Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 464 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
    acdc.jpg
    acdc_pinball_033.JPG
    acdc_pinball_023.JPG
    acdc_pinball_019.JPG
    acdc_pinball_010.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg
    phonepics143.jpg
    daa0b6daa92e20cb00c2f9449cb6be61.jpg
    IMG_0808small.jpg
    photo.JPG
    2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 11 years ago

It makes my SM seem slow. Its the very opposite of LOTR. Really dang fast..really fast!

#402 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

It makes my SM seem slow. Its the very opposite of LOTR. Really dang fast..really fast!

I love SM...do you like it as much...

#403 11 years ago

The perfect game. But AC/DC is much more fun to me. But full disclosure I own HS and HSII and play them side by side as well.

#404 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I love SM...do you like it as much...

Not yet. The ACDC software is really starting to bore me. ACDC has a chance to be better but we'll have to wait and see where the updates take it.

#406 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Not yet. The ACDC software is really starting to bore me. ACDC has a chance to be better but we'll have to wait and see where the updates take it.

When is the next update going to be out?......2.6 on SM made a big difference..

#407 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is how I feel. I can't get enough of Tron and have XMen on order...but really want to play AC/DC . . . by all accounts it sounds like a top game. If it is as good as Tron I would pick up a premium sometime, but I'd want to play it first.

Well come on up!

You're the man getting x-men. When is pinball day?

#408 11 years ago

oops double post

#409 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I'm just 45 min down the road. You are welcome to come play.

I may take you up on that offer next time I head to Beamount. It is a shame you no longer have your D&D!!!

#410 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Well come on up!

You're the man getting x-men. When is pinball day?

Actually, I've been promissing the wife a trip to ya'lls race track (I personally think that is the nicest one in our state and have some buddies that race up there) . . . I am waiting to have it coincide with the next pinball party at your place!

Yea, as soon as my game room is built I will be hosting away . . . I will be ArkLaTex's southern most party location.

#411 11 years ago

Dont play ACDC if you want to keep you money in your bank acc. Noticing more interest in this pin.

2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg

#412 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I may take you up on that offer next time I head to Beamount. It is a shame you no longer have your D&D!!!

The Dungeons and Dragons was a nightmare.
    Got it from the back of a vendors warehouse.
    The head had water damage. However it powered up and played.
    I decided to take it to the Dallas auction back when it was at Big Town Mall. (Ah, the good old days).
    It was the only time I rented a U-haul instead of a full sized truck. The ride over was not smooth on the trailer and when i raised up the gate, there was glass everywhere. The Dungeons and Dragons backglass had shattered. Luckily it was a translite pin, so a little duct tape later, the pin sold for around $500. That was a crazy trip.

#413 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

The Dungeons and Dragons was a nightmare.

Man, that does sound like an interesting experience. Sounds like you got a reasonable price for it even with the water damage and duct tape though!

#414 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

When is the next update going to be out?......2.6 on SM made a big difference..

Wish I knew. SM2.6 polished that game up nicely, but I was never one that thought the early SM code was all that bad. The basics were there to build on. I feel differently about ACDC as the current code has zero for us progression fans. It's all about scoring and multipliers. SM was never like that - even in the beginning.

High scores are fun and all, but I can have a more satisfying game on BSD if I'm just trying to exploit multipliers.

I'm not hating on ACDC, just bored with it right now. I've had LTBR since March, so perhaps more time on it than some.

#415 11 years ago

Got my first Super JP today. Got it on Jam MB. Wasn't a spectacular game, otherwise. Still loving the challenge. I am eager for the color changing inserts to come into play. I keep getting 2x multiplied shots from super lanes, but you can't really tell what is multiplied. I'm hoping the music notes will change color to indicate a mulitplied shot or something.

#416 11 years ago

Its here...now just need to get it setup. Waiting for help

#417 11 years ago

Damn, for a brief second I thought you were referring to the update.

Quoted from Mando:

Its here...now just need to get it setup. Waiting for help

#418 11 years ago

haha sorry man no such luck. I am guessing it may be a little longer for that if they are truly adding a lot. Anyone in South Florida want to unbox it..waiting for my buddy

#419 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Damn, for a brief second I thought you were referring to the update.

Same here.
    Glad he got his machine though.

#420 11 years ago

Rockin and Rollin yet???

#421 11 years ago

My code level is 2.0 is that the new one??

