27_juillet_030.jpg
27_juillet_029.jpg
27_juillet_028.jpg
27_juillet_027.jpg
27_juillet_025.jpg
Cannon_#3.JPG
Cannon_#2.JPG
Cannon_#1.JPG

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

I am starting a new thread for my soon to be released mod called "The Total Rock Concert" mod for AC/DC LE/Premuims machine (TRC), I have it prototoyped and running in my machine. I still have to finish up programming the cannon's light show and wiring it. This will not take me long. I have teamed up with Matt @ Back Alley Creations to make the NEW cannon that everyone wants. This one in the Video is not Matt's, just a prototype.

I am still working on a price for this mod. I have lots of expensive parts and time in this mod. I am "estimating" the cost to be around $450.00. (EDIT... The Final price for the TRC mod is $475.00 shipped in the US, International Shipping cost $40.00 more, Sorry rates have gone up.) ....Sorry that it is a high ticket price, but the controller alone is $175.00 and Matt's cannon mod is $125.00. So that is $300.00 for just those 2 items. I am trying to get everyone the best price I can on this one.

Here is what the mod will do....I decided to make new light show on my own using a Industrial PLC and write my own code. I am going to be adding several LED flashers throughout the machine, so when "my switches" are made, it will start a light show that Stern did not finish or do. I have 5 different colors of LEDs to incorporate into the machine...red, orange, white, green and blue. So when the pinball enter/exit the LE train ramp, you get a light show. If you watch LEDs flash, they are in sink and timed to the train crossing bells (entry ramp switch) and conductor sounding the horn (exit ramp switch).... It is a cool lighting effect.. When the multi-ball starts and the Band Members are putting on their concert....you get a total light show effect on them. I am going to change the lighting effects and timing on the cannon, take them away from the Pinball machine's control and add more LEDs though out the playfield. The micro-second after you shoot the cannon the entire playfield will Explode with a lighting effect....It will be First Class all the way.

Here is a game play video of it in my machine using the prototype cannon still wired into the pinball machines control, this look will change. The Band Members light show and the LE train light show are running. I will be using Matt's Cannon for this mod, not the toy one as shown in the video. Again this will not be a inexpensive mod.

More coming very soon on this mod....

#2 11 years ago

Ouch, I definitely still want it, but I'm gonna have to hold off for a few months at least. It does sound and look amazing so far though.

#3 11 years ago

I love how creative members of this hobby are. Sounds like these are going to be rocking mods!!!! $450 for the bundle doesn't sound that bad either for what you are getting.

#4 11 years ago

How about just a plain rock band mod? No programing, It would just go off when the band moves.

$450 is a lot of money to spend on a mod. Not complaining, it's a fair price for all you do with the total rock concert package.

Pappy

#5 11 years ago

I will be adding more lighting effects still to the controllers program.. I want to add lights to shine down on the AC/DC in between the flippers to make it pop out when the cannon fires.... and here is a finish touch on top of the band Members area, it fits the theme. These are Prototyped pictures of the SDTM areas.

2012-11-13_10-13-22_776.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-22_776.jpg 2012-11-13_10-13-34_849.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-34_849.jpg 2012-11-13_10-13-55_861.jpg2012-11-13_10-13-55_861.jpg 2012-11-13_10-14-14_978.jpg2012-11-13_10-14-14_978.jpg 2013-03-06_22-40-33_936.jpg2013-03-06_22-40-33_936.jpg

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

How about just a plain rock band mod? No programing, It would just go off when the band moves.
$450 is a lot of money to spend on a mod. Not complaining, it's a fair price for all you do with the total rock concert package.
Pappy

EDIT......I was out of line for this post, so it has been edited.

I total understand it is a lot of money and what you said can be done... The LEDs would be all on or all off when the band is moving or not moving... My plans are when the cannon fires the pinball, I will be turning on all of the LEDs everywhere at once to give you an Burst of light from all areas of the machine.... That can not be done without the programmer controlling them.

