Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 464 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
    acdc.jpg
    acdc_pinball_033.JPG
    acdc_pinball_023.JPG
    acdc_pinball_019.JPG
    acdc_pinball_010.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    2012-06-22_17.32.13.jpg
    phonepics143.jpg
    daa0b6daa92e20cb00c2f9449cb6be61.jpg
    IMG_0808small.jpg
    photo.JPG
    2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

The Red horns advance the shots in order to change the song at the jukebox.

OK Cheers that makes sense I'll have to spend today playing accadacca

Peter

#252 11 years ago

Anyone get a great deal on a premium want to share your distributed with me? Pm me.. I think I have a very fair deal but checking. Going to play a friends tomorrow and decide.

#253 11 years ago

Had another game last night with a shot from the cannon at the bell. Missed again, arrrrgh.
    Guess I will have to practice that shot when it does not count so I can get my big jackpot.

#254 11 years ago

Every since my friend upgraded to 1.52 all his inserts change color like crazy . Anyone see this?

#255 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Every since my friend upgraded to 1.52 all his inserts change color like crazy . Anyone see this?

No. The color changing insert code is not implemented in 1.52 yet

#256 11 years ago

Also anyone have the previous version of code they could send me? We may downgrade .

#257 11 years ago

What do you mean his inserts change color like crazy?

#258 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

You sure you weren't just seeing things because you were on psychedelics?

#259 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

What do you mean his inserts change color like crazy?

From what I understand the clear inserts like the "notes" are cycling through colors. In the single lamp test, multiple lamps are responding and soing so incorrectly. I have confirmed to them that my BiB is not acting at all like this. During games, my RGB LEDs are white and they can be controlled individually in the single lamp test.

John

#260 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Had another game last night with a shot from the cannon at the bell. Missed again, arrrrgh.
    Guess I will have to practice that shot when it does not count so I can get my big jackpot.

When are you meant to shoot the bell with the canon? I shoot the flashing targets.

Peter

#261 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

When are you meant to shoot the bell with the canon? I shoot the flashing targets.
    Peter

Only for the super. Bell will be flashing instead of the standups and DMD will say something like "shoot the bell for super jackpot".

#262 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

From what I understand the clear inserts like the "notes" are cycling through colors. In the single lamp test, multiple lamps are responding and soing so incorrectly. I have confirmed to them that my BiB is not acting at all like this. During games, my RGB LEDs are white and they can be controlled individually in the single lamp test.
    John

You assume correct. Even in the single lamp test they are all on and cycling. Just before I left they stopped working all together There is a little board that controls them..guessing it may be bad he put a call into stern. Really made the game hard to play, yet it was still super fun, thats a good sign!

#264 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Also is the shaker worth it or not ?

Always.

#265 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Only for the super. Bell will be flashing instead of the standups and DMD will say something like "shoot the bell for super jackpot".

OK cheers I'll look out for it

#266 11 years ago

My shaker motor will be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to try it out.
    Speaking of the music notes and the color LED's.
    All of my music notes are white except for every so often the left ramp music note insert will turn a teal blue. Does this happen for everybody, and if so what is it supposed to mean?

#267 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

All of my music notes are white except for every so often the left ramp music note insert will turn a teal blue. Does this happen for everybody, and if so what is it supposed to mean?

That's not normal. A buddy had a similar problem (his was always teal blue) and Stern had to send him a light board to fix.

#268 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I added a shaker to my TRON and I LOVE IT

I would also add a powered EXT Sub
    http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

The price fluctuates but you can get it for $100 shipped. This along with the shaker is AWESOME !!!

#269 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

That's not normal. A buddy had a similar problem (his was always teal blue) and Stern had to send him a light board to fix.

Thanks. I will give Stern a call on Monday.

#270 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Yes!

#271 11 years ago

So I'm on the fence about picking up an ACDC Premium... This would be my first NIB pinball... Looking for suggestions on online distributors to go with. Thanks!

#272 11 years ago
    Quoted from DinoBob:

So I'm on the fence about picking up an ACDC Premium... This would be my first NIB pinball... Looking for suggestions on online distributors to go with. Thanks!

PM sent

#273 11 years ago

please include a pm to me with this info. thanks.

#274 11 years ago

Call Game Exchange. They are members here but more importantly their prices are VERY competitive and their service is excellent. 303-288-6500

#275 11 years ago

Ask for JJ at GEX. Great service. He'll make you a believer.

#276 11 years ago

Flipper fidelity.

#278 11 years ago

Hyped for a 6.3K game. 3rd place after IM and Tron imo. Play before you pay. If you're in AZ, good luck shipping in 110+ degrees, that's all I have to say. Keep your fingers crossed.

#279 11 years ago

I def like this over TRON

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:Hyped for a 6.3K game. 3 place after IM and Tron imo. Play before you pay. If you're in AZ, good luck shipping in 110+ degrees, that's all I have to say. Keep your fingers crossed.

I def like AC/DC over Tron...IM is a great game too but that thing is going for 5K in good shape and has no where near the toys of a brand spanking new AC/DC just saying I will call them even. Though I probably prefer AC/DC myself.

