype cannons and will not work, Matt has made a new mold).

We are making progress on the mod. The cannons will have wheels and the tube will be removed. That is from the molding process, and these are not painted...

I have controllers ready to go, brackets made, LEDs in stock, and all parts in stock, etc.... Things are going along good because most of the parts took a few weeks to get.

No worries.... I am working on them.

IMG_20130408_180233_101.jpgIMG_20130408_180233_101.jpg IMG_20130408_180346_625.jpgIMG_20130408_180346_625.jpg IMG_20130408_180449_893.jpgIMG_20130408_180449_893.jpg

#115 10 years ago

I know that everyone is excited and wants this mod for their machine. But I want everything to be right before I ship them. I when to Michigan Pinball Expo for just Saturday and took my AC DC... It was turned on at 8:00AM and someone was always playing it until I turned it off at midnight. That's 16 hours of straight play time and none of the mods skipped a beat. They are working perfectly.

I am going to update my machine with 1.65 code and verify the new code with my mod. I want to make sure it still looks the same....

#116 10 years ago

Here is something that you will not see everyday... a video that was taken at Michigan Pinball Expo on Saturday when Pinball Champion Daniele Acciari was playing my AC/DC... This video does a great job showing off the complete package of mods for the machine. Including Zdoors under the cabin and back box lighting mods.

When he was done playing this game. He ordered the mods for his machine...I asked him if he would autograph my machine.... and he did .

I had the tilt set very sensitive at the show...you'll see.

Playback at 1080HD

3 weeks later
#119 10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Here is another update

First of all thanks for your patience with me on making this mod... It's a lot of work, but I am planning on shipping the first run of them VERY, VERY, soon.

While making up the LED harnesses for the band members, I came up with an improvement to the mod. This revision gets Band Members a cleaner look to them, more even lighting effects, easier to install on your machine, and 3 colors (red, blue and white) that change from top to bottom. I quickly made up one and installed it on my machine. I definitely like this look better and I am keeping this way in my machine.

Here is a video of this improved band members lighting and the final version of the cannon from Matt installed in it.

#120 10 years ago

I have the first release run of harnesses made and a couple of the final version of Matt's Cannon ready. I will have more of Matt's Cannons next week.....

IMG_20130504_165841_351.jpgIMG_20130504_165841_351.jpg IMG_20130501_230216_188.jpgIMG_20130501_230216_188.jpg

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

How much is the Cannon with the lighting effects?
Aren't there different choices on the Cannon lighting effects? (Flasher/LED on top vs. just an LED on top or something to that effect?)
How are you guys finishing the area over the coil & armature?
Do you have a pic of the Cannon mounted? (Couldn't make this area out in your most recent video.)
Thanks.

You can see all of the videos on my website... pinballrefinery.com and order the "Total Rock Concert" (TRC) mod from there as well. This mod does take a lot of custom made parts and lots of time, so please be patience with me.

Soon, I will be offering just the "Shoot to Thrill" cannon mod as well from my website. I have them currently "Out of Stock" until they are ready to be shipped out. Matt is making them as fast as he can and I have some cannons in stock and set aside that are for my Total Rock Concert orders. Matt can make the cannons faster then I can make the TRC mods, so I will be offering them as well. I am trying make everyone as happy as possible. I am a Army of One

Here are a few pictures of my progress and the first prototype cannon and coil cover on my machine. We decided to paint the actual production cannons slightly different then the prototype one on my machine.

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_20130509_194401_879.jpgIMG_20130509_194401_879.jpg IMG_20130509_195504_711.jpgIMG_20130509_195504_711.jpg

1 week later
#128 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

I had a train switch configuration issue with the mod. I am fixing them. Also, I came up with a better way to make the installation a whole lot easier to install the band members triggering switch. Now you don't have to completely disassemble them, the new way saves you from drilling and taping the 2 small 4/40 screw holes.

I am out town for the weekend, but taking Monday off from my day job to finalize and ship out the first release of the TRC mod.

I am sorry for the delay,

Steve

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Man I hope I was on of the first one the order list.

You Are... yours is coming

Everyone that I contacted about the band llighting improvement is on this release of them.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I'm in if they are still available.

I will send you a PM and yes, I am still taking prepaid orders and building the TRC mod for everyone. I am out of town for the weekend but Monday I will be back at it, working on them

#150 10 years ago

Alright you guys.... I finally see what is going on when I am not watching my post....

I will give an update later today on the shipping status of the first release of the TRC mod

It's all good

#153 10 years ago

To Flashburn.......

YES.... it will be shipped tomorrow, boxed up and ready

I am 100% testing the complete kit out before I will ship them. I test everything as I build them, but I am double checking everything.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Hell yeah! That's awesome. I'll be installing it this weekend if I get it by then.

Yes you will have it by the weekend I will be shipping them USPS Priority Mail (tracking numbers) with in the US, and USPS First Class outside of the US.

The directions will be emailed to you when it is shipped. I have 1/2 of the first release of them going out tomorrow, and I will have the rest of them send ASAP.

Thanks everyone for your patience and I will continue making everyone's orders.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Hemi,
I am interested in purchasing the TRC package for my AC/DC Premium. What do you need from me to get the order placed and when would you expect to ship the package?
Thanks
eharan

PM Sent.... Also you can order them off my website.

www.pinballrefinery.com

Steve

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Are theses mods ever going to ship?

To wdpvideo....

Yours will also be shipped out tomorrow

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

How 'bout me boss?

To hank35...

I have yours doubled tested, boxed up and it is shipping out into tomorrows Priority Mail

I will email you the direction and tracking numbers tomorrow,

Hemi

#166 10 years ago

I want to give Fattrain a BIG Thank You for compressing my PDF files so I can send all of the directions in 1 email instead of 3 separate emails.....

I have emailed everyone orders that were shipped out today. 3 more going out tomorrow including hank35 as stated above.

Hemi

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Just ordered mine off the site! Totally stoked! Wicked Mod Hemi!

Thanks.... All I ask is for some time to make this mod for you and everyone else.....

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Got the tracking number and the instructions, thanks Hemi. OMFG so many LED's!!! Can't wait to install everything.

Your Welcome,

I hope you don't have a seizure, and I am not responsible if you do.... Just where your sunglasses when you play

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Can the people who just ordered the cannon be expecting shipping as well or are the TRC mods just shipping now?

The TRC for now, but I will be doing both the BAC Shoot to Thrill cannon and TRC mods at the same time very soon. Matt is starting to produce the cannons faster than I can make the TRC mod..... So they both will be in full production.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Ouh i'm afraid my ACDC will be fully operational when my mods arrive. (With the voice of the Emperor when he's telling Luke about his master plan).

Join me and together my mods will rule the Universe as Modder and Moddie....

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Just ordered your last one.

I just to let everyone know.... If you order one of the TRC mods from the website, they are not ready to be shipped out. You are getting on the building list for them.

Thanks everyone for your purchases.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I did not get an email. Is mine coming soon ?

I am working on them as much as possible... I have not forgotten anyone and please be patient with me

You will get one......

#178 10 years ago

More orders were shipped out today and directions emailed ....

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

Hi Hemi. Just looking for an update. I ordered the TRC mod and paid 2 months ago when you first started this thread. My post is on page 3. I see you are shipping now but I havent received any emails from you in this regard. Just curious where I stand in your list for shipping? Thank you!

PM Sent

#184 10 years ago

Thanks for your input about the directions... I can and will revise the directions also I add some more details on the harnesses to easy the installation process. These were the first batch of TRC mods shipped out to everyone.

Please email me if you have anymore questions about the installation of the mod and I will be happy to walk you through this.

EDIT..... I talked to him on the phone and there was some confusion about powering up the cannon. He was trying to install my older cannon kit and the TRC mod at the same time and the older directions were lost.... I re-emailed him the directions to the older cannon kit and we are all set.

Thanks,
Steve

#186 10 years ago

If the band members bracket is touching the glass. Another option is to carefully bend down the upper aluminum/plastic bracket leading edge so it doesn't touch anymore. I will made all of these adjustments to the bracket before I ship anymore. Sorry for the issues, all of the parts are custom made in this mod.

Thanks for the help everyone to get this mod dialed in,

Steve

#189 10 years ago

If I remember correctly.... The bottom mount on the band members bracket is slotted a little, try moving it to the inside of the playfield to stop it from catching on the cabinet....

We'll get this figured out

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It was just me being an idiot. I thought it was made out of some type of very thin metal, so I attempted to make a crease in it. The thing just cracked in half.

Sorry about that.... The cover is made from thin plastic and it will bend, but not fold.

Let me know if you want a replacement.

#202 10 years ago

I am sorry about the labels coming off from the harness. I will make them a little larger so they stick better to each other and the wire. I will PM you my phone number so I can talk you through the locations of the LED harnesses that you are unsure of their locations.

Also I revised the directions words some for the mod. I will re - email them to you.

