Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mbob
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-01-11 11.57.55.jpg
2015-01-11 11.56.31.jpg
2015-01-11 12.10.23.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have an ACDC Premium. I've always liked it, but I don't think I've ever LOVED it. I realize today that I just don't understand ACDC. The shots are great. It's fast. It's furious. It's a beauty.

I just don't understand it.

I want to love it.

Don't get me wrong, I realize every song is it's own mode. I know what they want me to shoot for during a song. I have no idea how the game ties everything in together, how to get big scores, and how to advance through the game efficiently.

Someone who gets it, please show me the light.

#2 5 years ago

I have 10 dmd pins , out of all my machines , AC DC is the most hated out of all of them . The game is super fast and ball times are always low ......except when you get that magical game , where the pinball gods are looking down and guiding the balls to the inlanes and away from the center...My high score is 187 mill and that was once..It seems like I cant hold on to the ball long enough to shoot for big jackpots or holding off on the cannon when im ready................game over ps ...also one of my favorites in the bunch, I always come back to her

#3 5 years ago

While attending this years TPF, I watched a guy play AC/DC premium. He was actually a good player and kept the ball times long and scored about 145 million. It was my turn and I complemented him on the great game , he was thrilled to show me that not only did he put his initials up but that he was also the grand champion@ 155 million, he was very proud!

I smiled at him and said " I am going to f**k that GC score up " he smiled and said with doubt in his voice "go for it "

I had a very short game and started the third ball with less then 10 million (he was smiling because he knew I was no threat to his GC or even putting my name up) I had 6 VIPs and started Album multiball and scored 175 million in two short shots . He hung his head in disbelief and admitted he had no idea how to get big jackpots. I admit that I got lucky talking shit and pulling off the GC when I said I would , that being said I was armed with the knowledge to pull it off.

Here is how I play AC/DC premium.

If you want a huge score, play Hells Bells and Hells bells only . I don't give a shit about my first ball and only try to get one VIP or go for the super skill and get two VIPs. The first ball is good for some ramps and target banks to get you qualified for jam and album MB.

Ball two,you go for go for a super skill shot for sure, if you miss the super skill you have a VIP or VIPs from the first ball, if the lights go out before you make the super skill just punch the fire button for a free super skill shot. You will use one Vip to gain two VIPs, this cheat is only available on Hells bells! Not many know about this !

So now you have VIPs, this is the most important thing in the game, you will learn this for yourself if you practice my technique.

On ball 2 I try real hard to go to hell under the bell especially with two or three times running, this will build your jackpot before you get ALBUM MB, Hells bells is on the Back in black album and will take six target banks to collect, try to have two or three times multiplier running before you hit the sixth bank and your bonus will shock the shit out of you . I have hit many, many album bonus well over 100 million .

Remember to use your VIPs at the right time and don't waste them, I will use them to keep the multiplier going or extend MB if my last ball drains before hitting my sixth target bank. This is a fun way to play and will get your blood pumping big time. Also , I use the cannon to hit the bell instead of taking low scoring jackpots, this gets the multipliers closer to use during MB or a visit to hell.

Good luck

I hope this make some sort of sense .

Jim

#4 5 years ago

This actually does make sense with the videos I have watched from PAPA, but I am still a bit confused on what the bell achieves. Is it for v.i.p passes, or for pf multiplier? When do they shoot, from the cannon, for the bell vs. the target bank on the left side of the pf?

And each song has it's own goal? And once that goal is achieved, you shoot the right loop to the back of the pf to select a new song?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

This actually does make sense with the videos I have watched from PAPA, but I am still a bit confused on what the bell achieves. Is it for v.i.p passes, or for pf multiplier? When do they shoot, from the cannon, for the bell vs. the target bank on the left side of the pf?
And each song has it's own goal? And once that goal is achieved, you shoot the right loop to the back of the pf to select a new song?

Bell is for the PF multiplier. 3 hits starts 2x scoring for 15 or 20 secs I always forget. every bell hit thereafter refreshes the timer, and 3 hits during 2x scoring starts the 3x multiplier.

Each song has its own individual goal, do it and it lights one of your super awards. for example, RnR train - combo the left ramp into the right ramp, right loop, or rock targets. The super rewards, for the most part (except lanes) use the cannon to collect their JP awards.

To add on to McCunes post; I typically try and breeze through 3 easy songs (like RnR train, Rosie, Shook me) then start hells bells and have all 4 super awards going while im running hells bells in multiballs. Its much more risk, but more reward.

