47%
  • ACDC - just don't get the love for this 59 votes
    20%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG
image.jpg
There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

So, this game has been out a while and Lyman has one more code update supposedly. Just wondering now the 'newness' has worn off, what people now think? Is it the best Stern title ever?

Got it down for a maybe for 2013 as it would appear to be better than XM and possibly Avengers ( too early to call ). I am not an ACDC fan but have enjoyed playing a BIB but I can't decide if it would be a game that will give me long term enjoyment.

#2 11 years ago

I'm still loving it. It's always fun and exciting and there's not only flow but "logic flow" which makes every action, reaction and combo satisfying and fun. Keep in mind though I love AC/DC music so just that puts me in a great mood when I hit start.

#3 11 years ago

In my opinion this goes down as one of sterns best games ever created. Le/premium version.

#4 11 years ago

I still think it is the best game I own. What I particularly like is the risk reward trade off of shooting or not shooting the song jackpot.

#5 11 years ago

I play my pro every night. I thought I would get sick of listening to the same songs...........Hell no, Not even close. I was a fan before the machine, but I am now a bigger fan. There has never been a pinball machine that gave me this much joy. The machine has me dancing while I play, I know it sounds gay, but it is true. Imagine "The Dark Knight" dancing while playing pinball.........How am I going to explain this to the other super heroes.

#6 11 years ago

I have 18-20 pins and only play my BIB AC/DC, after 7 months and over 3000 games played it is still the bomb !

Jim

#7 11 years ago

Honeymoon over?? Some of us have barely gotten our hands inside her pants. Just teasing, I know what your saying. I think when all the wedding rice, um.. I mean birdseed settles, ACDC will rightfully take its place among the best out there. Just my opinion but its That good. Long live the King.

#8 11 years ago

It took me a long time to warm up to AC/DC. At the beginning I was not a fan at all and felt like it was too fast, too hard, drained too much. But now I am totally converted - I think it's a great game and cannot get enough of it. Each code update has had me loving it more. I would take it over X-Men in a heartbeat. Over Avengers, I think it is just way too early to say at this point. I played some Avengers LE yesterday and my initial impression was very favorable, but I would have to play it a lot more before I could say whether it was worth owning. I personally don't care for X-Men at all but am still holding out hope that a code update will make it more fun. But you can't go wrong with AC/DC.

#9 11 years ago

Best. Stern. Ever.

#10 11 years ago

Honeymoon period not quite over yet. The game is only 9 months old. That said, I love AC/DC Premium/LE and it may be Stern's best game ever.

#11 11 years ago

For me it's my best pin. But I don't want to have something that plays the same way rule wise. You need one of these kind of games in your collection. I think AC/DC is the best and will be better with future updates. It's a hunt for points, fun and risky but it's no big epic adventure. If I had to own just one pin, this would be the one. I think the ground structure is awsome. I hope Lyman get's the time to bring it to it's limits.

#12 11 years ago

Even if the Honeymoon IS over...we'll see some updates and be like "HOLY SHIT" all over again!

#13 11 years ago

For my part it's just better than TZ and MM,better rules,much faster

#14 11 years ago

The best pin period!!!!

#15 11 years ago

Still one of the best games ever made in my opinion!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from knapejor:

Still one of the best games ever made in my opinion!

+1

#17 11 years ago

There's not a single game I would trade my AC/DC Premium for. Not MM, not AFM,... nothing. I have room for only 1 pin in my place so it's "all or nothing" for me.
When that changes, the "honeymoon" may be considered over. Until then, don't you dare say a negative word about my pin-wife! I'm surprised to hear there may be another upgrade. That would be s-w-e-e-t, but not necessary in my opinion.

#18 11 years ago

The Premium/LE deserves a place in the top 10. I am not a Stern fan and I still don't get the hype on Tron or X-Men, but this is up there with their other 2 proven winners SM and LOTR. A friend of mine said he was looking to buy a NIB for the first time in years and asked what I thought he should get. I voted AC/DC Premium and that's what he ended up getting. Sure, the cannon motor fried after about 12 games at the unboxing party and the clear coat is so thin you can feel the edges of the ink through it, but it was still kickass.

#19 11 years ago

It's been 6 months and we have never left the bedroom..... It's truly a great game and Ive got a new Lotr,Tron and a newly shopped MM that have been collecting dust while Acdc premium gets played everyday.
Al

#20 11 years ago

I prefer rolling stones. just kidding. I've had my used pro for 48 hours and we've put 150 games on it. my games (in descending order of favorites) avatar (our first), TAF, LOTR, acdc, tron and wolverine. I have a six game limit so wolverine and tron will be the first to go.

#21 11 years ago

Where did the strobe multiball rumor come from? Could it happen?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

In my opinion this goes down as one of sterns best games ever created. Either version.

FTFY

#23 11 years ago

i totally agree that acdc premium/le's are mos def top 5 sterns ever.....

my tron le has now taken a back seat to the acdc premium (esp when friends and family are over). the fam just cant get enough of the acdc pin.

#25 11 years ago

What's ftfy and why are you quoting something I didn't say?

#26 11 years ago

A very fun game. One of Sterns best. But not "The best pin eva."

#27 11 years ago

What's ftfy and why are you quoting something I didn't say?

FTFY = Fixed That For You

Changing the quote is part of the schtick.

#28 11 years ago

I've actually had some time to play pinball lately and it's the one I'm still playing. I don't think I've really begun to figure out the best strategy but it sure is fun trying. I really love draining balls during a multiball mode then hitting my vip button to add a ball and return whatever I just lost. Very cool stuff.

#29 11 years ago

Not just the best Stern, better than 98% of
Bally Williams fanboy games.

#30 11 years ago

The pro is just as much fun as the premiums and LE's. You guys that own a premium or LE that limit your praise to only to those versions look silly IMO. I don't own either and both are a blast. When I decide to play an AC/DC, the first question isn't which version I want to play (I have a choice of either), it's which one is closer. They play slightly different, but both are among Stern's best games ever. Period.

#31 11 years ago

Pro is a very good game as well. But the le takes it to the next level.

#32 11 years ago

Le ranked 14 and pro ranked 58 at pinside.

#33 11 years ago

Pro is a very good game as well. But the le takes it to the next level.

Really? How so? Tell me why you feel the LE is significantly better than the pro model. Use two posts if needed. Anyone can say the LE 'takes it to the next level'.

I'll tell you one thing that's better than on the pro than the premium or LE. The bell magnet never blocks the bell shot on the pro.

#34 11 years ago

Drop Targets, Bell adds a big element and lower play field huge for scoring on certain songs. Bigger sub makes a huge difference too.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Really? How so? Tell me why you feel the LE is significantly better than the pro model. Use two posts if needed. Anyone can say the LE 'takes it to the next level'.
I'll tell you one thing that's better than on the pro than the premium or LE. The bell magnet never blocks the bell shot on the pro.

Jeez some people really piss me off here. Nobody is wrong or right. I have played the pro and the LE a ton. I personally love the lower playfield and the extra strategy it adds to the game. I love the light show in ACDC premium. I personally love the bell more in the LE. I love the crossover ramp. Nobody is wrong or right. Thats great that you love both equally. No problem! If you ever get an ACDC in the future you can get a pro and be just as happy and save a bunch of money on your purchase.

#36 11 years ago

BEST GAME EVER

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Really? How so? Tell me why you feel the LE is significantly better than the pro model.

Lower playfield
Color changing GI
Color changing inserts that correspond to modes and rules
Swinging Bell
Dancing Band (makes the multiball more fun IMO)
TNT drop targets w/ standup behind it

I like all the other stuff too (Train, Hell tunnel, TNT plunger, etc) but it's just a significantly better than the Pro in every respect. The Pro is a pinball game. The Premium/LE is magic.

Quoted from phishrace:

The bell magnet never blocks the bell shot on the pro.

The bell magnet is under the playfield and all it does is swing the bell if you use your VIP pass during Hells Bells. Please explain how this magnet blocks anything.

#38 11 years ago

Great game best ever

#39 11 years ago

"The pro is just as much fun as the premiums and LE's. You guys that own a premium or LE that limit your praise to only to those versions look silly IMO. I don't own either..."

You lost all credibility RIGHT there.
: P

Just kidding. If we're arguing over the fact that the Pro is or isn't fantastic, that's a great sign.
Stern did everything right and need to make notes to do it again on their next one.

#40 11 years ago

For me-top 5 Stern. Maybe in my top ten DMDs but it's not close to being best ever. In no particular order, I'd put IJ, TSPP, SM, NGG, TZ, MM and maybe some others ahead of it.

Great game and loads of fun with tension-filled strategy.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Maybe in my top ten DMDs but it's not close to being best ever

Maybe you are wrong ? I say it is very close !

#42 11 years ago

> Lower playfield

Lower playfield scores very little (contrary to above). Only good for safely building your song jackpot.

> Color changing GI
> Color changing inserts that correspond to modes and rules

Nice, but neither affect gameplay. Game was plenty of fun before the inserts started changing colors.

> Swinging Bell

At the beginning of a multiball (don't recall which one), if you hit the bell with the cannon or an early flipper shot, the magnet keeps the bell moving. During this time, you can't score a bell hit. After the magnet stops pulsing, the bell continues to swing, preventing you from starting or prolonging 2 or 3X playfield. At least 10 seconds. If you've stacked all 3 multiballs, this also prevents you from scoring the 3X jackpot.

> Dancing Band (makes the multiball more fun IMO)

I really really like it, but again, nothing to do with gameplay.

> TNT drop targets w/ standup behind it

That bank I like. Wouldn't change a thing. The other bank of drops has it's share of issues though. When one or more is down, balls will get stuck and you have to wait for a ball search to free it. Also, sometimes direct hits to the middle target doesn't drop the target (and score the song jackpot). Standups are way more predictable than drops. Can't do bank shots off of drops.

> I like all the other stuff too (Train, Hell tunnel, TNT plunger, etc) but it's just a significantly better than the Pro in every respect.

Nope. This is the first time they nailed both versions. By putting the LE's and premiums on a pedestal above the pros, you're selling the pro short. I'd rather play an AC/DC pro than any other LE or pro. Given a choice between a pro and a premium, I'd play the premium, but only for the bling.

#43 11 years ago

I say it is still amazing. After selling it and re-buying it. I am a happy camper. IT is quite addicting and everyone always goes to it first then back to it after the classics when I have company.

#44 11 years ago

Haha when I finally get my AC/DC it will be a Premium. I simply will not buy a pro because I can't stand the face on the play field. The other stuff on the Premium are great too!

Now to find that extra cash!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballwiz:

Haha when I finally get my AC/DC it will be a Premium. I simply will not buy a pro because I can't stand the face on the play field. The other stuff on the Premium are great too!
Now to find that extra cash!

Did you sell the TS?

#46 11 years ago

If not Best Pin Ever or Best Stern Ever, it is definitely a Top 5 Pin overall. For me. Best Pin Ever...

#47 11 years ago

Definitely a top 5 Stern along with TSPP, LOTR, SM, and Tron.

#48 11 years ago

Strange thing about Stern, am I imagining it or do some stern games look very cheaply built?
I have LOTR it looks like a quality build, but I played transformers the other day and the
Playfield seems cheap (not cheesy like NASCAR or something but not quality like LOTR or TSPP)
I have never seen an ac/dc premium in person is it a quality looking playfield?

#49 11 years ago

I'm personally not a fan of real photos on Playfields. I think that the TZ has some of the best pinball artwork ever done. Having said that, I was looking at the PF on my AC/DC Premium and they've done such an awesome job using all the colours and different photos.
Of course, the moment you hit the start button, there is no artwork on the playfield. Only pinballs moving faster than the speed of light. Damn it's a tough game.

#50 11 years ago

For me, it is definitely the best Stern ever. Yes, I like it better than Tron LE.

The only question I have remaining after that is whether it is the best pin ever, and in my opinion, if it isn't, it is *damn* close!

Top 5 pin ever made without question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-honeymoon-over-thoughts-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.