No worries I will help you get this mod installed into your machine,
Steve

#204 10 years ago

Thanks for your input about the video. I will try to make a video of this mod installed into the machine and see if I can get it someone to edit it and post it on YouTube for everyone that purchases it.... But this will take time to do this...

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

To all mod creators:
A step by step HD installation video on all mods is so darn helpful. It truly eliminates frustration for your clients and would definitely limit tons of emails from concerned buyers.
-Mauro

Just an update... I have been busy and I have a few more TRC being shipped out tomorrow.

Also this weekend I made a 25 minute installation video on DVD, showing you how to install the mod into your machine. This instructional DVD video will be included in everyone's order along with the pictures directions that I will email you once the TRC is shipped. It would take too long to upload the video on YouTube and if someone's internet connection is slow, that would get very frustrating.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Awesome! I can upload it to YouTube if you want. If not I won't. Up to you.

I think the video is too large to upload to YouTube....After editing the video, it is still about 26 minutes. plus if someone has slow internet or needs to look at something again, YouTube would have to reload. That would be a pain in the butt.

Thanks for offering

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

My ACDC is all installed and tricked out with the Cannon flashers and other goodies.
I will say that I LOVE the way Hemi does all his mods with inline adapters and break-away components for when you have to remove ramps e.t.c. with quick disconnects. Thanks for all that ya do champ!

Thanks and no problem... It is more work for me to design and make them that way, but when the machine needs to be serviced, it has to be as easy as possible and look factory when it is installed.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+1
Because of this, I was able to add the new BAC cannon mod to my existing cannon flasher kit without even running any new wires. I think all future modders should consider using above the playfield connectors like this. It simply makes everything so much more convenient.

Exactly, I designed the new Shoot to Thrill (SST) mod to be total compatible with the older version cannon kit that I offered, and like you said, it is super easy to install of you previously purchase that older cannon mod that I made. Thanks for the feedback about the STT mod.

1 week later
#218 10 years ago

Thanks Asael for letting everyone know that you recieved and installed your TRC.

Update.... I am still working on everyone's orders and I have all of the parts in stock. I am plugging away at them and I appreciate everyone's patience with me making this mod.... I will be taking some time off in a couple of weeks from my normal day job and working 100% on them during these days off. I WILL get everyone's TRC mods filled and shipped out ASAP or die trying .

Thanks again,

Steve

1 month later
#225 10 years ago

Thanks for the feed back on my TRC mods.... I am pushing myself hard to complete all of my orders and I will start taking preorders for the next run of this great mod for AC/DC.

Metallica is next and coming soon.

1 month later
#227 10 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

Hi Hemi,
Mod is awesome, Video was necessary and absolutely helpful for me and your Support was fantastic.
Thank you.
Cheers
Markus
I've commented it at our german forum, hope you agree:
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=131104

Hi Markus,

Thanks.... I am glad you think the TRC mod is awesome and thanks for posting and telling others about my work in Germany. I looked at your thread and I think it looks great, but I can't read German.... Lol. No worries.

I will be makings another small production of about 10 of them when I have enough pre-orders.

Thanks for spreading the word about my mods,

Steve

5 months later
#229 10 years ago

I am thinking of doing a second production run of the TRC mod. I have a some pre-orders from Pinsiders and customers, which I will make. I just wanted to offer anyone else that is interested in one a chance to get one, since the release of the Luci version of AC/DC. It will come with the new looking Cannon as well.

Just shoot me a PM if you would like to purchase one.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20140215_173354_752-975.jpgIMG_20140215_173354_752-975.jpg

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I'm patiently waiting for mine It will look good on my Bible as well.

Yes... I have you on my list. I have built a few of them and you're pre-order is coming up very soon

Thanks,

Steve

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I already bought the cannon. Is there a version minus that since I just bought the cannon. At the time it said all sold out for the package .

Yes, I will and can offer the TRC without the cannon, I will just deduct the price of the cannon from the price of the TRC....

Total Rock Concert mod............$475.00
Shoot to Thrill cannon...........- $125.00
---------------------------------------------------------
Different............................... $350.00
Plus shipping cost.......................????? (depends where you live)

Yes, I know the website says they are sold out, I have not opened it up for order yet, but I will. I can add an option on the website to order a TRC without the cannon and deduct it from the price.

Thanks for asking,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#239 10 years ago

I have some of the controllers built and working perfectly.... Now on to the making the wiring harnesses...

IMG_20140306_143100_991.jpgIMG_20140306_143100_991.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemiorange09.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-band-members-le-train-and-new-cannon-mods-are-coming-by-hemi?tu=hemiorange09 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.