47%
  • ACDC - just don't get the love for this 59 votes
    20%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago

For me, it is definitely the best Stern ever. Yes, I like it better than Tron LE.

The only question I have remaining after that is whether it is the best pin ever, and in my opinion, if it isn't, it is *damn* close!

Top 5 pin ever made without question.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

It's an amazing game , flows like butter, super fast. Only thing that bothers me about it is how much it cost me can have 3 nice games for its price

Depends how you look at it. It is one of the best pins ever made, but it costs a hell of a lot less than some of the top rated pins here at Pinside like MM, MB, and AFM. The premium is a pretty damn good bargain these days.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think it is a top 5 game from Stern but that may not be saying all that much when games like TSPP, LOTR and even X-Men are much better.

Not one of those pins is better than AC/DC, and other than LOTR, the other two aren't even in the same freaking ball park.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Saying anything is the "best ever" is just ridiculous. And since you've owned and played a number of different games your opinion is probably more valid than the gushers.

Are you a boob?

Nobody who thinks AC/DC is the best pin has "owned and played a number of different games"?

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Everyone has different tastes. It seems to me the community gives much more slack and approach a pin with an open (not negative) frame of mind when Ritchie and Lyman are involved. Not saying its unwarented but it is a lot of slack. I personally do not care for the AC/DC layout at all. I like the music but the gameplay is just not my cup of tea. That said I am glad to hear so many pinheads loving it.

LOL!

That's hilarious. Slack? WTH are you talking about? It's a pretty simple matter of the pin kicking ass, with rules that kick ass better than pretty much any ruleset ever put in a pin. *That* is why it gets the praise that it does. Slack? WTF?

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Tspp is an amazing game that a ton of people love.

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

acdc is good but tspp is better.. lets see if ten years from now acdc will be as popular and critically-acclaimed.

Wait ten years my ass

Why the hell do people think this way? What logic is there to the idea that pins can't be compared until 10 years goes by?

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'll tell you why, because when things are new most people tend to overhype them, it takes time to for a movie, or car, or whatever to find it's place when being ranked against others that came before it. Declaring any game that has only been out a short while the best game ever is just ridiculous, and you're not going to change my mind on that.

You are the one being ridiculous.

You are acting like AC/DC has been out for two months or something. If that was the case, you would have a point, as that would be a "honeymoon phase" or whatever you want to call it.

But this ten year crap is just plain ludicrous (edit: actually, you were the one in the other thread that said to "wait 15 years", not 10. My bad). And you're not going to change my mind on that. There's zero logic to it.

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are just so many non-linear ways to challenge yourself and enjoy the game on various levels, and so many little things that are satisfying... I just don't see it getting old!

+1000

Quoted from badbilly27:

Fair point. And I am a Ritchie fan boy. However, I feel most posts in this thread continue to crown Steve when Lyman's code has a hell of a lot to do with it. I applaud both but want to make sure Lyman gets his props.

Oh, I definitely think that the majority of AC/DC owners are very much aware of the fact that Lyman deserves a hell of a lot of credit for making the pin as great as it is, and I don't find there to be any shortage of that praise/props at all.

You can go into other (non AC/DC related) threads and read about how people will not be buying another NIB Stern title because of code issues (not good, not complete etc) but some will make a specific exception if Lyman is doing the code. Sounds like props to me!

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm likely going to get an ACDC premium. This is solely because of the glowing reviews it gets from its owners. Moreso than any pin than I can recall really. However I'm a little nervous about this title because I've never enjoyed T2 and with one or two exceptions I'm not into SR's games. I have played ACDC pro a few times in our local arcade and it's ok but it hasn't sunk its teeth into me yet. Hoping it's because I don't understand the ruleset and not just because I don't love T2/SR games

Why would you buy a pin that you've actually played if you thought it was just "ok" and if you don't like the designer's other pins? If there is an ACDC pro at your local arcade, get your butt back down there and play the heck out of it to find out if *you* enjoy it. Just because the majority here (myself included) find the pin to be superb, it doesn't mean that everyone will.

You are setting yourself up for big disappointment by purchasing the pin purely off the reviews here when you have the actual pin that you can play before buying (there won't be huge differences in how the pro and Premium play).

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Only because of the reviews like I said. It's not an easy decision for me. The toughest pinball purchase decision I've had really. Here's the crux of it: Would you suggest that that if someone liked the premium he might not like the pro?
Also I have read everything I can find regarding ACDC pro vs premium to see if there's some significant difference in the gameplay that I'm missing. Unfortunately that hasn't given me much to go on. Some think it's night and day, others not so much. I once watched a 15+ minute youtube video on ACDC premium and the guy never started the mini playfield or even mentioned it. That was so frustrating!

If you don't like the pro, you won't like the Premium.

Please....go back to your local arcade and play the pro some more. A lot more. If you don't feel like playing it more, you shouldn't buy an AC/DC.

1 week later
#239 11 years ago

*That* is your opinion Rob (or am I miss quoting as you is always your argument). Slack in that sometimes a pin is given the benefit of the doubt when they are involved. I am a big fan of both of them so not trying to diminish what they have done just making an observation.

Fair enough, and looking back at it I think I see what you are saying.

Let me see if I understand. For example, Lyman and Ritchie are given "slack" (for lack of better word) because they have proven themselves. So...I have said that I do not plan on pre-ordering anymore Stern pins without playing them first based on my negative experience with X-Men. However, I have also indicated that I might make an exception when it comes to Ritchie's next pin assuming Lyman does the code because of their reputation and how great AC/DC was right out of the box.

So in that sense, I am giving them some "slack". Is that what you mean (more or less)?

#241 11 years ago

Sorry for the delayed reply. That is a perfect example of what I mean Rob. I also have a feeling that if other projects (as they are) had their name attached to them they would be a bit more popular within the forum community. Of course that has no facts behind it just a feeling/opinion.

That makes perfect sense to me. I don't know that I completely agree with it (I would still hate the rules on XM if Lyman had done them for example), but I can certainly see why some people might think that the community would give it more slack if he had done the rules. He has a great reputation and a track record, whereas the new guys like Waison don't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-honeymoon-over-thoughts-now?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.