(Topic ID: 21410)

ACDC LE: is Stern releasing game code this week?

By pinaholic

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I've been patient in he past(not by choice), but since it is out at Mugs Ale House in Brooklyn, I would love the game to be more complete code wise for people form opinions al quick in NYC. Maybe I should wait a year or two before I put a game out so people play the game when it is most fun to play. Only pinheads know the game has changed when an update comes out.
    Any word on the code?
    Allen ( I have addressed Gary personally about this, but he doesn't give a hit about operators or non-operators, maybe I need white glasses for him to listen, it's like a cone of silence )

#2 11 years ago

There aren't any dates...should be soon I hope I have a feeling this may be the week but its pure speculation for the most part It was said it will be done and was being worked on and that was 2 weeks ago.

#3 11 years ago

I'm just GUESSING, but it looks like Lyman was pulled off the AC/DC code for a while. From what I've read here, he is back on it and it's a priority.

The problem is this. We all want it soon, but we all don't want it to suck. The more time he spends with the code, the better it will be. Ideally, it would have been nice if he had worked on it exclusively for the last few months, but I'm positive that's not the case.

My GUESS is that we will see the next update enable all the features, and then the update after that take it to the next level.

On a side note, am I the only one REALLY wanting the magnet to be implemented more to stop the bell from swinging than to swing the bell?

#4 11 years ago

I love the swing!!!!!!

#5 11 years ago

I think certain times yes it should stop it so you can register a hit again

#6 11 years ago

Yah, some swing is a good thing. Holding the ball for 20 seconds waiting for the bell to stop so you can hit it again is annoying.

Or maybe the software just needs to do better detecting when the bell is hit. It's 100% when the bell is stopped and it's hit, but for me it doesn't register at all when it's swinging more than slightly.

Quoted from coasterguy:

I love the swing!!!!!!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

am I the only one REALLY wanting the magnet to be implemented more to stop the bell from swinging than to swing the bell?

The magnet already stops the bell.
    It can only stop it so fast, and pushing further will probly start blowing fuses/Xisters/coils.
    Without the magnet stopping the bell, it goes a realllly long time.
    And with the opto setup, it can only register a hit when stopped completely.
    I don't expect to see anything in these areas "fixed".
    -DNO-

#8 11 years ago

I can Ask.. Though I think some of you have better sources then I do when it comes to this kinda info from Stern

#9 11 years ago

I think fixing the major scoring issues on XMen is probably sterns biggest immediate code priority.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think fixing the major scoring issues on XMen is probably sterns biggest immediate code priority.

That doesn't take every programmer working for stern.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Yah, some swing is a good thing. Holding the ball for 20 seconds waiting for the bell to stop so you can hit it again is annoying.

100% agree. This is one of the reasons why the Pro is better to play.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seriously??? There are coding/ update issues with Xmen like after everyone blew up about the lack of code in ACDC??

#13 11 years ago

My thought was the game could possibly keep track of how often the optos are triggered. With the bell stopped, the opto is triggered, the bell was hit.

As the bell swings it re-triggers the optos consistant with the rate at which the bell is swinging.

The software could easily track how fast the bell is swinging by the interval of opto switch hits, and look for shorter intervals, or when the bell was hit again.

I wasn't aware the magnet is already stopping the bell. If it could stop it quicker, that would be great. It's a neat effect, however 2 or 3 swings is sufficient. If your right and the magnet is trying as hard as it can already, then maybe a software tweak will do. They should have put a switch in the lane in front of it.

Stopping and waiting for the bell seriously messes up the flow.

Quoted from DNO:

The magnet already stops the bell.
    It can only stop it so fast, and pushing further will probly start blowing fuses/Xisters/coils.
    Without the magnet stopping the bell, it goes a realllly long time.
    And with the opto setup, it can only register a hit when stopped completely.
    I don't expect to see anything in these areas "fixed".

Quoted from RGR:

100% agree. This is one of the reasons why the Pro is better to play.

I still think (hope) they can fix it with software, or make the magnet work a little harder to stop it sooner.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Stopping and waiting for the bell seriously messes up the flow.

The bell is not a flow shot. Shooting for it in the first place interrupts flow. It's not really a shot you should go for back to back unless in multiball because it is an uncontrolled shot. Just my opinion.

#15 11 years ago

There are a bunch of ways I like to play the game, but sometimes I like to activate 2x scoring right off the bat.

It's not a "flow" shot, but having a shot not accessible for 20 or so seconds kinda sucks.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The bell is not a flow shot. Shooting for it in the first place interrupts flow. It's not really a shot you should go for back to back unless in multiball because it is an uncontrolled shot. Just my opinion.

#16 11 years ago

I like it the way it is.

#17 11 years ago

Seems like sometimes its stops quicker than others..I am sure Lyman will do whats best. I am guessing certain times it may be beneficial to have it stop and others keep it swinging.

#18 11 years ago

Supposedly the magnet is powerful enough to get the bell to swing on it's own. If that's the case, I think it makes sense that it's powerful enough to stop it.

#19 11 years ago

The Top Secret word is Lyman started the work this week, you guys are going to flip when you find out what's he's added/adding!! It's more than the 3 items we've all been told!!

#20 11 years ago

If it is secret, how do you know?

#21 11 years ago

Sounds good, I think he will do it right!

#22 11 years ago

Awesome news if it is true. So how do you know this super secret?

#23 11 years ago

I don't know how Exejet know...but what I do know is. I looked at Exejets collection and I want to come and visit

#24 11 years ago

It's not a secret to me, only to you! How do I know? It's a small world. You guys are going to love the updates. Lyman didn't even open his own ACDC that's at his house tell just recently. The guy has been busy. Huggy Bear told me that's the word on the "Streets!".

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

The Top Secret word is Lyman started the work this week, you guys are going to flip when you find out what's he's added/adding!!

I hope what you are saying is true but I must admit that I am surprised that he only started on it this week...I assumed the code was being worked on since the last update 2 months ago.

#26 11 years ago

I have seen some of the new code and everyone will be happy. Lyman and Stern will release it when they are ready to release it. It will make a kick ass game super kick ass! just saying.

#27 11 years ago

I was told he was on it starting last week looking forward to the update

#28 11 years ago

are they updating the code for the PRO too?

#29 11 years ago

Lyman has been working on the code for about a month now. He didn't start just this week. There is some cool stuff in there.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Supposedly the magnet is powerful enough to get the bell to swing on it's own. If that's the case, I think it makes sense that it's powerful enough to stop it.

Right now all the magnet is used for is when a ball is missing in case it's stuck behind the bell. You can go into coil test & make the bell swing.

#31 11 years ago

I didn't think the magnet was used, but DNO said it is so I dunno. I just hate waiting for it to stop swinging I need action.

Quoted from Breadfan:

Right now all the magnet is used for is when a ball is missing in case it's stuck behind the bell. You can go into coil test & make the bell swing.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Lyman has been working on the code for about a month now. He didn't start just this week. There is some cool stuff in there.

That's what I'm talkin' bout.
    I am anxiously awaiting the release date for the new code

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

This makes me happy...!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

An incorrect rumor is Lyman started the work this week

fixed

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Exejet said:
    An incorrect rumor is Lyman started the work this week

fixed

lol so true

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

I have seen some of the new code and everyone will be happy. Lyman and Stern will release it when they are ready to release it. It will make a kick ass game super kick ass! just saying

Quoted from Exejet:

you guys are going to flip when you find out what's he's added/adding!!

I'm ready to flip!!!
    Is it ready yet??
    Sorry, take your time fellas, just got a bit excited thats all...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-is-stern-releasing-game-code-this-week and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.