(Topic ID: 14625)

AC/DC LE VIDEO REVIEW (MUST SEE & KNOW)!!!

By pinmike

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laughing.gif
    laughing.gif
    3ol3y2.jpg
    OH_NOoo_!!!!.jpg
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I just saw the AC/DC Full review and video on the PinballNinja Site,The Review is very well documented and really worth checking out.

Here's a Vid I thought I would share with you guys but the full review is only on the Pinballninja site.

#2 12 years ago

looks like a disappointing pin.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from twobobsworth:

That's what I was thinking and I can't believe they screwed up on the mini playfield window and it's tied directly to the playfield!!

#4 12 years ago

Those band members are a joke... As for the mini PF window this would get hazy as the game gets played more so I guess there is not much to be done there, but yes if it aint removable and it gets scratched or broken, wellll thats a problem.

#5 12 years ago

I played this version at Pinburgh and it's really fun. The lighting looks amazing and the sound is fantastic. Of course, no game in my book is worth what they are charging now for LE's.

#6 12 years ago

Wow - looks sweet. Can't wait to play it. Good quality video too - don't see the problem with murkiness on the min pf looked fine to me. Huge difference in 'toys' from the pro.

#7 12 years ago

I think people are worried about how it will look after 3,000 games.

Quoted from Bigpin:

don't see the problem with murkiness on the min pf looked fine to me.

#8 12 years ago

I too played the Premium version at Pinburgh and was pretty surprised. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Great flow, shots feel good, and yes, the lighting & sound is amazing. The most repeated comment I overheard all weekend was how much people liked hitting the bell shot. I advise anyone who has a chance to play it and judge it for themselves in-person.

#9 12 years ago

Yeah the bell shot is interactive and quite satisfying to hit.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

but yes if it aint removable and it gets scratched or broken, wellll thats a problem

After so many game plays and cleaning with Novus,Waxing it will need to be changed out sooner or later..

Quoted from Bigpin:

don't see the problem with murkiness on the min pf looked fine to me

Can't really see it to well on camara but if you look at it from the side view it's there.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think people are worried about how it will look after 3,000 games.
    Bigpin said:

don't see the problem with murkiness on the min pf looked fine to me.

That's what the Treasurecove or comparable polishing kit if for.

#12 12 years ago

The issue with the painted lockdown bars and side rails is a massive issue as well.... Hmm this game looks like it aint going to weather well at all..

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #14 12 years ago

Well, the lower playfield glass has to be a major concern. I kind of presumed it would be like CFTBL and be replaceable.

Bottom line is going to have to be very careful looking after this pin!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from twobobsworth:

Thanks, Debbie Downer.

#16 12 years ago

Its a killer pin. RGR loves crapping on this Title and SR for some reason.

Dont judge it until you see and play it.

#17 12 years ago

I asked SR personally # TPF about the Clear Plastic over the Lower p/f , asked if it would scratch up and tarnish like Plastic Ramp's, He said it was made from Industrial Lexan Plastic and to just Keep it Novus'd and Clean.. That's what he told me... SR and Gary Stern monitor Pinside , so they Will see this Thread..

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

In my Opinion , The Pinball Ninja guy's Just Took a Major Dump on the Pin.. I did appreciate the Over view of the cab and the inside , I'm Still wait-n to do that myself . And he made a point to make sure that if Yr not happy w/ Led's you want like this pin . I've played the Premium and I Liked it.. I also see that he is Advertising for Trent ,, I Hope Gary Stern and SR see this Vid--

I think it was a objective review. Like it or not Trent is the biggest seller in the USA. Sorry he did not advertise for your friends Cointaker. but getting upset that Trents name is there is silly. I know Chris and Melisa dont care. There main business is not selling Sterns games, Trents is.

In the end that window does suck. Might not now but in a few years its gonna suck that people cant change it out.

