HB5.jpg
HB3.jpg
HB2.jpg
HB1.jpg
P1040944.jpg
P1040986.jpg
Hells Bell Mod.JPG
P1040877.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Here is a custom mod for the AC/DC - Premium and LE Stern Pinball for the Bell block. Hide the ugly aluminium block and install this new mod in 5 seconds with a "Hells Bell" bell timber beam mod.

There are 2 finished pics of the mod stained up, as well as a unstained "Timber Beam" mod fitting nicely to the aluminium block. In addition a full rotation test has been done with the bell doing multiple spins around ensuring the mod does not hit the opto in either direction. The stained Hells Bell Mod will be standard and I will post a photo of one fitted soon once a mate gets the updated one and sends me a update of one fitted.

This mod is very simple to install piece with locking and centring tabs, as it is just centred over the aluminium block and slides down hiding the screws on the right side - no screws, no tape, no glue and easily removable.

The "hells bells" is engraved as well as some designed in artificial cracks and growth rings made from a very strong durable plastic.

Note: the each item is exactly the same with only the stain varying slightly with each one but I will ensure each will have that timber look.

offer items on offer are here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-flipper-caps-tyre-tread-theme

P1040693.jpegP1040693.jpeg
P1040688.jpegP1040688.jpeg
photo.jpgphoto.jpg

#2 10 years ago

bump for the afternoon crowd on this side of the world

#3 10 years ago

some photos added to the 1st post, just PM for postage rates, and I can do a few in one box to save on postage, waiting on a mate to send me a pic of a painted one on the bell.

still have a few left from the first batch with 1 off to France and 8 to various Aussies

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Nice work, how do you order?

just send me a pm with your details so I can calculate postage and I will get back to you within 1/2 day with the time difference and then pay via paypal

I will be going to the post office tomorrow to work out flat rate postage costs to various countries and will post here.

In addition the flat rate is up to 250 grams so up to 4-5 units could be purchased and shared amongst mates saving on postal charges.

and thanks for the kind words guys, very much appreciated.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dMode:

Do you thought in making something similar for the bell's bracket? I refer a wood cover, in the same style, and sell them as a complete pack. A good looking mod, although I think it looks better (and perhaps cheaper) without the letters on it.
How much for it?

In one of the photos is the same mod without lettering (to the left of the 3 in one photo) so that is covered, as for price $23.50 if anyone is interested and has more timber grain effect. I didn't think anyone would go for that one so only have one as stock at the moment but can have a few ready over the weekend.

As for the vertical and back bracket, I will investigate it and report back though it will take me a little while but can do the same wood effect look.

Quoted from flashburn:

Price? I think I want one.

All prices in Aus Dollars so better for you overseas guys.

$23.50 for timber beam with no lettering
$25.00 for the "Hells Bell" with lettering
$? for the vertical beam & backing bracket

as for postage I will report back today with a guide line price range for the US, Canada, France, Spain, UK, Aus but I will refund anyone if the price of postage was cheaper than my estimate.

If any other countries are needed just ask.

Payment is via Paypal

#10 10 years ago

here is a video of the opto swing test with a trial material that I was not happy with but design is dimensionally the same.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is this made out of resin or wood?

3D printed and painted, with the designed in printed splits, growth rings, engraved name etc.

the sample in the swing opto test was a experimental wood pla but the finish was not consistent - some looked awesome (real timber) and some furred up - such a hit and miss result.

the design has 3 retainers & locking tabs to ensure it stays central and clips in - no tape, no glue and install and remove in under 10 seconds.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Competition always improves the market. Good luck with your sales. We also had that idea but had to move on to other mods.

thanks, much appreciated, and like wise with any future mods

I have a few on the cards but more targeting a few older machines screaming for a little extra tasteful touches

#17 10 years ago

ok have been to the post office and chatted about the best ways to send these parts overseas

envelops are cheaper but I personally would be worried if the item made it in one piece with all the weight thrown travelling around the world - so envelops are out unfortunately

only other option is box and size is not the issue but the weight with the minimum being 250grams with the box and one mod and a bit of tape and padding coming in at 90-100 grams so in effect another 11 units could easily fit in the box and travel at the same postage rate.

All the below figures are in Aus dollars which is a little better for you guys.

Postage for under 250 grams

box at $1.26

postage to US and Canada - $14.10
postage to Europe - $18.20
postage within Aus is - $6.95

mod is $25,

total = $40.36 - round down to $40 Aus

but if you want to get better value I have the Bally SS Backbox Shrouds as well as flipper caps - tyre tread design, or team up with a few people in your area...

lastly for those that have already paid I will be in touch with you and those that are interested, please do not lose hope as I am trying to arrange sales with in the states which with the time difference may take a little while and it's not a guarantee.

Those that are interested please let me know if you want to go ahead or hang back until I can maybe work something out.

P1040721.jpgP1040721.jpg
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

that looks nice Swinky. Alternativly you could cover it with printed vinyl, not as nice but cheaper. Can I order one please?
DD

pm sent

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Swinks, you should look into selling your mods through PinballLife. That should help those of us living in USA/Canada tremendously.

have made the enquiry, as there are already 8 potential orders waiting on the possibility for the US.

- RTBB is going to be the Distributor for Australia
- am in discussions with a European company for Europe
- just leaves the USA

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

One ordered. Thanks Swinks.

thanks, got it and you will see it next week, thanks for the support

#26 10 years ago

a few updated photos

AC:DC 1.jpegAC:DC 1.jpeg AC:DC 2.jpegAC:DC 2.jpeg AC:DC 3.jpegAC:DC 3.jpeg AC:DC 4.jpegAC:DC 4.jpeg AC:DC 5.jpegAC:DC 5.jpeg
#28 10 years ago

added a Luci's Bell to the mix as well, same price and hoping to hear soon about a US re-seller for these and other mods - fingers crossed.

Screenshot copy.pngScreenshot copy.png

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Does that fit the pro now? I want one - also what else do you have for Ac/Dc
pm sent

I can't do alot in the way of the pro until I get access, so my apologies there.

Still in discussion with a US seller, getting close though…. and building stock just in preparation

#30 10 years ago

I have had a few enquiries from Europe (specifically Germany and Belgium).

If anyone in the area wants one, please contact me and I can put a few of you in touch with each other for a possible one postage with say 10 units to Europe and then you guys can share them around.

#31 10 years ago

If any wants to ring "Luci's Bell", here you go, standard and trying a red lettered one - PITA - as getting a red tinge under the brown, so not sure I will do the red lettering and it will cost more if I do.

P1040876.jpgP1040876.jpg P1040877.jpgP1040877.jpg P1040875.jpgP1040875.jpg
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Is that an Objet printer? That looks SO much better than that ABS crap.

Replicator 2 and printed in high quality PLA and then painted

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

From Full Metal Jacket:
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Love the mod Jady. Well done.

Hells Bell Mod.JPG 175 KB

glad it made it too you and that you like it, thanks for the support

#37 10 years ago

many thanks to all the member so far that have supported me with a total of 42 units despatched with a big thanks to a pinside member for purchasing 14 units to share with pinheads in and around German

#38 10 years ago

I am happy to say that I am sending 10 units to Terry @ Pinball Life in the next day along with a few samples.

So if you are in the USA or Canada and interested, keep an eye on Pinball Life as these will be arriving soon so you can now avoid the expensive postage for single units.

Lastly thanks Terry for taking these on and providing to those that are interested, I really appreciate the opportunity.

P1040986.jpgP1040986.jpg
#40 10 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Swinks, those look great!
Nice job.
Wally

thanks Wally,

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Would love one. How do I order?

PL will probably get them between Christmas and New Years but it is silly season and post in Aus in this period has a lot to be desired in relation to speed so not sure in the States.

I suppose just keep an eye on their site.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

I would like a Luci's Bell. Who do I need to PM? Thanks.

I have just finished 5 different ones for the Premium and LE, Terry did not want to take on the Luci's Bell ones due to concerns with Stern (which I respect) so the only 1 option at the moment and that is to buy off me but postage is $15.50 Aus but with the Aus dollar being crap is to your advantage to save a few dollars. Or someone could buy a few Luci's and resell in the US which does not both me. $15.50 postage will cover up to 10 units or registered post for $21.50.

Plain, and dark engraving Hells Bell and Luci's Bell are $25 Aus
Red engraving Hells Bell and Luci's Bell are $30 Aus as they are PITA to paint

P1040944.jpgP1040944.jpg

1 week later
#45 10 years ago

a few more photos

HB1.jpgHB1.jpg HB2.jpgHB2.jpg HB3.jpgHB3.jpg HB4.jpgHB4.jpg HB5.jpgHB5.jpg HB6.jpgHB6.jpg
#46 10 years ago

now in stock at Pinball Life

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3287

thanks for the support Terry

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

cool, is he gonna sell the version for the pro also?

I am still trying to get access to a local Pro to measure up on, so not at this stage.

#50 10 years ago

Terry has ordered more with "Plain"s (no lettering) and Black "Hells Bell"s soon on their way to the US

#51 10 years ago

here are a few more of all the blocks fitted

P1050272.jpgP1050272.jpg P1050273.jpgP1050273.jpg P1050278.jpgP1050278.jpg P1050284.jpgP1050284.jpg P1050287.jpgP1050287.jpg P1050292.jpgP1050292.jpg
#53 10 years ago

unfortunately Terry is not allowed to sell anything with a Luci or AC/DC logo as it conflicts with agreements with Stern

1 week later
#55 10 years ago

Pinball Life will be re-stocked very soon with Black "Hells Bell" and "Plains"

#56 10 years ago

Pinwitch will soon have the full range of stock for the guys in Germany and Europe, stocking:

Black "Hells Bell"
Red "Hells Bell"
"Plains"
Black "Luci's Bell"
Red "Luci's Bell"

Thanks Karin for your support.

http://thepinwitch.com/gx2/index.php/language/en/XTCsid/e3c495176dbc226dec91785688fc4206

1 week later
#58 10 years ago

Pinball Heaven UK has come on board and a batch of Black "Hells Bell" and RED "Hells Bell" will be leaving tomorrow so these should be on the shelves at his site in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the support Phil, very much appreciated.

So various versions will be available now at:
Australia - RTBB
US - Pinball Life
Europe / Germany - Pinwitch
UK - Pinball Heaven

2 months later
#59 10 years ago

Just shipped another batch of "Hells Bell" bell mods to Pinball Life including RED Hells Bell, should be in stock with them in 2 weeks time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-hells-bell-bell-mod-engraved?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.