(Topic ID: 78867)

Official AC/DC Helen Backbox Kit, Make Helen Flash!

By ArcadeUpkeep

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I know lots of pinsiders are excited for the new Helen translite Aurich is making for AC/DC, fellow pinsider Gabe got me in contact with him and from that came this new LED backbox flasher kit designed specifically for the Helen translite. It replaces the fluorescent tube for a fuller more even light, adds game controlled interactive flashers colored specifically for Helen and a great dual color changing effect for the lava. It installs in minutes and plugs directly into your game.

It's also $20 off for a limited time, only $150. Click the link below for more info.

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553

#2 10 years ago

That's really cool. Amazing what the pinball community is capable of.

#3 10 years ago

Sweet...I'm interested but what comes in the box for the $150? Can you post a picture of the actual product?

#4 10 years ago

....tempting.

#5 10 years ago

Guys do not hesitate this is a great deal. I have done 3 custom kits with Brandon. Nothing but top notch and his kits are awesome. Its lots of fun creating these kits with him. I cant wait to install this baby!

#6 10 years ago

The kit itself is a panel slightly smaller than the size of the translite itself so it fits in the head of your game. And mounted on it are many, many LEDs to light the backglass itself along with different colored LED flashers to make the backglass flash with the game. There is also couple LED controllers to operate the dual lava color changers. All wiring goes to 3 connectors to plug into your machine. I can post pics of it in action once the translites start shipping but without that it just looks like a white panel with lots of LEDs and wires!

#7 10 years ago

How easy to install would matter to me as I am cautious.

#8 10 years ago

I have these types of boards in some of my games. You have a video showing the fading effects?

Also, does the plug have another port on it so you can daisy chain in case you already have molex plug used. Most of us have toppers and stuff, so going to need a pass through style plug so we can chain them like xmas lights.

LED backbox boards are super easy to install. Just a double threaded screw goes right into the florescent bracket. Tighten the locking nut. Adjust the second nut to how deep you want it to sit. Slide the board on both screw pegs. Use the wing nuts to lock it down and your done. Oh, and plug in the LED panel to the power system. 5 min from start to finish. 10 min if you have to keep moving the cat away from being in your face.

#9 10 years ago

Very easy, if you look in the head of your game you'll see there is 1 screw holding the fluorescent tube in place at each end. Just unscrew those and screw this kit in, plug it in and your done. Should only take a few minutes and I'll send you instructions with pictures of each step. And if you're still nervous you can give me a call anytime and I can walk you through it.

#10 10 years ago

I won't have a video until the translites ship. The kit was built from Aurichs design with his and Gabes input. But, the LED controllers have many options including just turning them to white if you shouldn't like the effect for some reason.

#11 10 years ago

the RGB ones can go pure white? All the LED boards i have now have RGB ones in spot, and white in others. but I can't have them go pure white in those spots. I don't think anyway. Damn remotes have so many options on them.

#12 10 years ago

You should be able to, I'm not sure which remotes you have but all the ones I ship have a button for just white, second one down on the right hand side.

#13 10 years ago

I can put a Y splitter on it for you so you can daisy chain other kits for power, that's no problem.

#14 10 years ago

I haven't seen this product in person, so I can't endorse it on that kind of level, but I love that someone is doing it and look forward to seeing how it looks for sure.

I hope to do the translite order soon.

#15 10 years ago

I just saw BR's video of the STLE with backbox light kit from Cointaker. I'm assuming this product is similar, with similar results? If so, ...I'm sold.

#16 10 years ago

Yes it is, same basic idea specialized for this translite.

#17 10 years ago

Aurich, I didn't mean for that to be an endorsement, just trying to give credit where credit is due!

#18 10 years ago

Awesome - thanks!!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Aurich, I didn't mean for that to be an endorsement, just trying to give credit where credit is due!

All good! I just haven't seen it yet so I don't want to say too much, looking forward to seeing how it works.

