taxidermy.jpg
IMG_0549[1].JPG
Excellent.jpg
sp-shooter-lane-wear.jpg
7Tron-eject-done.jpg
04adb4dc252ef1b6f52ea6811b6be56f.jpg
DSC00003.JPG
IMG_0543[1].JPG
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I got a premium today and put some mylar on the lane before I played it.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

So i don't get the sigh comment from Cliffy.

No offense intended. Just sighing because, even as you say yourself, it won't last forever against the hammering of a steel ball. No biggie though. To each their own

#103 11 years ago

Hey

Put on my Cliffy and tried to fix the shooter lane. Also put in a steel protector for the wood side rail

Pic attached. Pin is now much better protected

IMG_0584[1].JPGIMG_0584[1].JPG

Play field is also getting some scratches and dimples from the cannon. So I put Vinyl down in front of the cannon. This game takes a serious beating and should have had an extra clear coat as it is not holding up as well as my year old Tron

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hey
Put on my Cliffy and tried to fix the shooter lane. Also put in a steel protector for the wood side rail
Pic attached. Pin is now much better protected

Play field is also getting some scratches and dimples from the cannon. So I put Vinyl down in front of the cannon. This game takes a serious beating and should have had an extra clear coat as it is not holding up as well as my year old Tron

looks like you got her leanin' a little

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

looks like you got her leanin' a little

I think he has the bubble level mounted on the edge of the shooter lane protector. That is going to make the bubble have an error. The bubble level needs to me mounted away from the protector a fraction so there is no overlap.

#106 11 years ago

I would put a washer the same thickness under the top screw to level it.

#107 11 years ago

Could just drill a new hole and rotate the bubble level. That's what I did with my IM when I installed the protector.

#108 11 years ago

Yeh washer is under it. I need to change the washer out as I'm using a lock washer which is causing it to lean.

I'm not big on adding another hole if I do not have to. Very anal with my pins.

#109 11 years ago

Cliffy arrived SUPER DOOPER FAST! Thanks Cliff!

2 months later
#110 11 years ago

Just wondering how the shooter lanes are holding up after some more use? also I noticed that the xmen playfields dimpled quite a bit- how are the ac/dc fields?

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I specifically mentioned that I had the exact same issue with my HUO SM (red).

ditto. lotr fine, CSI appears to be fine. SM shooter not so good. my 1979 Future Spa is fine too.

2 years later
#112 9 years ago

bumping a old thread......I ordered a new ac dc prem this week.... ordering the cliffy protector but wondering if you guys are seeing excessive wear on the shooter lane right after the protector.....thinking about mylar or hard as nails for that area before playing.....any feedback after you guys have played them for a year or so with a cliffy?

peace, B.

#113 9 years ago

I would use hard as nails or the "cling vinyl". The vinyl works great.

#114 9 years ago

This game has heavy traffic on the shooter lane as it's very multi-ball orientated.
You probably wouldn't notice any wear, but this is one of the games where Stern painted a design in there (the black and white paint) vs leaving the natural wood finish.
I have found that the cliffy side rail protector is enough to stop the balls from rattling around so that's all I've got on my pin and it seems fine.

#115 9 years ago

Would the metal ball hitting metal cliffy's damage the balls faster compared to wood which would soften the blow and absorb the impact?

I'm just curious if protecting a small wooden area with metal would cause your balls to wear at an increased pace and if not replaced more often could actually cause more damage to the overall playfield?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would use hard as nails or the "cling vinyl". The vinyl works great.

I put some Mylar on my Metallica Pro and would agree this is the easiest way to go. Good luck with the game!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I put some Mylar on my Metallica Pro and would agree this is the easiest way to go. Good luck with the game!

I actually think it's easier to use several coats of hard as nails down rather than trying to fit a piece of mylar in there, and it looks better to boot.

#119 9 years ago

My BIBLE had exactly the same chipping as the OP's after a couple of 100 games. Cliffys arrived today which should do the trick of protecting the painted bit. Might leave a bit of Mylar in the rest of the shooter lane.

2 weeks later
#120 9 years ago

do you guys paint the hard as nails edge to edge top to bottom the whole shooter lane? or just where you see the wood revealed? I assume you use painters tape on the edges...

how do you keep it form dribbling in the lane switch slots?????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-shooter-lane-already-starting-to-wear-after-200-plays/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.