Think what you will but Clay/Pinball ninja is a very well respected dude....well before he took his guides down anyway.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I asked SR personally # TPF about the Clear Plastic over the Lower p/f , asked if it would scratch up and tarnish like Plastic Ramp's, He said it was made from Industrial Lexan Plastic and to just Keep it Novus'd and Clean.. That's what he told me... SR and Gary Stern monitor Pinside , so they Will see this Thread..

SR is gonna tell you whatever you want to hear to sell his game. He cant tell you how that piece is gonna hold up after 3,000 games. You almost seem upset about this video. I know you bought one. Who cares if SR and GS read this thread????
    I love reading your stories man i really do but you seem to take this ac/dc thing very serious for some reason...its not like you really at all.

If you like it then who cares really.

Happy flipping.

#19 12 years ago

The video and the review was just to show the features the game has and the issues that might arise with the game such as the mini playfield window etc.It was not a Love/Hate/bashing type of thing.
    You make your own decision about the game.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I love reading your stories man i really do but you seem to take this ac/dc thing very serious for some reason...its not like you really at all.

I do believe this is B_R's first NIB and that is why he is taking it seriously,I would too.Spending that kind of money also.

#21 12 years ago

Right but you cant get upset about other people opinions. Lot of us have played it. Lots of us have been around this hobby for 15+ years. That window will tarnish its a fact. Nothing that can be done now. Its like waxing a car only putting off the certain fact that in the end it will tarnish. You dont think WMS cftbl windows where industrial lexan?

You also cant be under the impression of Stern can do no harm mentality. The second you do is the second your reality crashes hard. I hope his Nib experience is BOSS. But don't ever think for a second GS or SR or anyone in the industry wont look you in the eye and lie right to your face to get a sale.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Right but you cant get upset about other people opinions. Lot of us have played it. Lots of us have been around this hobby for 15+ years. That window will tarnish its a fact. Nothing that can be done now. Its like waxing a car only putting off the certain fact that in the end it will tarnish. You dont think WMS cftbl windows where industrial lexan?

You also cant be under the impression of Stern can do no harm mentality. The second you do is the second your reality crashes hard. I hope his Nib experience is BOSS. But don't ever think for a second GS or SR or anyone in the industry wont look you in the eye and lie right to your face to get a sale.

Oh Yeah,I understand exactly what your saying and we all have different opinions

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

AkumaZeto said:I love reading your stories man i really do but you seem to take this ac/dc thing very serious for some reason...its not like you really at all.

I do believe this is B_R's first NIB and that is why he is taking it seriously,I would too.Spending that kind of money also.

That's rite ,, The Premium is my 1st NIB Pin.. In the video , He say's " Disclaimer " What does that mean ? Also , he's say's that this is a Pro-type , so I assume the Pin in the Video hasn't Had the Latest Software Up-date . I Just got off the phone w / Trent and told him about this video , Trent is a member here , If he Reply's to this thread ( that's up to him )

And No AkumaZeto , I wouldn't Even think of Do-n a video like this and Advertising CoinTaker , I have More Respect for them than that...

Quoted from NY2Colorado:

twobobsworth said:looks like a disappointing pin.
    Thanks, Debbie Downer.

I agree.........

#24 12 years ago

I've played it. Fast and fun, no doubt about it.
    '

If you like AC/DC, then the theme is right for you.

If you don't like them, then maybe WOZ is the game for you.
    '

I think the reviewer is missing the fact that the playfield clear coat is coated over the window. So the window will not get worn until the playfield clear coat is worn through. By the time that happens, it probably is time for a new playfield anyway. Keep your Novus ready folks!

#25 12 years ago

I dont know. It was a fair review, i dont see how there was any trashing of the pin.

No one ever praises Stern for what they do right by the way - no mention of the added metal plates to protect the decals. Thats cool. And he did point it out.

The red finish on the Prem. - yeah, yeah, same as the Tron LE chrome - that stuff is flimsy trust me i have one it tarnishes fast. Just expect to get it repainted, just the way it is.

The window - tell me how many CFTBL owners replaced their PF windows? Considering the AC DC is a better quality screen, i am not worried.

Still a fair overview and enjoyable, best view of the game yet, i cant wait for them to ship.