#7 11 years ago

So far so good. Nice work!

#8 11 years ago

I understand the price point. Nice work Hemi. Need to save up.

#9 11 years ago

Count me in.

#10 11 years ago

Maybe you could work in the apron lights as well? I don't recall much (if anything?) using them currently.

#11 11 years ago

Do you want to use this or other thread for building order interest? I am in. One thing I mentioned sometime back was that it would be nice to do something with the horns on the juke. They are poorly lit now. Would be cool if it could be used to indicate something. At least make them brighter.

#12 11 years ago

Hemi, this looks really cool! Do you have the ability to maintain/update the lightshow programming after these have shipped? Most believe Lyman is not done with the code. You could build a killer lightshow based on what is happening now only to have Lyman change the behavior, or add new things (such as strobe multiball), that might not work so well with a program you built based on today's code. Any thoughts?

#13 11 years ago

Count me in as well.

Jim

#14 11 years ago

Will the cannon mod be available by itself?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Maybe you could work in the apron lights as well? I don't recall much (if anything?) using them currently.

Yes I will be adding my LEDs to this area as well. I have done some experiments on my Ironman and Spiderman on the apron and I will also do this for AC/DC. I just have not wired them in....Here is a video of my Ironman. Watch the apron area. I will not be able to get this effect like Ironman for AC/DC but it will explode the light across the playfield..... this Ironman mod is NOT for sale, this is a one off mod for my machine only .

#16 11 years ago

I knew the mod was going to be pricey, just hearing all it could do. I am going to have to hold off on it for now but still would like the cannon mod. Please keep me on the cannon list for now and i will have to get more funds for the band mod. Great job Hemi!

#17 11 years ago

This $450 mod makes a hell of a lot more sense than dropping $5500 extra for different cabinet art and backglass!! (BIBLE).

Count me in!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Will the cannon mod be available by itself?

Yes just the BAC/Hemi cannon mod called Shoot to Thrill is on this thread, please add a post there if you just want that mod. I am tracking everyone by posting on the thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod-with-prototype-flasher-awesome

I started talking about the Total Rock Concert mod there and I wanted to separate them...

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do you want to use this or other thread for building order interest? I am in. One thing I mentioned sometime back was that it would be nice to do something with the horns on the juke. They are poorly lit now. Would be cool if it could be used to indicate something. At least make them brighter.

Please post here for the Total Rock Concert mod and on the other thread for the Shoot to Thrill mod. I will look into the jukebox horn lights.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Hemi, this looks really cool! Do you have the ability to maintain/update the lightshow programming after these have shipped? Most believe Lyman is not done with the code. You could build a killer lightshow based on what is happening now only to have Lyman change the behavior, or add new things (such as strobe multiball), that might not work so well with a program you built based on today's code. Any thoughts?

Yes I can change/update my code based on what and how this machine is refined my Lyman. If a code update from Stern is released and I see the need to tweak my code. I can pass this information on how to change the programmer's code. This is the beauty of this controller. You don't need any special software to add/change the code to it. It is accessible from the front key pad and screen on the unit. I will make a video on YouTube and only allow everyone that purchased my mod to see what needs to be done to it from the key pad for a code update on it....

Thanks for asking about this.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Yes I can change/update my code based on what and how this machine is refined my Lyman.

Excellent!! Thanks for the additional detail.

#22 11 years ago

Great work Hemi! I responded to put me on the list for the cannon mod but now that I see this you can switch me to the list for the total rock concert mod. Can't wait!

#23 11 years ago

I'm Definitely in Steve! TRC and STT Cannon...Amazing work!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Em_Mark:

Great work Hemi! I responded to put me on the list for the cannon mod but now that I see this you can switch me to the list for the total rock concert mod. Can't wait!

No problem..... I forgot to say that this mod will be a plug and play for the power interface into the machine (No Soldering is involved). Everything will be labeled and the pictured directions will make it easier to install this mod.