Just kidding guys :p came with 1.52 built on 6/14 so far so good

#422 11 years ago

Just had my best game to date. 57,000,000. All factory settings. I am not a great player like many of you. I have some guests in town for the 4th. One of them is very familiar with pins since the 80's but never was a collector. He has played all of my pins that have been in and out of this house in the past couple years. I came home from work today and he says to me "Don't EVER, EVER trade that one" pointing to AC/DC. He was here most of the day today and was able to play it a ton. He said he never played a pin like that or any other game for that matter that was so addicting. He believes it is the best pin he has ever played in his life. It keeps blowing me away too. The more I learn about the rules and modes the more I just love it. TNT mode is very cool!

#423 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Just had my best game to date. 57,000,000. All factory settings. I am not a great player like many of you. I have some guests in town for the 4th. One of them is very familiar with pins since the 80's but never was a collector. He has played all of my pins that have been in and out of this house in the past couple years. I came home from work today and he says to me "Don't EVER, EVER trade that one" pointing to AC/DC. He was here most of the day today and was able to play it a ton. He said he never played a pin like that or any other game for that matter that was so addicting. He believes it is the best pin he has ever played in his life. It keeps blowing me away too. The more I learn about the rules and modes the more I just love it. TNT mode is very cool!

That is good to hear.
    Same story over here. I have yet to have someone say it is not one of the best they have played.
    Usually when people test my pins they just play a game and that's it. With this one they immediately hit the start button again.....And then again, and again, and so on.
    Lots of fun to watch.

#424 11 years ago

It's pinball crack mixed with old school rock and a shot of adrenaline. Like I have been saying for months.

I say try both versions. I have been playing my Pro more then my Premium lately. The shots seem easier.

#425 11 years ago

So, does the ACDC ranking reflect the nature of this pin?

#426 11 years ago

For me personally, rankings mean little to nothing. I hate TZ, but I can appreciate it as a good game, I just hate it.

Also, when the update is released, the quality of this game is going to skyrocket in an instant. Ratings won't be able to reflect the new code very quickly.I just hope that nobody quotes me 3 years from now because the update never came out

I was hoping today....

Quoted from docscott:

So, does the ACDC ranking reflect the nature of this pin?

#427 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

For me personally, rankings mean little to nothing. I hate TZ, but I can appreciate it as a good game, I just hate it.
    Also, when the update is released, the quality of this game is going to skyrocket in an instant. Ratings won't be able to reflect the new code very quickly.I just hope that nobody quotes me 3 years from now because the update never came out
    I was hoping today....

haha yea man lets see this magical update I hope they dont let us down.

#428 11 years ago

Question for you guys, when should the trains LED light up? I only seem to see it when I choose the mode then it turns off.

#429 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Question for you guys, when should the trains LED light up? I only seem to see it when I choose the mode then it turns off.

Yep same for me only when selected and during attract mode NOT during game weird hey?

Peter

#430 11 years ago

Its nulled right now in the code.

#431 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

haha yea man lets see this magical update I hope they dont let us down.

Dude, chill on the update, it will happen. Enjoy your pin, you have a lot of explore before you even need to worry about new code.

#432 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

. The shots seem easier.

Not exactly what I want in a pin.. I like my pins fast and tough. Would you say "easier" or smoother? Isn't the angle and diameter of the shots pretty much exactly the same? I don't see how the lower playfield would change much, so please explain.

#433 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yep same for me only when selected and during attract mode NOT during game weird hey?
    Peter

Quoted from Cobray:

Dude, chill on the update, it will happen. Enjoy your pin, you have a lot of explore before you even need to worry about new code.

Hey man I want my train to light up!! :p

Maybe for my bday it's Friday the 13th!

#434 11 years ago

The gameplay is different on Pro and Premium. Hard to explain. But Pro ramps are easier and smoother partly because there are no metal ramp protectors.

The bell 2X and 3X scoring is easier also. Because its a target that you can hit back to back immediately. Premium has the swinging bell that you have to wait for.

#435 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Hi Cobray, you only rate this game a five point something so how come you are more interested in talking about it than playing it?

Quoted from Cobray:Not exactly what I want in a pin.. I like my pins fast and tough.

This pin IS fast and tough isn't it???

#436 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Also, when the update is released, the quality of this game is going to skyrocket in an instant. Ratings won't be able to reflect the new code very quickly.
    I was hoping today....