#26 12 years ago

Trent is an awesome guy and so is Clay. Clay and anyone else is allowed to say whatever they want about the game. I think his review was very fair, and if anyone knows pinball...it's Clay...period

Just like I can say that RFM sucks, even if you love it...

#27 12 years ago

Those metal plates are a very good idea to stop wrinkling......could be the way forward for all new decals?

#28 12 years ago

Sitting back thinking as i do. I also paint cars from time to time. What kind of adhesion problems is there going to be long term or even short term. Since they cleared right over the lexan. Was proper prep taken on the Lexan? (given Stern history prob not) where any flex agents added to clear (prob not) IS there any known chemical reaction or solvent pop issues between the brand clear and brand lexan? Stern is gonna say no. But as someone who knows better they have not checked any of these i am sure.

What about if the window ever sinks or raises there goes all the clear in that section.

Think of the window as one big giant insert well because it is. We all know pf's flex. Inserts shift during this. Is that going to cause the clear to crack around the window line? Say you lift up pf and they flex like a mutha during this and after the 100th time of the pf up it flexes just enough to cause lifting or cracking in clear? lots of people gonna be mad. Lots of what if's here....to get rid of any what ifs just go with a removable window thats not cleared into the pf.

These are things to worry about. What happens in 6 months when stern moves on to game X and solvent peel starts to happen on the lexan. How do we know the brand clear plus brand of lexan plus any if at all uv treating has caused issues. So please do be aware of those issues. Not everybody would think of these but because i paint cars and am familiar with chemical bonding and physical bonding issues.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Those metal plates are a very good idea to stop wrinkling......could be the way forward for all new decals?

yes sir they look like a solid well thought out solution to the decal issue. But as you see in video application is key to all.

Stern is doing allot fo things on the fly with this title like they did with TF. There is a shit load bigger buzz about ac/dc than TF. I hope for the end users like B_R and Stern that everything pulls together for the long haul.

#29 12 years ago

The decal Problem , Maybe the adhesive hasn't Cured/ Bonder 100% yet. AC/DC has been my Fav- Rock Band since i was Old enough to Know better.. I had to have this Pin , It's a Beauty & I Love Led's so It Should Stay for a While !! I Watched the video again , but click the You_Tube at the bottom , when the Present vid- End's , there's Alot of New Prem & LE Vid's Just added recently. I confess , I got some what
    Pissed after I watched the above vid- , but he's just Point-n out Thing's that you Should be aware of If anyone has 1 on order, Or to Express his feeling's if you are interested in Buy-n 1
    ( Don't , Who know's ) Mine is Ship-n out Next week , I will Examine mine in the Same fashion , and look under the p/f before I Power it on.. ,,,,,, B_R

#31 12 years ago

LOL,,,,,,, Trent had Him Kill it !!!!!! I knew it ... laughing.giflaughing.gif

#32 12 years ago

After watching the video the clear of the lexan is a major major major issue. So lets say stern did check there lexan. So pf gets cleared with lexan from company A and they use say PPG base to clear. all is well. Then they run out of PPG and go fuck we are mid run lets use Dupont clear. Is there gonna be a issue? you think Stern checks ? Ahh we run out of lexan from company A we need to get it from company B? Is it the same composite? well it react long term the same? Stern cant answer this why because they dont have a pf thats been cleared with this lexan sitting around for 6 months or a year.

The decal problem is becasue they rush them at the plant and use the wet method.

I wont go into further details. I am sure there is People here who also paint cars. There gonna be like WTF as well. I hope it all works out.

I am not trying to get you down just let you be AWARE of this right here and now. Sterns reaction is gonna be oh it will be fine. But who do you trust any and all Car painters who know about flex and plastics or stern with there first lexan clear game?

When you paint something like this or clear you need to make sure everything works and cures and will not chemically react with each other.

#33 12 years ago

"This video has been removed by the user."

3ol3y2.jpg3ol3y2.jpg

#34 12 years ago

Lol the game is fun. I dont think anyone doubted that. It goes right back to TF with how well is it built.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I actually thought of doing the same on my TFs but I don't have access to metal fab shop. I went to home depot to find something but couldn't. Glad Stern thought of the same thing.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

After watching the video the clear of the lexan is a major major major issue. So lets say stern did check there lexan. So pf gets cleared with lexan from company A and they use say PPG base to clear. all is well. Then they run out of PPG and go fuck we are mid run lets use Dupont clear. Is there gonna be a issue? you think Stern checks ? Ahh we run out of lexan from company A we need to get it from company B? Is it the same composite? well it react long term the same? Stern cant answer this why because they dont have a pf thats been cleared with this lexan sitting around for 6 months or a year.
    The decal problem is becasue they rush them at the plant and use the wet method.
    I wont go into further details. I am sure there is People her who also paint cars. There gonna be like WTF as well. I hope it all works out.
    I am not trying to get you down just let you be AWARE of this right here and now. Sterns reaction is gonna be oh it will be fine. But who do you trust any and all Car painters who know about flex and plastics or stern with there first lexan clear game?

You don't actually think that Stern is there when their "contractor" is making the PF's, do you? Stern would have no idea if the clear brand was subbed unless the contractor told them.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

AkumaZeto said:After watching the video the clear of the lexan is a major major major issue. So lets say stern did check there lexan. So pf gets cleared with lexan from company A and they use say PPG base to clear. all is well. Then they run out of PPG and go fuck we are mid run lets use Dupont clear. Is there gonna be a issue? you think Stern checks ? Ahh we run out of lexan from company A we need to get it from company B? Is it the same composite? well it react long term the same? Stern cant answer this why because they dont have a pf thats been cleared with this lexan sitting around for 6 months or a year.
    I wont go into further details. I am sure there is People her who also paint cars. There gonna be like WTF as well. I hope it all works out.
    You don't actually think that Stern is there when their "contractor" is making the PF's, do you? Stern would have no idea if the clear brand was subbed unless the contractor told them.

Thats the point 100% they are not. Churchill does there pf's. So even if by some chance they did research (doubtful) it would get thrown out the window. People can negate the issue all they want but just like a car job...it could look fine for 1 month 2 months 9 months 2 years and then BANG!!!!! shit falls off.

The point is it all could have been avoided. The fact that the lexan is glued in is not a issue. They could have masked it off and not cleared it! That way no chance of reaction adhesion issues. Also would have made it possible to change it out like a insert with heat.

I bet church hill told them. Hey we should mask this off or risk issue down the line. Its gonna add 2 bucks to each unit.......and we all know how that went.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

The review actually hit the nail on the head why I don't like this game. After playing the pro for a few hours I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it.
    It is because the pops, slings, etc. don't have sound effects when they go off. All you hears is the song over and over which gets really old.
    We'll see what happens after a few months and see what other peoples reactions are to this game.

Stern can boost the volume or add sounds in the software at any time.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

jackal2001 said:The review actually hit the nail on the head why I don't like this game. After playing the pro for a few hours I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it.
    It is because the pops, slings, etc. don't have sound effects when they go off. All you hears is the song over and over which gets really old.
    We'll see what happens after a few months and see what other peoples reactions are to this game.

As Newer Software updates are made , I Bet the sling's and pop's Will Eventually have Sound's..
    Just lOOk at the latest Up-date ,, Awesome changes.. This Is Only the start !!!!!!!!!!

One thing I've come to realize is that don't hope for changes to be made with code from Stern. 90% of the people wanted something different to be done with the sounds in TFs for the mini-pf. I even heard a rumor that you would be able to choose the sound you wanted in the software. That never happened. Also the hole in the cover for the mini-pf needed to be closed up. I plastic diverter should have been mounted to prevent the ball from getting hung up on the top then. I mentioned this to gomez, he said he would look into it, nothing happened.
    Basically the designer has final say, unless there is a major problem, on what to do. SR stated numerous times the focus is on the band and the music. I don't think it will change. I hope I am wrong.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Sitting back thinking as i do. I also paint cars from time to time. What kind of adhesion problems is there going to be long term or even short term. Since they cleared right over the lexan. Was proper prep taken on the Lexan? (given Stern history prob not) where any flex agents added to clear (prob not) IS there any known chemical reaction or solvent pop issues between the brand clear and brand lexan? Stern is gonna say no. But as someone who knows better they have not checked any of these i am sure.

Don't ever disrespect a man in front of his family, SR should have known better!

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Basically the designer has final say

Sure, as it should be.

Everybody is an armchair quarterback and thinks they know what a games needs.

Think way back when they did the new firmware for TZ. There were 1000s of suggestions, but the designer took the ones that he thought were important and wrote them in. Many people were disappointed, but most were glad that so many years latter, they got the fixes to their game.

#44 12 years ago

Let support pinball here. Is ACDC rock pin for every old guy pin collector? No. But it is hands down the greatest rock pin ever! GNR is second. Kiss third.

Premium has more upgrades then I expected! I love cab protectors, rails, LED flashers and old school lockdown bar. Full size manual. Biggest factory sub woofer ever installed. Not sure why Stern doesnt brag more about it. LED display= low power, bright. THEY HAVE RAISED THE BAR.

Music and background sound effects ... sound freakin absolutely amazing in person. Each of which is seperately adjustable and should be. Every target makes a different sound. Its really deep and echo like. Hard to explain.

Some preventive maintenance will go a long way on new pins. Sling shot Mylar on shooter lane day one. 1" Electrical tape in between lockdown bar and side rails. Use new high gloss ball. Replace regularly. Use a Novus, furniture polish or protectant on plastic ramps and playfield.

I look forward to BRs videos.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Let support pinball here. Is ACDC rock pin for every old guy pin collector? No. But it is hands down the greatest rock pin ever! GNR is second. Kiss third.
    Premium has more upgrades then I expected! I love cab protectors, rails, LED flashers and old school lockdown bar. Full size manual. Biggest factory sub woofer ever installed. Not sure why Stern doesnt brag more about it. LED display= low power, bright. THEY HAVE RAISED THE BAR.
    Music and background sound effects ... sound freakin absolutely amazing in person. Each of which is seperately adjustable and should be. Every target makes a different sound. Its really deep and echo like. Hard to explain.
    Some preventive maintenance will go a long way on new pins. Sling shot Mylar on shooter lane day one. 1" Electrical tape in between lockdown bar and side rails. Use new high gloss ball. Replace regularly. Use a Novus, furniture polish or protectant on plastic ramps and playfield.
    I look forward to BRs videos.

Led is not new and was used in 24 first. People hated it back then due to the segmented display.
    I think some folks are misunderstanding here. We all support pinball. However if you ac/dc guys get a product like TF guys did you will be upset no?

I love pinball i loved TF i had issues but water under the bridge. I love ac/dc i played it back in Jan. Loved it then. I dont think any of the noise is majorly about the GAME its about the build.

Durability is and should be a factor. If the game plays like a bat out of hell but the bottom of the cab falls out does it matter?

#46 12 years ago

The pops do have sounds. ALL targets have sounds. Adjustable in menu.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

They pops do have sounds. ALL targets have sounds.

Was that added in later on from a certain code release? Was it there from day one on the pro? If it was I didn't take notice to it.
    Doesn't really matter to me either way as I didn't care for the pin. Everyone has different likes/dislikes.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Av8 said:They pops do have sounds. ALL targets have sounds.
    Was that added in later on from a certain code release? Was it there from day one on the pro? If it was I didn't take notice to it.

it was there on .11 software i played.

#49 12 years ago

Man, the video is gone. Hope it gets put back up somewhere, curious to take a look at it now.

#50 12 years ago

Heres a real glass off HD ACDC gameplay video. Pops sound like .22 bullets going off. FF sound and shaker. 1.4 Update. ACDC Pro = Fast, fun Just one more game....

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-video-review-must-see?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.