EDIT...You will need to drill and tap 2) 4/40 holes (very small screw holes) in the back of the Band Members metal plate to install a switch. The drill bit and tap will be included in the kit. This is not hard to do....

#25 11 years ago

Very cool Hemi - I am still in for both... Total rock concert and the Shoot to thrill mod...

Thanks, Kevin

#26 11 years ago

Great mod so for $450 you get the whole lot I'll start saving

#27 11 years ago

For anyone on the fence...

I've seen quite a bit on this mod (TRC) and had many conversations with Steve (Hemi) about it. As my wife would say its the " Shiznelle"! It's not going to be cheap but a ton of effort and work has gone and is still going into it. It will be worth it. You will not be disappointed!

#28 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on it at this point. You can just add me to the list (if I wasn't on it already).

#29 11 years ago

Here is another video of just the Band Members lighting effects... I made about 4 days ago. This was made before I finished the Train lighting....Just a note look at the edges of the playfield plastics in both videos, the blue glows from the blue LEDs shining on them.... it is sweet looking.

#30 11 years ago

Count me in....

#31 11 years ago

I'm in!

#32 11 years ago

Put me down for a Total Rock Concert hemi, great work!

#33 11 years ago

I'd like to commit without fully committing.
I guess what that means is, I'd like to see the final product without fully committing

Thanks for doing this Steve

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I'd like to commit without fully committing.
I guess what that means is, I'd like to see the final product without fully committing
Thanks for doing this Steve

First of all I would like to say "Thank You" for buying into my Idea/Total light show mod that I want to do for this machine. I know that everyone will really like to the lighting effects you will get from it. Also I need to say a BIG THANKS to a few other Pinsiders for helping me out on my ideas, Zdoor and coaster guy. I needed to bounce a few ideas off them.

Please continue to post on this thread of you would like the TRC mod.

hank35, It is not a problem and I do not blame you, it is a lot of $$$ for a mod.... When the mod is completed and ready for the green light, I am going to ask for everyone to please pay for it in full, because of the cost of the parts and the time it will take to put everything together. I have purchased 5 of these programmers already and I can order more. I am going to be working with others and we will stay focused on getting these orders filled...please be patience with us .

I will finish wiring up the NEW cannon's lights, as well as the SDTM area and some on the apron that will flash out across the complete playfield. Also, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for some other locations ....I will finalize it sometime this weekend is the plan, and I will make a new video of it. I know Matt is starting on making the parts of the cannon. I will try my best to keep the ball rolling forward on this for everyone....

#35 11 years ago

Hi Hemi

I have your former ACDC Pro here at the Louisville arcade expo and the local news just showed the awesome advantages it has over the standard pro. Just wanted to let anyone who coming to stop by and try it out for free this weekend and see the quality of your work!
Buddy

#36 11 years ago

Hard to believe Stern has not hired people with passion like you and latched on to the Apple accessories biz plan... The accessories could very well rival the unit sales, but alas they are weak... Keep up the hard work guys!

#37 11 years ago

Damn it, Hemi.

Please put me on the list.

#38 11 years ago

I'm in when ever it's finished!!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This $450 mod makes a hell of a lot more sense than dropping $5500 extra for different cabinet art and backglass!! (BIBLE).
Count me in!

What? $5500?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Hi Hemi
I have your former ACDC Pro here at the Louisville arcade expo and the local news just showed the awesome advantages it has over the standard pro. Just wanted to let anyone who coming to stop by and try it out for free this weekend and see the quality of your work!
Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for letting me know that this AC/DC Pro made the local news... That's cool I am glad to hear you still are enjoying machine.

#41 11 years ago

I was asked a few questions by a Pinsider and ask him if I can post this. He said No Problem....

Hey Hemi,
I'm interested in the cannon mod (back alley creations version.)

I already bought your cannon led mod. Can you confirm a price for me?

Also, am I correct in assuming that when your total rock concert ultimate mod comes out, you'll be able to remove the price of the cannon? How long before you think each of these will be ready?

Answer.....EDIT PLEASE READ

The BAC Cannon will be $125.00 with the complete LED kit, if you don't already have my "old cannon kit" that I offered.....

I design these new mods to be an add-on to my "old cannon kit" that I already sold to several Pinsiders... so it will plug into the other harness that is already there.

If you wanted the complete package and get the TRC mod down the road, then yes, I will discount the price from the TRC mod down the road if you already have the BAC "Shoot to Thrill" mod.... It will be the same price either way... $475.00 for everything.

I am planning to release the TRC mod the same time Matt will have the cannons completed, because I have to wire them up either way. If everything goes smooth, we are planning Sometime in April/May time line. I am going to finish my AC/DC this weekend and post a video. There will be a few more tweaks to it, and I am still waiting for Matt's cannon as well. I will only have the toy cannon on my machine. After I release the 100% completed video I am going to start taking pre-orders on the TRC mod, so I can purchase all of the programmable controllers and parts to make the kits.

Thanks,
Steve

#42 11 years ago

IT IS DONE.....Here is the YouTube video showing the completed lighting effects that the Total Rock Concert mod is going to have on this AC/DC pinball machine.... IT'S AWESOME....@ 27 seconds in the video and the cannon is shot and ....THE MACHINE EXPLODES.... The video does not do it justice, but the video still looks UNBELIEVEABLE. I talked to Matt and he is going to start making his cannons ASAP.

I am taking pre-paid orders on this mod right now. I need them paid in full before I will order the parts due to the cost that is involved in it.... I have added a few more goodies to the mod and the final price is going to be $475.00 shipped in the US. For International shipping I am estimating is going to be $15.00 more. I am going to need your shipping address and email address to send you the directions when the mod is shipped to you.

Here is the YouTube video. Play it back in 720 HD.... It LOOKS INCREDIBLE

#43 11 years ago

Looks pretty awesome. Can you give us a complete breakdown of all the new lighting effects/mods it adds?

#44 11 years ago

Steve, PM'ed you. Good to go, looks absolutely amazing! Will have PP sent shortly this evening!

#45 11 years ago

Amazing

#46 11 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!

#47 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the orders all ready.... I will start working on them on my end.

#48 11 years ago

Very very clever!
I've been hearing the band themselves are working on a new album. I hope this proves to be true and and we get the subsequent concert tour and light show to rival Hemi's!
ACKADACKAAAA!!!

#49 11 years ago

Awesome! I am in!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Looks pretty awesome. Can you give us a complete breakdown of all the new lighting effects/mods it adds?

Here is what lighting effects you'll get from this mod...

When the pinball enters/exits the LE train ramp, you get a huge flood of blue from 4 sets of LEDs on the Train. If you watch LEDs flash, they are in sink and timed to the train crossing bells (entry ramp switch) and conductor sounding the horn (exit ramp switch), It is a cool lighting effect..

When the multi-ball starts and the Band Members are putting on their concert....you get a Total Light show effect on them; 3 LED strips of red, blue and white . There are 2 different speeds that they flash and switch back and forth like a rock concert.

I am going to change the lighting effects and timing on the cannon, take them away from the Pinball machine's control... Everybody wanted an explosion when the cannon is FIRED. I added orange LEDs to the cannon's area to show an explosion once the pinball leaves the cannon assembly and a red one out end of the barrel. There are 2 sets of orange LEDs on the aprons and a white one at the SDTM area. This is for an added effect. The micro-second after you shoot the cannon the entire playfield "Explodes" with a lighting effect and then flash 10 times, "@ 27 seconds in the video ALL LEDs ARE FIRED", and the Band Member's and train light sequences will be interrupted until the cannon is fired, then they resume....

This is 17 sets LED flashers that are added to the pinball and controlled by a separate programmed. This will not load down the flasher circuits in the pinball machine and the programmer is very capable on handling and controlling them.

Also as stated before this mod will come with the BAC cannon in it.

Thanks for the question.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-band-members-le-train-and-new-cannon-mods-are-coming-by-hemi/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.