• Other 4 votes
    6%

(62 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20150922-00055.jpg
IMG-20150922-00054.jpg
IMG-20150922-00053.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

I have the Hooked bolts and I really like the way they look. The larger bulbs give it that "classic" stage lighting you used to see at concerts. However, I have had several issues with mine. I repaired them a couple of times as best I could, but I am still a novice with soldering SMC resistors. Getting the burned bulbs out wasn't easy either.
I just PMd Hooked and he offered to fix them for me if I sent them back. Impressive! That is what I call 'standing behind your product'.

I've purchased mods from sellers in the past and got screwed because the mod had issues and I got ignored (and that was only days after receiving the mods).

When developing a mod(or most products), you don't always get it 100% right on the first try. It is nice to see mod developers not only standing by their product, but also continuing to improve it as well. I've had this experience with MezelMods and Cliffy protectors. They are great and I don't hesitate to continue buying their products.

2 weeks later
#41 8 years ago

My bolts (early version) from Hooked (bought via pinballdecals) had a few issues. Contacted Hooked after having them for about a year now and he said send them to him for repair. Did it. Got them back in a few days. Installed them.....and.....OMG, the 3rd Gen bolts are OUT-FRICKING-STANDING! Brighter than ever! I prefer these over the pinbits bolts because these have a very nice bezel around them that makes them stand out in the pin when they are not flashing. Polished and professional looking. They don't look like a 3rd party mod...they look like they came installed right from the factory (the way mods should look IMHO).

Any seller that makes good on a product after over a year is TOP NOTCH in my books. I would not hesitate to buy a mod from him again. If you are looking for polished, super bright bolts, and excellent customer service, just get them from HOOKED.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-led-lightning-bolt-mod-comparison?tu=personx99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.