#280 11 years ago

I played Tron, Avatar, IM, and TF over the weekend. Enjoyed all of them. Decided I want to own an IM at some point.

That being said, AC/DC is in another league. IMHO.

#281 11 years ago

I just had a heart pumping game scoring 212 Mil. After my first Album MB the Album MB Insert stayed on continuously. Why? Did I get the Super Jackpot?

My Song choice was Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Rosie, BIB and You shook me.

Im seriously thinking of having both ACDC Pro and Premium in my line up. They are really different. Prem has cool toys and changing GI. Pro has BLAZING speed. Which I love. (fastest pin on planet award...Show me one thats quicker.) And for the money the best bang for buck.

2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg2012-03-01_18.09.30.jpg

#282 11 years ago

212 million awesome score I'm at 191 million and I to had a MB insert stay on? not sure why either.

Peter

#283 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

MB insert stay on?

Load the cannon and shoot the bell for a Album multiball jackpot . Good stuff .

Jim

#284 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Jim

Really! I have to do that again!

#285 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I just had a heart pumping game scoring 212 Mil. After my first Album MB the Album MB Insert stayed on continuously. Why? Did I get the Super Jackpot?
    Im seriously thinking of having both ACDC Pro and Premium in my line up. They are really different. Prem has cool toys and changing GI. Pro has BLAZING speed. Which I love. (fastest pin on planet award...Show me one thats quicker.) And for the money the best bang for buck.

David you crack me up wanting to keep both Did you open your NIB pro?? I am leaning towards the premium right now I just see so many possibilities with the extra toys and color changing inserts!

#286 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

fastest pin on planet award...Show me one thats quicker.) And for the money the best bang for buck.

JM

#287 11 years ago

My LE is here in my garage with no help to get into the house

#288 11 years ago

It's about time. I think that machined got shipped to Alaska and back

#289 11 years ago

Get over here GAP!!!!!! I'll by gas

#290 11 years ago

I have watched JM videos and no way is it faster! The ball is parked half this video (in the claw and hole etc.)

Pros super strong flippers and sling shots combined with stand ups are insane. The ball is always coming back to you. My slings have shot the ball up the ramp.

Compare to ACDC Pro

#291 11 years ago

No one is serioulsy comparing those two are they?

#292 11 years ago

The drag from the hand is no worse than the cannon. I have owned both. JM still has not been dethroned and JD is also faster than ac/dc. While ac/dc is fast ask anyone who has had time on JM and ac/dc and the clear answer is still JM. JD's upper pf is lighting fast let alone the cycle loops. I love ac/dc but you asked show me faster and i have time and time again. You can not tell from videos.

The mode start saucer is no different in JM then the Juke in ac/dc I have seen lots of people stall the ball out for the whole 10 seconds to pick a song.

AC/DC is a great game but it has not dethroned any of the top contenders in the speed department.

You also said bang for the buck speed. JD takes this throne on any game as its still sub 900 in my parts.

#293 11 years ago

The truck came today. AC/DC sits cracked open so I could see a bit. I have Ms. Luna watching them in the garage.

Post edited by coasterguy photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#294 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Jim

How do i actually get the MB insert to stay lit? I've had it happen but didn't know how I did it lol

Peter

#295 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

How do i actually get the MB insert to stay lit? I've had it happen but didn't know how I did it lol

Peter

Get the SJP for ALBUM. Right now its the only SJP in the game.

#296 11 years ago

What? The claw is lame. Does it shoot the ball. Acdc pro smokes it! Ball is totally wild half the time. And always coming back to you! Can I get a second opinion. Akuma I love your posts but the videos show the truth.

Jd is no comparison either. That dead world is boring also. Time waster that breaks a lot. Theme is well u know.

Show me a faster pin. Bsd maybe. Standups in the middle. F14. Maybe.

#297 11 years ago

There is a difference between out of control wild like ac/dc and organized flow like JM or JD or even T2 or Roller Games. Just because the ball flails around randomly does not make it fast it makes it out of control.

If you think ac/dc is fast god save you from when you play a properly setup JM or JD

#298 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I played the pro at the NW pinball show to compare and I did not find it was any faster than my premium. What do you think is there to slow the ball down in the premium that's not there in the pro? Certainly you're not citing things like occasionally hitting a real bell or the lower playfield.

#299 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Get the SJP for ALBUM. Right now its the only SJP in the game.

Cool thanks but i had Jam MB lit NOT flashing? I've never had Album MB stay lit

Peter

#300 11 years ago

Acdc has flow galore. I'm talking ball velocity. Aka speed. The time between contact with the ball.

Acdc pro is so fast you barely have time to look at the display. Literally. This also makes for short ball times. Kicks you in the balls.

Pro is more pure pinball gameplay. No upper playfield. No dead world or claw toy. No vid mode yet. Just fast combos targets and loops. With cannon fire requiring you to remove ur hand from the flipper button in the middle.

Love it.

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-is-phenominal/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.