• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180120_150839130 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just took delivery of a beautiful AC/DC premium today. I kept hearing a coil fire and at first thought it was the detonator for the TNT, I believe it moves? Anyways pretty sure that's not it and think it's the jukebox kickout firing. When the ball is in the shooter lane it will select a song for you and start the ball save timer as if a ball were launched.

I just kind of narrowed it down to it possibly being the jukebox kickout, but haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet; will pull the glass tomorrow. I'm not even sure what type of switch it is. Anything to start looking at first? Is this is a micro-switch or a leaf-type switch or anything else I should look at first?

Also to note it seems like Album Multiball is started really easy with minimal effort, not sure if this is related to what I am experiencing with the jukebox kickout, but seems like you don't have to do much of anything and Album multiball is lit.

#3 6 years ago

ok, thanks I'll check that out, but why am I getting some a solenoid firing, maybe one of the drop target banks trying to reset?

#5 6 years ago

No, it's not a constant firing it's random. I will check what Pinside Troll mentioned to check and pull the glass like you mentioned and see if I can figure it out that way and then look over the connections.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

3 sets of drop targets starts album multiball. you probably have a locked on switch. go into diagnostics and switch edge test. with all targets being reset and up, you should only see trough switches, ball in lower playfield, and cannon home activated i believe.

I went into active switches, the ones it shows being active are the 4 trough switches, left playfield kicker opto- this one seems strange to me and not sure what or where it is, cannon home, left flipper eos, right flipper eos, and cannon home. What about the left playfield kicker opto could that be it?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Is it the band moving in the back upper right? A coil fires when they move and it is random. It threw me off when I first played a premium.

I don't think so because it starts the ball save like the ball was launched and I wouldn't think the band members moving would do that.

#9 6 years ago

I pulled the glass, started a game, it's the reset on the tnt bank that is the culprit. I guess everytime it fires that coil it counts towards album multiball and that's why album multiball starts easily? Going to lift the pf and see if I can figure out why it is doing this.

#10 6 years ago

I took a good look at the TNT targets and it's a pretty simple mechanism with a board on the back. I didn't see anything wrong. I was going to clean the optos, but they are too narrow to get a q-tip in so I left them alone. When I went to pull the connector off the board the left side put up a fight and didn't want to come off easily, but I got it off. I noticed some of the pins, mainly on the left side looked kind of deformed, see pic. I took a mirror and looked at the backside of the pins and they look normal. I took a small screwdriver and pushed all of the wires firmly into the IDC connector, even though none appeared to be out on the visual inspection. Put a few test games on it and it's not doing on it now. I'll put a few real play games on it and report back if it does it again.

IMG_20180120_150839130 (resized).jpgIMG_20180120_150839130 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

i think the l kicker opto is lower playfield since there is a ball in there. that connector could have been it. bad connection and with vibrations it could have been triggering the opto making the tnt targets to think they got hit and they dropped. so thats why you got album multiball so easy, 3 sets of targets lights it. glad its working

ahhhh, I didn't even think about the lower playfield, but that makes sense. yeah I guess it had to have been that connector even though everything looked ok on it. It still seems weird the way those pins looked, the light in the picture reflecting off the pins didn't show very well what I was talking about. Yeah I came to the same conclusion that every time it tried to reset the tnt targets it counted as a bank of targets towards album multiball. My girlfriend and I played about 5 games on it yesterday and everything seems fine, fingers crossed it's fixed and I don't have any more problems with it.

I really appreciate the help and responses from you and Woody 76, he actually sold me the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-jukebox-kickout-switch-problem?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.