Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 464 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
    acdc.jpg
    acdc_pinball_033.JPG
    acdc_pinball_023.JPG
    acdc_pinball_019.JPG
    acdc_pinball_010.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg
    phonepics143.jpg
    daa0b6daa92e20cb00c2f9449cb6be61.jpg
    IMG_0808small.jpg
    photo.JPG
    2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 11 years ago

I agree its a great pin. I don't agree that the music is the only thing that makes it any good. When you're on fire and start hitting combos it's very satisfying, and all the features arent coded in yet so If the code gets finished this will be a top 10 game imo. I also don't think the cannon gets in the way of the outlane. When you nudge a machine it has to be done in anticipation of where you think the ball will go, as a matter of fact if it wasn't for the left outlane I wouldn't drain that much from the outlanes. The left outlane is brutal because of the cannon.

I would also love to see them code hitting the tnt targets with the cannon and I would love for them to add dirty deeds and big balls into the game, dirty deeds is my favorite acdc song and its a shame its not in the game.

I originally hated the animated band but now its grown on me and I look forward to it going off now. I also think the swinging bell shot is one of the coolest features in pinball, its crazy when you hit it how fast it will come back at you.

I do think if you're not a fan of the band it will take quite a bit more play before you fall in love with the game. It's also very hard so get used to draining from the cannon and practice the hell out of nudging because it's needed for success. One of the settings I changed was turned insults to high and had it give an extra ball at the replay score. Its factory otherwise.

#68 11 years ago

I think he's referring to a ball save feature just for the cannon shot. I'm not sure I would want that feature, if Lyman didn't want it coded in than I wouldnt want it. I think it's one of those things if played enough you could nudge to get out of trouble from the cannon.

I'd like to see a mod of the lightning bolts instead of the lights behind, make the lightning bolts led lights. I'm sure someone could fabricate them.

#130 11 years ago

Sweet quads honda

#134 11 years ago

I don't think 20 games on a new machine is enough time to make a decision on if a game is good or not. It takes quite a bit longer just to figure out all the rules. Now that being said I do love acdc, have LTBR #185 and though I do think it's great I'm not ready to crown it till the ruleset is complete. I really don't think some people on this site give proper ratings for games because of hate or love of certain manufacturers. And there seem to be people who say a game is boring or great after only 20-30 plays, that's like playing a video game for one level and saying it sucks.

I don't have a bias toward my games since I'm not selling them and see no reason to pump them up since I bought them because I wanted them. I have no need to try to get others to buy games I own. I think this website could be great if everyone gave nonbiased and fair ratings of pins they have played, but as it stands I don't think that's possible.

#207 11 years ago

Damn good score Jim, I'm still trying to figure out the best scoring strategy. $75 mil, man I suck

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-is-phenominal?tu=kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.