• Ghost Busters LE 64 votes
    26%
  • Wizzard of OZ LE 78 votes
    31%

(248 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

Ghostbuster is a player machine, difficult and deep. for me, this is more work than fun to play. but when you succeed to go further in the game you start to really enjoy it and get fun.
Wizard is maybe the one who gets the deepest rulesheet...if you can understand them. not intuitive at all but not enough played this one. the game that has less flow.
ACDC is the more fun to play imo. great music and toys. strategic game.

i like ACDC and Ghostbuster but not for the same reasons.

#3 7 years ago

They are all 3 great machines - all in the top 20 so you can't go wrong. If you want a machine that wows the kids and neighbors then you might consider WOZ. If it's a man cave GB or AC/DC though WOZ should still be considered if you like a deep rule set.

#4 7 years ago

as none of us have really played a GBLE, can't say for SURE, but if the added features are better than the pro [right ramp HAS to be better] I'd say GBLE, then ACDCLE if you like the theme. I wouldn't own one as I'm not an ACDC fan, but agree the layout is one of Richies best and has a great ruleset.

Woz - no way. it's a love it or hate it game [i'm the latter] and not even in the top 100 for me personally.

#5 7 years ago

I don't even think it's worth a discussion...AC/DC all the way.

#6 7 years ago

Obviously ACDC. This poll shouldn't even be close but I imagine it will be because its another useless and skewed Pinside poll... no offense OP.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

why? have you ever played GB? i can consider ACDC is the best but i don't think there is no match at all.

#8 7 years ago

I prefer WOZ and GB due to their objective based ruleset design, especially WOZ. After a while I found ACDCs ruleset to be rather boring and lack depth / variety. While ACDC has crazy scoring formulas I found that at least for me they didn't make the gameplay more interesting.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Obviously ACDC. This poll shouldn't even be close

It won't be close. This is Pinside.

It is skewed though. Known quantity (AC/DC) vs unknown quantity (GB) vs polarizing game (WOZ). And by polarizing I mean Stern fanboys love to bash the crap out of it.

In real life, this is actually AC/DC against WOZ. Both great games, but very different styles. So the choice between them is easy. Pick the style you like better. Both have good complete rulesets, and both are fun. AC/DC has the flow and interesting rules. WOZ is a bit slower, but an absolute stackfest, and melting the witch is a hoot if you're good enough.

I completely exclude GB because it didn't live up to my expectations after all the hype. What I found was a game that wasn't that good (to me) when I played it a bunch.

#10 7 years ago

In a sweeping generalization:

Players: ACDC
Collectors: WOZ

GB is still unknown.

#11 7 years ago

What is WOZ doing in this poll?

#12 7 years ago

I've played all 3. I like woz the most. I did play a GB premium recently and enjoyed it, not sure I'll buy one though. AC-DC is fun too. Can't really go wrong with any of these.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

What is WOZ doing in this poll?

3 games I'm interested in....

#14 7 years ago

ACDC LE
GBLE
(Huge gap)
WOZ LE

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ha! I was going to say the same about WOZ. ACDC is a great game, but WOZ is in a different league entirely. My take:

WOZ is a classic.
ACDC is a great game.
GBLE is the flavor of the month.

EDIT: I can't even vote on one because all three are games that would be great to own. Voting for one is voting against the others, I think...and I'm not sure you could really go wrong.

#16 7 years ago

I own acdc and woz. I won't sell either one as they're both great in different ways. Woz is hands down more impressive and has more modes/rules. Woz is my pick. However if you want a concert in a box with greatest band ever, then its acdc. It's difficult, fast, and fun. Gb nobody has really played yet, but definitely looks fun and challenging. I don't think you can go wrong with any, but woz will blow people away if you have guests over. Just my experience. If I could only have one, it's woz by far.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

3 games I'm interested in....

Simple, buy all three.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Obviously ACDC. This poll shouldn't even be close but I imagine it will be because its another useless and skewed Pinside poll... no offense OP.

Drama.

#19 7 years ago

GB LE
AC/DC LE
WOZ LE

WOZLE is a good game but in the running for worst theme in pinball
What if you have no time for AC/DC as a band?
GB LE highly challenging and at least decent in the theme department
JMO mind you but to declare AC/DC a clear choice and WOZ to be in league all its own these factors must be considered.

#20 7 years ago

AC/DC is in a league of its own. WoZ is in another league, but it's also its own league. GB is in a third, yet also self-owned league. These three leagues make up a conference, which is in a league of its own. My AC/DC is gone, even after spending a bazillion hours installing the Cliffy suite. WoZ still here. GB on the way, and will stay as long as I like the cut of its league. Why am I still typing at 2:20am?

#22 7 years ago

Not a fan of acdc don't like the music or band so never would own it. Woz is fantastic not even close.

No idea on gb.

#23 7 years ago

I have Woz and Ac/dc premium with GBLE arriving soon.

I considered selling the first two, they are keepers and decided against it.

TWDLE is better than all of them.

I'll have to see how GBLE stacks up when it arrives.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Why am I still typing at 2:20am?

Just reset your clock to America and declare your independence from that crazy "down under" time zone.

#25 7 years ago

Y are alot people saying gb is in the top 20? It just started getting delivered and its entirely to early to tell anything except it looks nice and has good music and theme. I for one was not overly impressed with it yet and cancelled my order for now. Woz and acdc are proven winners that have with stood 3 or 4 year's of people playing and judging them .

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Y are alot people saying gb is in the too 20?

