ACDC LE versus Pro

By EEE

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Since there is no hell playfield on the Pro, is there any reason to choose songs that would put you on the lower playfield as would be the case on an LE?

Basically, is Highway to Hell, Hells Bells, or Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be even worth playing on a Pro model (aside from the fact that they are good songs to listen to)?

#2 10 years ago

Pro.............is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

<<is there any reason to choose songs that would put you on the lower playfield as would be the case on an LE?>>

Yes, tournament players score points on the lower playfield to build up a jackpot value without any fear of the ball draining. So they chose Highway to Hell and just stay there as long as they can. At least on the pro you have to hit shots with more risk. I personally find the lower pf fun, but feel the game has more to offer than just staying there and playing things safe.

#4 10 years ago

Hells Bells is still the most lucrative mode by far, even on the pro.

#5 10 years ago

AC/DC Pro really is an awesome game!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd agree but only on ball 2 or 3 when you have built up quite a few VIP passes. You can do well with 2 on ball one but if you really wanna cash in some huge points get into a multiball with 4 or 5 VUP's and you can really score big.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

Pro.............is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!

You must have dyslexia. The Pinsider is asking about score options .

#8 10 years ago

I've always wondered this myself.

#9 10 years ago

I'll probably get destroyed for saying this, but I prefer the Pro version over the LE, because I LOVE the sneering Angus face from the Highway to Hell album cover right there, looking at you from the center of the playfield. Plus, the extra $2,000 for the lower playfield, LED, and a few other upgrades aren't worth it to me.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Since there is no hell playfield on the Pro, is there any reason to choose songs that would put you on the lower playfield as would be the case on an LE?

Basically, is Highway to Hell, Hells Bells, or Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be even worth playing on a Pro model (aside from the fact that they are good songs to listen to)?

On a Pro, Highway to hell is widely regarded as the best scoring mode to start the game, as the left ramp is a relatively easy shot to get the game 'turned on', and Jam multiball is a fine scoring opportunity.

Hell's bells is a popular song to choose later in the game to stack up some playfield multiplier with "mode" points. Additionally, under most circumstances using a VIP pass in Hell's bells will give you a bell hit, extending playfield multiplier time.

I would say that amongst tournament types those songs are in the top four-or-so in play choices on a Pro. The right loop mode, on the other hand, I have never seen anyone choose on purpose.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Yes, for a couple of reasons. If you want to reach the wiz mode, you have to play all 12 songs. What many don't understand about this is that playing a song doesn't require you hit the shot assigned to that song to complete it. You can finish Hell's Bells without ever hitting the bell shot. Same goes for any song. Playing a song does not mean you have to shoot the assigned shot. It definitely increases scoring, but if you're going for Encore, that's where you'll get your points later.

Secondly, as mentioned above, Hell's Bells can be extremely lucrative. It's a high risk, high reward song. Because there isn't an actual bell there to slow down the ball, you can nail the bell shot over and over from either flipper without any slowdown in play. No need for VIP passes. I play Hell's Bells from start to finish a lot.

Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'll probably get destroyed for saying this, but I prefer the Pro version over the LE, because I LOVE the sneering Angus face from the Highway to Hell album cover right there, looking at you from the center of the playfield.

I like the premium and LE better overall, but sneer Angus is epic. Had my pro in a heavy metal music store for a few months and not a single metal head complained about Angus. Only the collector community shuns sneer Angus. I find this amusing. Nothing says rock and roll like sneer Angus. It's perfect.

Quoted from Excalabur:

On a Pro, Highway to hell is widely regarded as the best scoring mode to start the game, as the left ramp is a relatively easy shot to get the game 'turned on', and Jam multiball is a fine scoring opportunity.

Highway to Hell is the right ramp. Starting a game with H2H will give you the minimum song jackpot value. Better to build the song jackpot with another song before switching to H2H to maximize scoring potential.

#12 10 years ago

In general on AcDc is it best to build a song JP while avoiding the ramp/cannon or would it be better to miss the first shot intentionally to build the JP further if you do load the cannon too early? Or is it too risky to wait for the second chance on the cannon JP shot?

Also how do VIP pass work?

I am just starting to learn the rules.

#13 10 years ago

If the Song Jackpot is low for you...say 7-8 million, I would intentionally miss the target to build up the value.....so then you must spell fire (inlanes and outlanes) 3 times before you get another go at it. Typically when I start a multi-ball, I whale away at the bell during the ball save time to get the 2X or 3X multiplier going. It is a risk/reward feature that sets AC/DC so far apart from other games to me....I have drained a few times with song jackpot being over 60 million before playfield bonus.....keeps me coming back for more!

#14 10 years ago

The LE and the pro are only 2 different games to play The LE is very nice with mini playfield and 1 more ramp with his rules The pro is totaly fast game,sometimes I'm affraid to play with my pro because it's to fast
Note:don't wax the pro you'll regret

#15 10 years ago

Go premium, I've owned both and loved both, but the premium was my favorite. As many have stated, the pro is super fast, what a rush!!! But the premium is selling for cheap at $5600 HUO and the additional features just add so much to the game. Still have my premium and glad I traded up. In my opinion, ACDC premium is one of the greatest games of all time.

#16 10 years ago

Pro! Hell Mini-Playfield on the Premium is cool but breaks the flow of the game. While the Pro has a terrible pic of Angus in place of it it somehow increases the game's playability.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

The LE and the pro are only 2 different games to play The LE is very nice with mini playfield and 1 more ramp with his rules The pro is totaly fast game,sometimes I'm affraid to play with my pro because it's to fast
Note:don't wax the pro you'll regret

Go ahead and wax it! Go big or go home....well I guess you are playing it at home already. My buddies PRO is always waxed and ready to kick your ass.....after playing it so much, most games just don't have enough speed....so the back legs have been raised and playfields will be waxed often.

Can't go wrong with either version....it is an addicting game....IMO

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Go ahead and wax it! Go big or go home....well I guess you are playing it at home already. My buddies PRO is always waxed and ready to kick your ass.....after playing it so much, most games just don't have enough speed....so the back legs have been raised and playfields will be waxed often.
Can't go wrong with either version....it is an addicting game....IMO

Wow you seem to be good player.very happy for you

#19 10 years ago

I'm not very good, but playing fast on this game makes all others seem sloooow. sometimes the ball dead bounces off a flipper before I see it there....crazy fun though

#20 10 years ago

I am in minority in that I prefer the pro - just love the extra speed. Couldn't care about the lower p/f on the premium. But so far the artwork has stopped me from ever buying a pro.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am in minority in that I prefer the pro - just love the extra speed. Couldn't care about the lower p/f on the premium. But so far the artwork has stopped me from ever buying a pro.

Have you considered getting a pro and then adding Aurich's Helen translite and matching playfield decal?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Have you considered getting a pro and then adding Aurich's Helen translite and matching playfield decal?

Yep, that would be a good idea - may well do this.

1 week later
#23 9 years ago

Anyone put a shaker in the pro? Is it worth it? What does it do? Still choosing between premium and pro. I just don't care about the mini-playfield but I do like the RBG lighting on the premium. I can see why AV8 bought both!

3 months later
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Really? Has anything changed over the last few months (code updates)? Because (and I'm a brand new owner) I'm BY FAR getting my best scoring off "Thunderstruck" (218+ million). Not even close on any other songs.....yet.

Of course I have no idea what people are talking about when they say "VIP passes".....etc....

#25 9 years ago

Search some threads ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-versus-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.