Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 464 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
    acdc.jpg
    acdc_pinball_033.JPG
    acdc_pinball_023.JPG
    acdc_pinball_019.JPG
    acdc_pinball_010.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg
    phonepics143.jpg
    daa0b6daa92e20cb00c2f9449cb6be61.jpg
    IMG_0808small.jpg
    photo.JPG
    2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coasterguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago

I'm not a fan but wanted one just as soon as I played it. I do like some of their songs. I do not own any of their music. My ac dc should be here this week.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks Doc..... Now I'm more bummed mine did not arrive yet!

#44 11 years ago

Big Balls would have been an EXCELLENT and funny as heck wizard mode! Maybe a captive ball that was triple the size or something.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone who is paid well to immaculately restore old "A" listers has lots to gain by talking up new games/ possibly influeincing older games to drop in price and hence create more restoration business.

IMO older games are not going to drop in price at all. If anything they will keep going up.

#162 11 years ago

I have only played AC/DC LE a few times and am still waiting for mine to arrive. I would say everything these current OWNERS who ACTUALLY played it many times is correct. It just sucks you right in like no other game. I was never even remotely excited that Stern was making this title as I and many other friends thought AC/DC were just irrelevant at this point. I was wrong. It is as good as they say it is. I believe it is the best Stern to date as far as the whole package goes. I have X on order too but, it will take a pretty amazing game to say I like that better. I have a feeling I will like that differently though. It looks awesome too.
    Thanks to the OWNERS for voicing their reviews of this game.

#179 11 years ago

I just heard mine may be here tomorrow

#287 11 years ago

My LE is here in my garage with no help to get into the house

#289 11 years ago

Get over here GAP!!!!!! I'll by gas

#293 11 years ago

The truck came today. AC/DC sits cracked open so I could see a bit. I have Ms. Luna watching them in the garage.

Post edited by coasterguy photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#328 11 years ago

I can chime in now that I have had my LE for a week. I have said it many times before about new games that arrive in my home. But, now with AC/DC I have to agree with you on this thread that agree it is phenomenal. It is indeed. I can't say enough good about this game. It has so many little hidden gems in it. Again, I am not an avid AC/DC fan. This game is simply awesome to play. The music gets you going. the light show is off the charts. The led's are done so well I want NOTHING to change about the lighting. It's spectacular. The modes are fun. The dmd is great. I love how during album multiball the album art streams down the dmd. That is very cool. I can't imagine this being better though I hear with the next big update the code is going to be off the charts. I have had MANY MANY games in and out of here in less than two years and this is by far the most addicting. I cannot get enough of it and it does not get old. At least yet I'll admit. I thought the mini pf was going to be dumb and it is actually very challenging and a ton of fun. I also like how each song makes a different part of the playfield rack up more points. I am not too quick at learning the rules like some of you but I am having a blast and I absolutely agree with you all. To date, as far as the WHOLE package goes I believe it is the best game I have played. I am talking total package. MM is still there for humor and fun. TZ for rules and things to do. AFM is awesome for its own reasons. But their is something very special about AC/DC. I am also the one who in the past said "WHY AC/DC Stern?" That stinks..... I was wrong. It just makes for excellent pinball. EXCELLENT!

#330 11 years ago

Props to pupo but ac/dc deserves a powered external sub $89
    It is tremendous on this pin.

#333 11 years ago

True depending on how the external woofer is set. Lowest on the filter and mid volume at most for my preference. Sounds clean and tight. Like a real bass drum.

#335 11 years ago

I will be very interested to see what pupo comes up with though.

#355 11 years ago

I don't think the factory sub will ever "boom" it just doesn't get enough power.

#364 11 years ago

I am still amazed at AC/DC. Like Jim had mentioned it just draws you back for more. I never want to shut it off. I left it on all factory settings and I keep wanting to better myself. I look foward to having people here over the fourth. It should be quite fun. An amazing game unlike any other. Sights, sounds, music and action set it apart. I have also really learned to appreciate the other songs I did not know much of. Excellent!

#367 11 years ago

Trust me when I say I was never hoping for this title to be amazing. I can clearly believe DocScott now when he talks of his party where everyone leaned toward AC/DC more than the A-title classics he owns. I can't imagine AC/DC not stealing the show in a room full of pins. Even MM and AFM. I have no remorse at all for trading off my MM since I have limited space and budget.

#371 11 years ago

I was playing non stop tonight until this storm just took many trees in my neighborhood and electricity!!!!!

#422 11 years ago

Just had my best game to date. 57,000,000. All factory settings. I am not a great player like many of you. I have some guests in town for the 4th. One of them is very familiar with pins since the 80's but never was a collector. He has played all of my pins that have been in and out of this house in the past couple years. I came home from work today and he says to me "Don't EVER, EVER trade that one" pointing to AC/DC. He was here most of the day today and was able to play it a ton. He said he never played a pin like that or any other game for that matter that was so addicting. He believes it is the best pin he has ever played in his life. It keeps blowing me away too. The more I learn about the rules and modes the more I just love it. TNT mode is very cool!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coasterguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-is-phenominal?tu=coasterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.