#20 10 years ago

Are the kits ready now to ship?

#21 10 years ago

Essentially yes, they aren't yet built but as orders come in they will be built and shipped. I'm looking at about a week turn around from order to ship.

#22 10 years ago

Here is a awesome kit me and Brandon created a few years ago for my tspp.

#23 10 years ago

Here is one for my Metallica pro he did a few months ago. This one has a custom controller for the cool attract mote effects. Also has under cabinet game controlled lighting. Brandon is very creative and like to push the envelope.

#25 10 years ago

I may get one of these since I didn't buy a LED backbox panel yet for my AC/DC. You going to make it so all the lights can be adjusted brightness?

#26 10 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by adjusting the brightness. Normally we don't have brightness adjustments on them, but if you are looking for something specific I could certainly make it for you.

#27 10 years ago

the remote gives you the ability to change how bright the LED's are. If you look at the remote, there is a brightness + and -. Usually you have around 10 settings of dim. But some boards out there, will only allow the remote to work with the color changing LEDs. Leaving the white ones, uncontrolled. I want the ability to adjust how intense all the lights are, not just the color changers.

#28 10 years ago

OK, I understand now, I didn't know if you wanted to be able to control the brightness of the flashers as well, which I don't normally provide for, the flashers are just bright, they flash! But if you're looking to control the brightness of the regular LEDs then yes that can be possible.

#29 10 years ago

yea, flashers isn't a big deal because they arn't on all the time. But to reduce backbox glare, brightness adjust is a very nice feature to have.

#30 10 years ago

I suspect this will do a lot better once you can shoot a video of it with the real thing. Working on making that possible, getting close to the final order.

#31 10 years ago

No problem CaptainNeo, I can make the backbox brightness easily adjustable.

#32 10 years ago

Good to hear Aurich, can't wait to see it all together!

#33 10 years ago

Good to hear Aurich, can't wait to see it all together!

Heh, me too. I'd be ready right now if it was just the translite, the decals slowed things down. Had some back and forth with how to gang them on sheets properly, I think we're good now, I uploaded the new versions today, so hopefully test prints are about to go down.

#34 10 years ago

No problem CaptainNeo, I can make the backbox brightness easily adjustable.

I'll take one then if I can adjust all lights. (besides flashers)

put me on the list for one of those.

#35 10 years ago

Great, you can order it through the website whenever you'd like.

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553

Just mention the brightness control in the comment section at checkout and I'll build it in for you.

#36 10 years ago

I can build that in for anyone else too if you're interested, just let me know.

#37 10 years ago

A few kits have been ordered and will be shipped soon, can't wait to see how everything turns out!

3 weeks later
#39 10 years ago

Don't just bump it, you've got video now!!

This is footage dannunz shot of the kit in question in action:

#40 10 years ago

Keep me up to date defiantly interested as well.

#41 10 years ago

I sent out a few more kits recently, they should be in peoples hands any day.

#42 10 years ago

The video looks very red/yellow heavy, Gabe told be it doesn't look that way in person, just the camera picking it up that way.

#43 10 years ago

I will take another video tn with some background light. My camera is causing more yellowish heuw.

#44 10 years ago

My backbox kit arrived safe and sound - now I'm just waiting for Helen. ...hopefully today.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My backbox kit arrived safe and sound - now I'm just waiting for Helen. ...hopefully today.

Good to hear, hope you like it!

#46 10 years ago

order placed!

#47 10 years ago

Got it, will be shipped out Monday!

#48 10 years ago

Order Up!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I will take another video tn with some background light. My camera is causing more yellowish heuw.

When you make your next video leave off the playfeild and get in close on the translite so we can see what is going on with this. --Thanks

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

When you make your next video leave off the playfeild and get in close on the translite so we can see what is going on with this. --Thanks

Ok Im on it going to do it rt now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-helen-led-flasher-kit-make-helen-flash/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.