Trollspray.jpg
images-1.jpeg
HOLY_Scips.gif
socket.JPG
SPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-LObandstand.jpg
Resize.jpg
64307_10150641076059244_821232144_n.jpg
SPI-ACDC-PremiumLEpf1-030112-039.JPG
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 12 years ago

Those flames are actually a magic eye poster, if you stare at it long enough, an Angus face pops out.

#102 12 years ago

Kinda looks like Iron Man's head is on fire..

#103 12 years ago

Wow! The LE's look WAY better than the pros. I can't wait to play one. It sounds like Stern is selling a sh*tload of these. Good for them. I have to admit, I was totally wrong. When I first heard they were doing AC/DC, I thought it was a bad license. I clearly underestimated how popular the group is worldwide. I'm really happy for Steve. What a comeback!

#105 12 years ago

Have I missed something as can't see the moving band??

#106 12 years ago

They just sent me an email and said they have updated the website to include the LE and Prem Models with a few more pics. I can't wait to try one

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/acdc-le-and-premium.aspx

#108 12 years ago

is this the part that has the moving band?

Resize.jpgResize.jpg

#109 12 years ago

I dont see moving band on the Features list.

#110 12 years ago

Steve Ritchie said that there was going to be an animated band. I thought it was going to be on the backglass.

#111 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I dont see moving band on the Features list.

They call it "Animated Band Member Display" (listed under additional features). The 'adult use only' version may have an "Animated Member Display"

#112 12 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

Gexchange said:I dont see moving band on the Features list.

They call it "Animated Band Member Display" (listed under additional features). The 'adult use only' version may have an "Animated Member Display"

Maybe animated using lighting?

#113 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow! The LE's look WAY better than the pros.

Quoted from gweempose:

I'm really happy for Steve. What a comeback!

I was thinking the same thing!

The playfields look awesome! It is going to be a great game. To bad the NIB for the LE is above my price point. Can you finance these games?

#114 12 years ago

They're on little springs like on Diner's backglass.

#115 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I don't think so. Steve specifically said that the drummers sticks would move and Angus does the duck walk across the stage.

#116 12 years ago

Gexchange said:Maybe animated using lighting?
I don't think so. Steve specifically said that the drummers sticks would move and Angus does the duck walk across the stage.

You are right Look Close at this pict.. you will see they move and thats not just a plastic

SPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-LObandstand.jpgSPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-LObandstand.jpg

#117 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

Gexchange said:

If you look at that picture, there are slots and screws on the band and the drummer sticks, I think its going to look like puppets dancing on sticks.

#118 12 years ago

look closer. there's little slots behind the members for some kind of movement

*oops* I type too slow

#119 12 years ago

You can see the slots where the band members will be able to move .

What a KICK ASS game ! Thanks Steve Ritchie !!

Jim

#120 12 years ago

Neat, they ripped off Congo this time - we should have known from the normal version, when there was all that space in the middle with no inserts! First mini PF under the main PF in 17 years I reckon?

Looking forward to it... since the local arcade operator just notified the area pinball mailing list that we're getting an NIB AC/DC Premium on location (at Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA)!

#121 12 years ago

I have a special power socket that I will plug my AC/DC into .. NSFW

Jim

#122 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have a special power socket that I will plug my AC/DC into ..

#123 12 years ago

Looks like these are going to be some bad ass pins!!!

#124 12 years ago

It will be good to see/play all versions. Only a month or so to wait.

#125 12 years ago

I gotta admit, SR took a shity theme and made something special out of it. Almost makes me want to sell a couple pins to get one. Kudos Steve!

#127 12 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I gotta admit, SR took a shity theme

Nothing shitty about it !!

Jim

#128 12 years ago

Sorry ..

Jim

#129 12 years ago

OK now this game looks fun! And I played the Pro and it was fun too. I never even noticed the Angus face when playing it. Now the face is gone, but is it? It still looks like a face with those inserts...a Balrog face

#130 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Eskaybee said:I gotta admit, SR took a shity theme
Nothing shitty about it !!
Jim

Not anymore =p

#131 12 years ago

Not sure if what (if any) of these are new, but here they are:

http://imgur.com/a/jGj0p

#132 12 years ago

It looks really good, especially with the fiery face and toys. Hopefully the gameplay is great for Stern's sake.
Also, Stern needs to make the jump to LCD with their next pin.

#133 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, Stern needs to make the jump to LCD with their next pin.

100% agree. I'll be disappointing if the next pin they release is a DMD. After seeing what WOZ has going on the LCD, I'm convinced this is the next evolution in pinball. Get on board or get run over.

#134 12 years ago

Finally some pics and they do not disappoint! This is shaping up to be one fantastic pin (all 4 versions)...! I can't wait to rock this pin!

