27_juillet_030.jpg
27_juillet_029.jpg
27_juillet_028.jpg
27_juillet_027.jpg
27_juillet_025.jpg
Cannon_#3.JPG
Cannon_#2.JPG
Cannon_#1.JPG

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago

I am just giving an update on my progress....I have all of the controllers, enclosures, the graphics, brackets, switches, etc.... I have been working hard on everybody's orders and making progress. I know everyone is excited for this mod. I want everything to be right not rushed, so everyone is happy. Please be patient because these mods are 100% custom.

Here are a few pictures of the final look on the top Band Members... A BIG thanks to Matt for coming up with the idea, and making them. IMG_20130327_215456_674.jpgIMG_20130327_215456_674.jpg

#102 10 years ago

Sorry for the double post the phone malfunctioned...

#103 10 years ago

I hate my phone it did it again.... Lol.

#104 10 years ago

Just placed my order for my AC/DC premium. Should be here in 2 weeks. I LOVE THIS MOD !!

Place me on the list for the Total Rock Concert package hemi! Thanks

#105 10 years ago

Nice, I like that decal much better than the previous one.

#106 10 years ago

Love that band topper. Amazing

#107 10 years ago

Payment sent to hemi. Im in gang for the TRC whole package. I love Matt at BAC's stuff. I have his Spiderman City and POTC mods. Cant wait to see what he does with the AC/DC cannon. His POTC cannon is really cool.

1 week later
#108 10 years ago

Any updates?

#109 10 years ago

Here is a update...

Matt met up with me at Michigan Pinball Expo on Saturday, and gave me 8 trial cannons to see how my light effects will incorporate into them. He wants to make a few more improvements to them and wants me to be 100% sure I don't need anything changed.

I have the cannons to experiment on and they might be salvageable but no promises (EDIT 5/4/13 these were Prototype cannons and will not work, Matt has made a new mold).

We are making progress on the mod. The cannons will have wheels and the tube will be removed. That is from the molding process, and these are not painted...

I have controllers ready to go, brackets made, LEDs in stock, and all parts in stock, etc.... Things are going along good because most of the parts took a few weeks to get.

No worries.... I am working on them.

IMG_20130408_180233_101.jpgIMG_20130408_180233_101.jpg IMG_20130408_180346_625.jpgIMG_20130408_180346_625.jpg IMG_20130408_180449_893.jpgIMG_20130408_180449_893.jpg

#110 10 years ago

Looks awesome so far...excited!

#111 10 years ago

Sweet, thanks Hemi. Looking good.

#112 10 years ago

Sweet, those are gonna be awesome

#113 10 years ago

Very cool and Thanks for the hard work to make these mods for us.

#115 10 years ago

I know that everyone is excited and wants this mod for their machine. But I want everything to be right before I ship them. I when to Michigan Pinball Expo for just Saturday and took my AC DC... It was turned on at 8:00AM and someone was always playing it until I turned it off at midnight. That's 16 hours of straight play time and none of the mods skipped a beat. They are working perfectly.

I am going to update my machine with 1.65 code and verify the new code with my mod. I want to make sure it still looks the same....

#116 10 years ago

Here is something that you will not see everyday... a video that was taken at Michigan Pinball Expo on Saturday when Pinball Champion Daniele Acciari was playing my AC/DC... This video does a great job showing off the complete package of mods for the machine. Including Zdoors under the cabin and back box lighting mods.

When he was done playing this game. He ordered the mods for his machine...I asked him if he would autograph my machine.... and he did .

I had the tilt set very sensitive at the show...you'll see.

Playback at 1080HD

#117 10 years ago

Extremely Cool!

3 weeks later
#118 10 years ago

Update ??

#119 10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Here is another update

First of all thanks for your patience with me on making this mod... It's a lot of work, but I am planning on shipping the first run of them VERY, VERY, soon.

While making up the LED harnesses for the band members, I came up with an improvement to the mod. This revision gets Band Members a cleaner look to them, more even lighting effects, easier to install on your machine, and 3 colors (red, blue and white) that change from top to bottom. I quickly made up one and installed it on my machine. I definitely like this look better and I am keeping this way in my machine.

Here is a video of this improved band members lighting and the final version of the cannon from Matt installed in it.

#120 10 years ago

I have the first release run of harnesses made and a couple of the final version of Matt's Cannon ready. I will have more of Matt's Cannons next week.....

IMG_20130504_165841_351.jpgIMG_20130504_165841_351.jpg IMG_20130501_230216_188.jpgIMG_20130501_230216_188.jpg

#121 10 years ago

Nice

#122 10 years ago

I can't wait to get my mod

#123 10 years ago

WOW that looks great. You have a small factory going on at your place! I already paid for mine and I assume I am in the first run crowd? I hope to get mine soon

#124 10 years ago

I'd be interested in the whole package as well

#125 10 years ago

How much is the Cannon with the lighting effects?