They just get sucked in by the hype and excitement and they want it to be great. They don't want to accept anything less. Its a sad thing really. Kinda like buying a mega lottery ticket and telling everyone you have the winning numbers.

It will fade and pass... until the next great title coming soon!

#27 7 years ago

WOZ and ACDC are my two favorite modern games. If I were to pick out of the two I'd go WOZ though. WOZ has an extra little kick in the rule design really forcing you to do everything. ACDC you can do the same things over and over and still make it by.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

why? have you ever played GB? i can consider ACDC is the best but i don't think there is no match at all.

Haven't played GBLE yet, but have put a lot of time on the pro.

AC/DC is one of the best games I've ever played. I'm hoping we see a Luci VE in a few years.

I also say this as someone who ordered GBLE.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

In a sweeping generalization:
Players: ACDC
Collectors: WOZ
GB is still unknown.

I own ACDC Prem and WOZ. I'm a player. Love them both. Both are awesome games. If one had to go, it would be ACDC, hands down.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have Woz and Ac/dc premium with GBLE arriving soon.
I considered selling the first two, they are keepers and decided against it.
TWDLE is better than all of them.
I'll have to see how GBLE stacks up when it arrives.

TWDLE is better than ACDC. Not to say ACDC isn't super awesome (which it is).

#31 7 years ago

All good games. They would look nice in a line. I have played quite a bit of a ACDC and WOZ. I own WOZ and it's a,masterpiece. That should be the choice.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Not a fan of acdc don't like the music or band so never would own it. Woz is fantastic not even close.
No idea on gb.

thanks for your opinion

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They just get sucked in by the hype and excitement and they want it to be great. They don't want to accept anything less. Its a sad thing really. Kinda like buying a mega lottery ticket and telling everyone you have the winning numbers.

what it is sad is the people who denigrate this one without having ever played it. maybe because they don't want it can be great or passes their favorite pins at the top 100.

#34 7 years ago

my thoughts is why do they have to be LE's? Any of them? If your stuck on having to get an LE....don't. That's my thoughts. Waste of money. Get the premiums.

#35 7 years ago

I like all three and feel that they all offer something different. WoZ is just gorgeous with a rule set that will keep you amused for a long time. The light show is unmatched by any machine I've ever played. Everyone gravitates to it as soon as they walk into the room.

AC/DC is a kick ass game too, but for different reasons. The rule set is pretty awesome as well. It's easy enough to understand, but complex enough that even experienced players can enjoy.

I've put about 20 - 30 games on GB and so far I really like it. The rules are somewhat non-intuitive (I still haven't figured out the bonus yet), but they are also still in development.

I like them all and would really like to add AC/DC and GB to my collection.

#36 7 years ago

Well,having played AC/DC,just can't get past shooting that cannon,couldn't get into it! Cancelled my WOZ order,got a ST/pre instead! Waiting on my GB/pre now!

#37 7 years ago

ACDC is old. Sound is old, system is old, old old old.

WOZ is a nice machine. Solid build, fun features, but gameplay can get old. As for LE, theyve made so many, if you dont get the EC edition you dont really have an LE. RR doesnt count in my book although its a nice looking pin.

GB, hells ya! Theme is great, LE is sick. I would go with this. Resale on this will be killer too if you dont like it.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#39 7 years ago

Get off my lawn.

#40 7 years ago

WOZ is a nice machine. Solid build, fun features, but gameplay can get old. As for LE, theyve made so many, if you dont get the EC edition you dont really have an LE. RR doesnt count in my book although its a nice looking pin.
GB, hells ya! Theme is great, LE is sick. I would go with this. Resale on this will be killer too if you dont like it.

wouldn't that mean GB is also old since it's based off of movies from the mid 80's? Under those lines, GOT should be your shining star. Newest theme Stern has.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

More drama. Have u even played it yet?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

More drama. Have u even played it yet?

Yes... next title please!

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This poll shouldn't even be close but I imagine it will be because its another useless and skewed Pinside poll...

Quoted from DaveH:

It won't be close. This is Pinside.

Just like I said... way too close! ACDC should be about 71% with WoZ at about 26% and since GBLE just started shipping it should be no more than 3% from those who just can't help themselves.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just like I said... way too close! ACDC should be about 71% with WoZ at about 26% and since GBLE just started shipping it should be no more than 3% from those who just can't help themselves.

What a shame. You we working on pretty good logic, and then had to poop out numbers like that, and toss out insults to people that actually like GB.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

What a shame. You we working on pretty good logic, and then had to poop out numbers like that, and toss out insults to people that actually like GB.

GBLE is way too new to be on a poll like this against two well established pins... sorry you missed the point but that certainly doesn't surprise me.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GBLE is way too new to be on a poll like this against two well established pins... sorry you missed the point but that certainly doesn't surprise me.

You were the same guy who said MMr price would plummet.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Only because the original was where he was making money. Just like here, he will probably be saying it to flip an AC/DC.

And I agreed, AC/DC is the best of this bunch, but telling us all exactly where the numbers should land by percentage is just saying your own opinion is much more valuable than anyone else's. In the case of buying your own machines, of course it is. In an online pole? Nope.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Don't remember saying they would plummet but like always they will definitely come down and sell for less... much less. If I said plummet it was just to get under your skin which is so easy to do.

First they have to get them all built and delivered first. Its only been 3 years... or more. Forgot its been so long. We've already seen plenty come up for sale for less some finally selling for much less.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In an online pole? Nope.

Nope... its an online poll. Sorry.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Nope... its an online poll. Sorry.

Typical Trole. Typo means he wins. Great job.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-vs-ghost-busters-le-vs-woz-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.