#135 12 years ago

Ohh MAN ,, I'm Feeling Alot Better after seeing the Actual Pict's ,, The Prem- & LE's are Awesome.. The Pro is Killer too.. Listening to some of the BAD Stern Critic's here can Really Depress ya..
( You Know who Ya Are ) I Want my Premium PRONTO .. Thanxx for the New Pict's Guy's..
But I don't Understand WHY Stern want's to do Export's 1st.. WHY ???? What's it Gonna be Mid April or May before i get My Premium...... HOLY_Scips.gifHOLY_Scips.gif

#136 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

But I don't Understand WHY Stern want's to do Export's 1st.. WHY ???? What's it Gonna be Mid April or May before i get My Premium......

I think it's just to ensure everyone gets their games at roughly the same time.. it takes significantly more time to get the games overseas, so they'll want to get those in the crates first (I'm assuming).

#137 12 years ago

This looks incredible. The face killed it for me. Now with the Congo style mini PF, the AC/DC music, the limited run. This could be in the house by April something. It looks and sounds like a great SR pin. My skepticism was only due to my aversion to music themed pins in general. But with all this, just wow.

#138 12 years ago

It looks like the bell on this version will swing, increasing the difficulty of hitting it again right after hitting it if you're bashing away at it. This really looks good to me.

#139 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

But I don't Understand WHY Stern want's to do Export's 1st.. WHY ???? What's it Gonna be Mid April or May before i get My Premium......

Attachments HOLY_Scips.gif (19.3 KB, 0 downloads) 4 hours old

I think Stern normally does exports first, but especially this one sales have done really well in Australia (site and especially home sales) given it's a Aussie band and alot of the guys now in there 40's grew up with AC/DC down at the local pub years back.

Only guessing but maybe us Aussies a little more cashed up and at least it's helping the pinball market stay healthy. Here in Aus (AMD) Pro's are selling for $5950, Premium's for $8300 and LE's for $9250 - we get slugged for the freight and duty - to be expected.

http://www.amdcoinop.com/

#140 12 years ago

Did they get their inspiration for the moving band from EMs created 40-50 years ago??? Sorry for the hate but this looks shocking. Too cheap and tacky imo..

Actually now I know why they changed the mini playfield not to have Angus's head in there. They got their inspiration from Castaway!!!!!

WIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#141 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Did they get their inspiration for the moving band from EMs created 40-50 years ago??? Sorry for the hate but this looks shocking. Too cheap and tacky imo..

Looks great !

Steve says this:
An Animated Bandstand with all band members rocking and swaying back and forth, the
drummer raises and lowers his drumsticks, and Angus' leg kicks out like he is doing the duck
walk. It's like a 4-inch tall by 10-inch long Swiss music box mechanism, and makes people
smile! It's just cool! It always rocks in time with the music.

#142 12 years ago

Kinda looks like Iron Man's head is on fire..

It kinda does! (Albeit, the classic comic book version though...)

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg
I sure hope that new LE "Fire" button lights up, that would be cool.

#143 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Sorry for the hate but this looks shocking. Too cheap and tacky imo.

No you're not.

I'm not saying it looks cheap and tacky, but you do know this is a pinball machine built for a ROCK and ROLL band that got its popularity durning the 70's and 80's? If you weren't around durning those years go watch some music videos from the 80's and you will see that cheap and tacky defined that era.

#144 12 years ago

They should have made the inserts orange so they blended better.

#145 12 years ago

Hmmm if it was built for the band during the 70s and the 80s then you would have had Bon Scott in there as well

#146 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm if it was built for the band during the 70s and the 80s then you would have had Bon Scott in there as well

or if Bon didn't die... then he would be in there as well! but sadly he did, some time ago. So maybe it's time to move on, like the band and everyone else did decades ago.

#147 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

It's a safe bet that those inserts can change to any color with the LED lighting system.

-Craig

#148 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Quote from the press release....

We also have 16 multicolor LEDs under clear inserts in key positions! This means that when the three lane change lights above the 3 lanes are green, the lanes light a lock! When they are
amber, they can light Extra Ball! When they are purple, completing them can award an instant
multiball! Shots can be many things, and the colors will lead you through what you need to do!
We are very excited about this.

#149 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

RGR said:Hmmm if it was built for the band during the 70s and the 80s then you would have had Bon Scott in there as well
or if Bon didn't die... then he would be in there as well! but sadly he did, some time ago. So maybe it's time to move on, like the band and everyone else did decades ago.

Lol I agree, thats the point I was making about the band members in the playfield

#150 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

SealClubber said:They should have made the inserts orange so they blended better.
Quote from the press release....
We also have 16 multicolor LEDs under clear inserts in key positions! This means that when the three lane change lights above the 3 lanes are green, the lanes light a lock! When they are
amber, they can light Extra Ball! When they are purple, completing them can award an instant
multiball! Shots can be many things, and the colors will lead you through what you need to do!
We are very excited about this.

Yeah this is cool I must admit... Will make it easy to play the game and figure out whats going on...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-and-prem/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.