Aren't there different choices on the Cannon lighting effects? (Flasher/LED on top vs. just an LED on top or something to that effect?)

How are you guys finishing the area over the coil & armature?

Do you have a pic of the Cannon mounted? (Couldn't make this area out in your most recent video.)

Thanks.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

How much is the Cannon with the lighting effects?
Aren't there different choices on the Cannon lighting effects? (Flasher/LED on top vs. just an LED on top or something to that effect?)
How are you guys finishing the area over the coil & armature?
Do you have a pic of the Cannon mounted? (Couldn't make this area out in your most recent video.)
Thanks.

You can see all of the videos on my website... pinballrefinery.com and order the "Total Rock Concert" (TRC) mod from there as well. This mod does take a lot of custom made parts and lots of time, so please be patience with me.

Soon, I will be offering just the "Shoot to Thrill" cannon mod as well from my website. I have them currently "Out of Stock" until they are ready to be shipped out. Matt is making them as fast as he can and I have some cannons in stock and set aside that are for my Total Rock Concert orders. Matt can make the cannons faster then I can make the TRC mods, so I will be offering them as well. I am trying make everyone as happy as possible. I am a Army of One

Here are a few pictures of my progress and the first prototype cannon and coil cover on my machine. We decided to paint the actual production cannons slightly different then the prototype one on my machine.

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_20130509_194401_879.jpgIMG_20130509_194401_879.jpg IMG_20130509_195504_711.jpgIMG_20130509_195504_711.jpg

#127 10 years ago

Any chance I'll be seeing a tracking number for my TRC mod before this weekend? No worries if not, but that'd be badass.

1 week later
#128 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

I had a train switch configuration issue with the mod. I am fixing them. Also, I came up with a better way to make the installation a whole lot easier to install the band members triggering switch. Now you don't have to completely disassemble them, the new way saves you from drilling and taping the 2 small 4/40 screw holes.

I am out town for the weekend, but taking Monday off from my day job to finalize and ship out the first release of the TRC mod.

I am sorry for the delay,

Steve

#129 10 years ago

Sweet, no problem Steve. Thanks for the update.

#130 10 years ago

Man I hope I was on of the first one the order list.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Man I hope I was on of the first one the order list.

You Are... yours is coming

Everyone that I contacted about the band llighting improvement is on this release of them.

#133 10 years ago

The easier installation sounds worth a short delay. Although if you cut vacation short .... Just kidding Hemi, thanks for this great mod and execution.

#134 10 years ago

In for the cannon mod, lmk when it can be ordered through your site. Just ordered a prem and the stock cannon was really the only thing that I didn't like.

Cheers and thanks

Alan

#135 10 years ago

Just bought a TRC mod. Webpage shows only one left in stock!

#136 10 years ago

Ah man such great news. I hope i'm in that first batch.

#137 10 years ago

I'm in if they are still available.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I'm in if they are still available.

I will send you a PM and yes, I am still taking prepaid orders and building the TRC mod for everyone. I am out of town for the weekend but Monday I will be back at it, working on them

#139 10 years ago

Are theses mods ever going to ship?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Are theses mods ever going to ship?

Ouf, that's a bit too direct. Can't wait to get them but I know it's a lot of work. You don't see mods that big very often. Patience my friend it's coming

#141 10 years ago

Steve,

Knows I am kidding!

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Steve,
Knows I am kidding!

Lol sorry man didnt know you were friends my bad

Felt bad for Steve who's working so hard. Got my ACDC backbox and undercab light mods from Gio and Steve this week and man.......this is something.

Saw the videos online on youtube but it doesnt give these mods any justice. Took me a few games before I could pay attention to the ball again hehehe

Highly recommand it, will post a few pictures soon but afraid it won't represent the real deal

#143 10 years ago

Don't feel sorry for Steve he needs someone to give him a hard time...He's a great guy but do not tell him I said so.

#144 10 years ago

Lol

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

He's a wanker.

Hahaha. Thanks for the backbox and undercab. I was right letting you pic the colors. Me like it a lot

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hahaha. Thanks for the backbox and undercab. I was right letting you pic the colors. Me like it a lot

Glad your happy with it Chris.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Lol sorry man didnt know you were friends my bad
Felt bad for Steve who's working so hard. Got my ACDC backbox and undercab light mods from Gio and Steve this week and man.......this is something.
Saw the videos online on youtube but it doesnt give these mods any justice. Took me a few games before I could pay attention to the ball again hehehe
Highly recommand it, will post a few pictures soon but afraid it won't represent the real deal

Can you post a better pic or Vid Chris?

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Can you post a better pic or Vid Chris?

I'll try to

#150 10 years ago

Alright you guys.... I finally see what is going on when I am not watching my post....

I will give an update later today on the shipping status of the first release of the TRC mod

It's all good

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-band-members-le-train-and-new-cannon-mods-are-coming-by-hemi/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.