And during any song, there's mini objectives which are used to light the jukebox and change songs. Changing songs isn't too wise during competition because its the hardest shot on the pf and can cause drains.

As for making ACDC better; bring up the pitch higher to 7deg and bring your outlanes in. Once you start nailing jackpots and seeing the game unfold, you'll see the many dimensions and elements the game has to offer.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The super rewards, for the most part (except lanes) use the cannon to collect their JP awards.

And that is the shot across the pf to the left target bank? And super awards accumulate during play, then are achieved in one big shot?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

And that is the shot across the pf to the left target bank? And super awards accumulate during play, then are achieved in one big shot?

Yes; for example super loops. All loops will accumulate towards the loop jackpot. Im not sure how many is needed to light the cannon. But once lit, you can continue getting loops to add to the jackpot, or shoot the cannon and collect. If you collect, you can build loop jackpot again - and I THINK the loop jackpot keeps accumulating even after you collect (not sure about this though, it may reset - maybe someone else can confirm). But, all super awards stay active for the entire ball. You have to relight them once you lose your ball.

This is why it can be very rewarding if you stack hells bells and multiballs with these super awards and get 2x/3x pf rolling. And I like to try and get 3 super awards going. I think the only super award that isn't used by the cannon is the lanes one. Which super lanes becomes active from the inlanes, then starts flashing one of the inlane/outlane inserts. If you use the inlane award, your next shot I believe is double? if the ball goes in the outlane and you have super lane flashing there, then it multiplies your bonus - this is nice to do during multiball to get your bonus 2x or 3x. That make sense?

#8 5 years ago

Perfect. I have always been able to tell from vids that AC/DC is a great game, but never really given it a fair shake myself. I will change that today.

#9 5 years ago

WOW! Thanks for the tips! I have seen it multiply the bonus, but I never knew how or why it happened. What causes the bell to light as the super jackpot shot?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

WOW! Thanks for the tips! I have seen it multiply the bonus, but I never knew how or why it happened. What causes the bell to light as the super jackpot shot?

Yes. There is a cannon to bell shot for the super jackpot. It's qualified during multiballs. For instance, during album mb, after getting a certain # of album jps (I think 13??), it lights the super jackpot. Get this and your album mb insert will remain solid for the remainder of the game.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I have an ACDC Premium. I've always liked it, but I don't think I've ever LOVED it. I realize today that I just don't understand ACDC. The shots are great. It's fast. It's furious. It's a beauty.

I just don't understand it.

I want to love it.

Glad I'm not alone, I am desperately trying not to throw her into the street and have it run over by a truck.. I hate her that much at times, its the only pin that makes me feel this way , but still I play another game.

AAARRRRR!! two months in, 671 games, and only 15 odd games above a century,one at 412 mil. Just does'nt add up, I'm improving steadilly on metallica, x-men, but ACDC, nothing, missed shot, and its out, canon shot ,and its out.. it must be me.

Anything missed or loss of control results in punishment. Its a design thing, sure, If there is a way of playing besides points,to feel at least an achievement of progression pls advise me quick , as Its looking like the best looker in the house will have to relocate!

#12 5 years ago

If you love it let it go. (to me for cheap)

If it comes back to you it was meant to be.

Who is kidding who it would never come back to you.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If you love it let it go. (to me for cheap)

If it comes back to you it was meant to be.

Who is kidding who it would never come back to you.

Haha,

good thing Im not in love , and if we split up , it'll be forever gone and soon you'll realise too late she's toying with you ... she's a real man -eater!

like just now, gives me a 189.....and it was great..!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Glad I'm not alone, I am desperately trying not to throw her into the street and have it run over by a truck.. I hate her that much at times, its the only pin that makes me feel this way , but still I play another game.
AAARRRRR!! two months in, 671 games, and only 15 odd games above a century,one at 412 mil. Just does'nt add up, I'm improving steadilly on Metallica, x-men, but ACDC, nothing, missed shot, and its out, canon shot ,and its out.. it must be me.

yes, it is just you........... and you should "Play Better" just kidding ........
I've only had my prem a couple of months and trying hard to get the prev owners initials off it .........

#15 5 years ago

a post from last week by me: "AC/DC…. %^^$$$%@##$!^@^&^&@^*!*#!^^#*!@*!*^@%##$##%**# this game

thanks for indulging. i feel much better now."

#16 5 years ago

There is a big rule sheet on this game, every owner should read it. The rules are very ground breaking.

Having said that, I've never loved it myself. I like it, and keep It because of the great rules, and it feels great when I have big games, and getting to Encore, but I don't know, I get the op's feelings.

I think I'm feeling the lack of v2.0... Not sure what else needs to be done, but despite the great rules, it "feels" like something needs updating. Maybe it's only my distaste for the same multiball animation for every one.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

%^^$$$%@##$!^@^&^&@^*!*#!^^#*!@*!*^@%##$##%**# this game

.. while the last ball dribbles out of the pops down the middle , "play better" is the last thing you need..

but that painful truth is sometimes hard to accept

#18 5 years ago

My cannon shot often sounds like this...

"You nailed it!"
"Play better."

#19 5 years ago

..better than " where'd you lear to aaaiim..."

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

a post from last week by me: "AC/DC…. %^^$$$%@##$!^@^&^&@^*!*#!^^#*!@*!*^@%##$##%**# this game
thanks for indulging. i feel much better now."

Like I told you before, I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you hate it too much...I'll be over in fifteen minutes!

Hope your Fish Tales came out great!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like I told you before, I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you hate it too much...

Me too, anyone trying to dump a LUCI on the cheap.....I would be happy to oblige.

#22 5 years ago

I have AC/DC.... way too complicated for a pinball and AC/DC (3 chords)...
It's still confusing how to complete the songs during gameplay to complete the song selected on the jukebox. I don't really play for points ever, I try to complete modes.
A pinball game rule set shouldn't be 30 pages in length which is the case here.... makes me not want to play it and go to Tron or back to GNR.... Stern failed the AC/DC fan here....

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

It's still confusing how to complete the songs during gameplay to complete the song selected on the jukebox. I don't really play for points ever, I try to complete modes.

Each shot is a song on the backbox. Make 8 to change song. Play all songs to get wizard mode.

The 12 shots are: left ramp, right ramp, bell, left loop, right loop, rollover lanes (AXE), pop hits (some number), TNT targets, ROCK targets, AC/DC targets, little standups of death, in/outlane (FIRE) rollovers. Questions?

AC/DC doesn't really have modes, which means that trying to complete them isn't very rewarding

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

It's still confusing how to complete the songs during gameplay to complete the song selected on the jukebox.

You just complete the shot which corresponds to the song. Whole lotta Rosie-light the 3 lanes, You shook me all night long- advance pop bumpers to next level, complete target banks, ramps, etc. I think you need 8 to light the jukebox, then just redo it with the next song.

Edit- looks like I typed to slow.

#25 5 years ago

It's the risk reward of the song jackpots that has me sucked in. (watching the ball to spell fire 3 times to light the cannon).....never was on top of it when I had played other games with the same function.

#26 5 years ago

I thought Bowen was working on a comprehensive AC/DC rulesheet. What ever became of this?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

AC/DC doesn't really have modes, which means that trying to complete them isn't very rewarding

BULLSHIT, Trying to collect the album of the song being played is a mode . It is very rewarding to collect !

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought Bowen was working on a comprehensive AC/DC rulesheet. What ever became of this?

I contributed to this project as well. I remember him saying he was waiting for the updated code.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like I told you before, I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you hate it too much...I'll be over in fifteen minutes!
Hope your Fish Tales came out great!

its a love/hate kind of thing. i doubt it will ever leave!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Each shot is a song on the backbox. Make 8 to change song. Play all songs to get wizard mode.
The 12 shots are: left ramp, right ramp, bell, left loop, right loop, rollover lanes (AXE), pop hits (some number), TNT targets, ROCK targets, AC/DC targets, little standups of death, in/outlane (FIRE) rollovers. Questions?

Ahhhh.... that makes more sense now... I haven't taken the time yet to just lift the glass off and hit targets to just figure out gameplay which I've been meaning to do.
My goal is to complete each jukebox song.... so in order to complete each of the songs, I need 8 of the 12 "goals/targets" completed each song and then can change song at jukebox... makes total sense!
Is there any benefit to playing each song other than point differences for each song based on the specific song goal (ie hitting Hell's Bell during Hells Bell)

#31 5 years ago

For 1, if you hit the shot of the song you picked first...all the other shots will score more points and carry over to a higher song jackpot...if you ever notice when you hit a shot before hitting the desired song shot, you are awarded 25K...in place of say 350K+

You don't have to hit the shot for the song you picked first, but it will rack up the points faster after you do hit it.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

There may not be modes, but who says the game needs modes? A cannon shot to collect 35 million during multiball with balls flying everywhere is pretty exciting when you can pull it off.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

A cannon shot to collect 35 million during multi-ball with balls flying everywhere is pretty exciting when you can pull it off.

How about 60 Million with 3X flashing? I know there are people out there hitting 300 million plus....can't even imagine!

My highest is 178K including the 3X playfield bonus (so 59K song jackpot, not including the playfield bonus)

9 months later
#34 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Here is how I play AC/DC premium.
If you want a huge score, play Hells Bells and Hells bells only . I don't give a shit about my first ball and only try to get one VIP or go for the super skill and get two VIPs. The first ball is good for some ramps and target banks to get you qualified for jam and album MB.
Ball two,you go for go for a super skill shot for sure, if you miss the super skill you have a VIP or VIPs from the first ball, if the lights go out before you make the super skill just punch the fire button for a free super skill shot. You will use one Vip to gain two VIPs, this cheat is only available on Hells bells! Not many know about this !
So now you have VIPs, this is the most important thing in the game, you will learn this for yourself if you practice my technique.
On ball 2 I try real hard to go to hell under the bell especially with two or three times running, this will build your jackpot before you get ALBUM MB, Hells bells is on the Back in black album and will take six target banks to collect, try to have two or three times multiplier running before you hit the sixth bank and your bonus will shock the shit out of you . I have hit many, many album bonus well over 100 million .
Remember to use your VIPs at the right time and don't waste them, I will use them to keep the multiplier going or extend MB if my last ball drains before hitting my sixth target bank. This is a fun way to play and will get your blood pumping big time. Also , I use the cannon to hit the bell instead of taking low scoring jackpots, this gets the multipliers closer to use during MB or a visit to hell.
Good luck
I hope this make some sort of sense .
Jim

Thanks heaps Jim. This works! Just tried it and beat my tournament mode high score straight away.
Cheers,
Johnny

2015-01-11 11.56.31.jpg 2015-01-11 11.57.55.jpg 2015-01-11 12.10.23.jpg
#35 4 years ago

Now post a score with the glass on! Man thats crazy. I put up 254,579,000 tonight and thought it was a great score.

#36 4 years ago

AC/DC is one of those games I just keep coming back to whether I score well or not. If I ever got rid of it I would miss it terribly. I've managed to score over 300 mil. one time, and it seems the more I understand about the game the worse I get, lol. One of the fastest games out there (Pro).

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Now post a score with the glass on! Man thats crazy. I put up 254,579,000 tonight and thought it was a great score.

I had a well spent youth..
254 is pretty good, as you know this machine can dish out >10 million no probs.

Quoted from Memphis777:

If I ever got rid of it I would miss it terribly.

Me too. It's just too exciting.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I had a well spent youth..
254 is pretty good, as you know this machine can dish out >10 million no probs.

Me too. It's just too exciting.

No offense, but where did you get that back glass or whatever it is!

Goes to show you, it just doesn't matter what the appearance on Ac/dc is, its an unbelievable pin!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes; for example super loops. All loops will accumulate towards the loop jackpot. Im not sure how many is needed to light the cannon. But once lit, you can continue getting loops to add to the jackpot, or shoot the cannon and collect. If you collect, you can build loop jackpot again - and I THINK the loop jackpot keeps accumulating even after you collect (not sure about this though, it may reset - maybe someone else can confirm). But, all super awards stay active for the entire ball. You have to relight them once you lose your ball.
This is why it can be very rewarding if you stack hells bells and multiballs with these super awards and get 2x/3x pf rolling. And I like to try and get 3 super awards going. I think the only super award that isn't used by the cannon is the lanes one. Which super lanes becomes active from the inlanes, then starts flashing one of the inlane/outlane inserts. If you use the inlane award, your next shot I believe is double? if the ball goes in the outlane and you have super lane flashing there, then it multiplies your bonus - this is nice to do during multiball to get your bonus 2x or 3x. That make sense?

I've never had a loop jackpot that scored much... Maybe 10 million? It's certainly nowhere near as lucrative as the song jackpot. I'm really hoping Lyman does something with HB and tones it down so you can't keep the playfield multiplier going for 2 minutes or more. Maybe the VIP doesn't always hit the bell? Or only if it's note insert is lit? FTATR needs a boost as well.

Rob

#40 4 years ago

OP- watch this.

#41 4 years ago

Want to love the pin more? Change all your songs. Mine now plays 12 classic Van Halen tunes. Sooooooooooo much better!!!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Want to love the pin more? Change all your songs. Mine now plays 12 classic Van Halen tunes. Sooooooooooo much better!!!

I like Van Halen but that's a sin to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, VT
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Redding, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Indianapolis, IN
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside