Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180406_155656_resized (resized).jpg
20180406_155527_resized (resized).jpg
thumbnail (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

Hey everyone, now there several AC/DC Helen mod kits that have been in the games and been played on for a few years. What do the your lower playfeild stickers look like? Do they have any extreme wear from the ball? I’m getting a Luci vault and I have a a unused Helen playfeild sticker. I’m wondering what kind of ball wear I can expect on the sticker. Please post up some pics and note how long it’s been on your playfeild.

#2 11 months ago

Why would you put a Helen sticker on a Luci vault to cover the lower playfield? You don’t need the Helen sticker. Unless there is another Helen sticker you are looking for to put on.

#3 11 months ago

The Two girls they added look good, but the Helen sticker hides the flameing iron-man helmet look that I don’t care for. That is why.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Why would you put a Helen sticker on a Luci vault to cover the lower playfield? You don’t need the Helen sticker. Unless there is another Helen sticker you are looking for to put on.

I think Helen is still a pretty big upgrade from the Luci Stickers on the mini PF but that is subjective.

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Hey everyone, now there several AC/DC Helen mod kits that have been in the games and been played on for a few years. What do the your lower playfeild stickers look like? Do they have any extreme wear from the ball? I’m getting a Luci vault and I have a a unused Helen playfeild sticker. I’m wondering what kind of ball wear I can expect on the sticker. Please post up some pics and note how long it’s been on your playfeild.

In the mini PF I wouldn't worry about wear at all. Their is a pro on route at Pinballz in Austin. It has the Helen sticker and I don't see any wear on it and that game has thousands of plays on it easily.

I've got about 750 on my game since installing Helen. While you are down their take a min to paint your hardware black. Really helped clean up that area vs seeing the silver screws everywhere in those plastics.

thumbnail (resized).jpg

#5 11 months ago

Wow, looks Great!! Good tip about the painting with back paint, thanks.

#6 11 months ago

Mine hasn't been so lucky.

At first glance it doesn't look bad, but you can see some wear around the insert. Upon closer inspection with some light, she looks like she's had a rough time in hell.

I'm going to pull it soon and apply another one. This time around I think I am going to cover her in some mylar and paint the screws as 85vette suggested.

20180406_155527_resized (resized).jpg

20180406_155656_resized (resized).jpg

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Their is a pro on route at Pinballz in Austin. It has the Helen sticker and I don't see any wear on it and that game has thousands of plays on it easily.

Pro doesn't have the lower playfield. Did they put the sticker on the main playfield ?

LTG : )

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pro doesn't have the lower playfield. Did they put the sticker on the main playfield ?

Originally it was meant to cover up that ugly Angus face on the pro. Some guys later discovered they could put in on the lower playfield to cover the boring flames. I think it looks fantastic on the lower playfield.

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think Helen is still a pretty big upgrade from the Luci Stickers on the mini PF but that is subjective.

In the mini PF I wouldn't worry about wear at all. Their is a pro on route at Pinballz in Austin. It has the Helen sticker and I don't see any wear on it and that game has thousands of plays on it easily.
I've got about 750 on my game since installing Helen. While you are down their take a min to paint your hardware black. Really helped clean up that area vs seeing the silver screws everywhere in those plastics.

Looks like a female Predator with big boobies.

#10 11 months ago

I love seeing these "off label" pics, never meant for this to work, glad people are enjoying.

I did think about making an 'official' lower playfield design at some point, just haven't gotten around to it. Be much easier to prevent wear with a lower playfield install.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love seeing these "off label" pics, never meant for this to work, glad people are enjoying.
I did think about making an 'official' lower playfield design at some point, just haven't gotten around to it. Be much easier to prevent wear with a lower playfield install.

Aurich
You talk about selling like hot cakes! I dont think you could make them fast enough. Bring it on! Still waiting for your met mod as well.
Harley D.

#12 11 months ago

Well Aurich I think I you did an “official” Helen lower playfeild that would sell like gangbusters.

#13 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I did think about making an 'official' lower playfield design at some point, just haven't gotten around to it

In the meantime, you ever think about doing a small run of the above image

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Still waiting for your met mod as well.

That I am actually working on again, I just keep making it more complicated than before. I have test files nearly ready to send out for laser cutting.

Quoted from Dante:

In the meantime, you ever think about doing a small run of the above image

Honestly the playfield decal never sold well, I stopped doing it before Stern asked me to stop doing the translite because there was such low demand. Not enough Pro owners I guess. It's cool that Premium folk adapted it, but wasn't ever meant for it really, it's a DIY project.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly the playfield decal never sold well

So by any chance you have an extra one or two laying around?

#16 11 months ago

I would be in for one!

#17 11 months ago
Quoted from Dante:

So by any chance you have an extra one or two laying around?

I haven't for years, sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frederick, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside