taxidermy.jpg
IMG_0549[1].JPG
Excellent.jpg
sp-shooter-lane-wear.jpg
7Tron-eject-done.jpg
04adb4dc252ef1b6f52ea6811b6be56f.jpg
DSC00003.JPG
IMG_0543[1].JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have several Stern Pins most not NIB but Tron, Transformers and AC/DC are.

I was quite ticked off as I ordered some hard as nails and had not put it down yet. I had some protective vinyl down on the lane for a bit. I have yet to see a Stern game with a non wood shooter lane hold up, but this is ridiculous as it came up I'd say with less than 30 plays without protective covering.

I'm putting some Hard as Nails down to prevent further damage though I'm a bit shocked as I thought the LE's were going to have an extra clear coat.

Anyone have any opinions on if I'm just exaggerating this or if this is a real issue Stern should addres

IMG_0543[1].JPGIMG_0543[1].JPG

#11 11 years ago

Problem is you will never ever be able to take the mylar up without pulling the paint. This area just wears poor.

I don't think it looks like its been on location for 3 years though I do think its more wear than it should be and seems most common on games with white painted shooter lanes. If there wood it wears but the paint doesn't chip.

Well a shooter lane protector would certainly cover the issue and make me happy

Here's hoping cliffy will make one.

The ultimate solution is to put some clear coa or hard as nails down when you get a game as it will protect it and it will look much better than vinyl or mylar.

#21 11 years ago

That's the problem I think the ball will cause the initial chip and then cleaning it will take it up the whole chip. AC/DC and TF are the worst with these issues. I'm busy all morning touching mine up. I will take a picture when done.

I made mine worse as at first it was split with a chip. When I rubbed my finger over it more came up. At $6500.00 for a LE Stern should certainly take the time to put extra clear and the metal protector on the black piece for the shooter lane.

The quality of the wood, paint etc.., Stern is using is garbage. I ordered X-men LE and unless the quality on that one is any better then I will no longer buy any NIB games from Stern. I'd rather wait and buy a used one with a beat up shooter lane and other defects for 30% less or more. I think AC/DC will not hold as much value based on the crap paint and wood.

The other poster nailed it when they said you need to buy a separate PF and have it clear coated. This is probably the best investment as all other machines are going to be beat up and will put the machine with NOS clear coated PF will be had at a handsome premium.

#36 11 years ago

Okay we all know it wears great!. Why should I have to put mylar down that gets dirty and gritty. I had static cling sheets down. I took them up when I ordered the Hard as Nails. I had maybe 25 - 30 plays unprotected and it did that.

I look at my Bally,Williams, Data East games and there's little to no wear after 1000's of games. Even some of the older Sterns are okay and my Tron has little wear after 1000+ plays. I also put hard as nails down and will order a protector.

AC/DC and TFLE I look at and the wood is worn after little use. TFLE has less than 100 plays and has wear. Good news is its on the wood and does not have a painted lane.

So Cliffy I'll be PM'ng you with my games list and will help you any way as I need to get some protectors.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#37 11 years ago

Point is whatever wood Stern is currently using is garbage!!! Stern's pricing is going up and the quality is going down yet I continue to buy games. I just wish they would up the quality on the PF's just enough to make em last at least through 1000-2000 games as when games come out it takes a good 2 months before we get protectors

#39 11 years ago

If that is indeed the case then Stern should make the shooter lanes all wood like on Tron and TFLE as then there would not be the paint chipping problem the majority of us experience.

A clear coat would protect the paint quite a bit, though the wood would still dent. It would certainly be nice not to loose the paint as it seems painted shooter lanes chip a lot easier than the bare wood.

The paint must indeed pull wood with it where if its just wood it indents.

the easiest solution to this problem is to stop painting the shooter lanes!!

#60 11 years ago

My attempt to repair it. Still not close to perfect but better. When the wood comes off with the paint its damn near impossible to fix

// Error: Image 34330 not found // IMG_0549[1].JPGIMG_0549[1].JPG

#103 11 years ago

Hey

Put on my Cliffy and tried to fix the shooter lane. Also put in a steel protector for the wood side rail

Pic attached. Pin is now much better protected

IMG_0584[1].JPGIMG_0584[1].JPG

Play field is also getting some scratches and dimples from the cannon. So I put Vinyl down in front of the cannon. This game takes a serious beating and should have had an extra clear coat as it is not holding up as well as my year old Tron

#108 11 years ago

Yeh washer is under it. I need to change the washer out as I'm using a lock washer which is causing it to lean.

I'm not big on adding another hole if I do not have to. Very anal with my pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-shooter-lane-already-starting-to-wear-after-200-plays?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.