I am holding off rating the game until I get the new update also. I think the game is very good and has potential but without some things that I'm hoping are in the update, I'll not be able to rate it as high as some of the other A-listers. If they are fixed, I will. (That's just my opinion).

#437 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

This pin IS fast and tough isn't it???

Completely taken out of context. You must be a liberal. Go back and read where I posted that.

#438 11 years ago

Classy.

Quoted from Cobray:

Completely taken out of context. You must be a liberal. Go back and read where I posted that.

#439 11 years ago

I ordered a AC/DC Premium yesterday. It will be my first NIB pin, so I am very excited about it.

Should be here sometime next week.

#440 11 years ago

I ordered a AC/DC Premium yesterday. It will be my first NIB pin, so I am very excited about it.

You will really enjoy it. NIB is a great experience. Should you decide to add it, shaker install is a breeze with the pre-drilled cabinet. My 5 yr old did mine.

IMG_2395.JPGIMG_2395.JPG IMG_2398.JPGIMG_2398.JPG IMG_2399.JPGIMG_2399.JPG IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2402.JPG

#441 11 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Congralations.
    There is nothing like unpacking a NIB pinball.
    This machine is awesome and very addicting.

#442 11 years ago

Thanks every one. I couldnt hardly sleep last night thinking about it. Its going to be nice to get a pinball thats free on any flaws and that I can just plug and play instead of spending a grand or so and endless hours rebuilding one. (not that I dont enjoy it, its a hobby!)

I am thinking about adding the shacker motor to it. I never done that before but by looking at the pictures, it looks pretty easy. Thanks for the pics!

#443 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Should you decide to add it, shaker install is a breeze with the pre-drilled cabinet. My 5 yr old did mine.

Where did you order your shacker motor? I usually order from Marco or Pinball Life.

#444 11 years ago

Even in the Bally/Williams days, and also today with Stern it's possible that some tweaking may be required. Probably very very minor, I just want to set the expectation that you might have to do some minor fixing or tweaking...

Quoted from ronlisa:

Its going to be nice to get a pinball thats free on any flaws and that I can just plug and play

#445 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Even in the Bally/Williams days, and also today with Stern it's possible that some tweaking may be required. Probably very very minor, I just want to set the expectation that you might have to do some minor fixing or tweaking...

Thanks for the heads up. Im sure I will be on the forum asking a few questions.

#446 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

You will really enjoy it. NIB is a great experience. Should you decide to add it, shaker install is a breeze with the pre-drilled cabinet. My 5 yr old did mine.

That is cool. Teach them young and they will not be afraid to tackle anything when they are adults.

#447 11 years ago

I got the shaker from Trent Augenstein who also sold me the game. I didn't look closely at the invoice.

1 week later
    #448 11 years ago

Anyone have any inside information on the update? We did get a minor one at the end of May, but the last major update was 2.5 months ago....

#449 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone have any inside information on the update? We did get a minor one at the end of May, but the last major update was 2.5 months ago....

Hopefully they put it out here pretty soon. I'm likely going pro version, but if the new software did something with the premium features more then I might be persuaded to go that route. I'm basically just waiting on the purchase until then.

#450 11 years ago

Tuesday was my birthday and it had to be one of the best birthdays I ever had. It all started out when I went to the mail box and found that my Pingame Journal had came and also my Pins & Vids " A New Hoax" video that I ordered, but the best news of all was , I checked my computer and my new AC/DC premium had arrived at the terminal in KC. It was about 9 that evening before I got home with it and got it sat up. Turned it on and the whole family only had one word to say, "WOW"! The kids and wife was playing it so much, I couldnt hardly get a game in, but thats ok because Im glad to see the wife and kids take a interest in pinball. The game is phenomenal, like the title of this tread says. I love the game, I just have not been able to play it much yet.

NOW , the sucking news, the cannon stoped working after about a dozen games! I called Stern yesterday and the first thing they said was that they were having a lot of problems with those motors and they would ship a new one out yet that day , so I cant complain about the customer service.

Over all, a new pin, a pin journal and pin video all in one day, on the day of my birthday! Thats going to be hard to top! I do have a Addams Family coming in some time towards the end of the week so I guess i could say "What a phenomenal week for a birthday!"

acdc_pinball_010.JPGacdc_pinball_010.JPG acdc_pinball_019.JPGacdc_pinball_019.JPG acdc_pinball_023.JPGacdc_pinball_023.JPG acdc_pinball_033.JPGacdc_pinball_033.JPG

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-is-phenominal/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.