Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC-DC_Premium.jpg
image.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

It has made it into the Top 10 rankings here at Pinside.

I figured that it was just a matter of time. Hopefully it will still climb up from there.

Probably shouldn't even have posted this thread. It will just give the Stern haters/bashers more incentive to go give it a rating of 1.0.

Also, in before "who gives a crap about the rankings".

#2 11 years ago

It will be in the top five for sure , give it time.The original haters can't even hate AC/DC anymore.

#3 11 years ago

I didn't think I gave a crap about rankings but this makes me smile.

#4 11 years ago

The fact that a great game is getting better with each run....that makes me smile

#5 11 years ago

I actually deleted my previous rating because I have not played it since the last few code updates. When I had it, it was terribly incomplete and incoherent.

Now I hear its quite cohesive so until I play it again leaving my rating there is unjust.

#6 11 years ago

It's one of the few new sterns that I actually see holding it's position. I expect most of the others (like avengers) to drop after people start rating it on it's actual merits as opposed to the hype of it being a new and shiny thing.

#7 11 years ago

I'm happy to see that Steve R. is back and having such great success with his first game back at Stern. I'm looking forward to what he comes up with next!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm happy to see that Steve R. is back and having such great success with his first game back at Stern. I'm looking forward to what he comes up with next!

Can't wait to see what he does with a different theme.

#9 11 years ago

AC/DC is a great game, probably has the longest wizard mode ever in Encore. It basically gives you a whole new game to start with three extra balls and a bunch of add-a-ball opportunities. I'm not sure about top 10 though definitly top 20.

#10 11 years ago

Best...game...ever...

#11 11 years ago

So...As someone who hasn't been a huge fan of Stern games thus far, anyone know where I can play an AC/DC in Austin TX? Pinballz doesn't have one yet....

#12 11 years ago

The game 100% deserves it. Its an absolute ass kicking pin, I'll never get tired of mine and all my friends and family enjoy it as much as me. Glad it's getting the respect it's owed. Ritchie & Lyman are the best duo in this hobby.

#14 11 years ago

indy is cool and a great theme but not even close to top 10 IMO.

#15 11 years ago

On a side note how is TOM ranked higher than IJ, TOTAN and CV?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It is done with mirrors.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don't have much a problem with this one. I prefer ToM to all those games you listed above. What I dont get is how Tron Pro is ranked higher than Tron LE.

#18 11 years ago

Oh I get it.....Prestidigitation!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 11 years ago

TOM is such a pretty machine I can see why it's ranked high. Best looking machine I've ever seen in my life and a cool theme. I don't get how TOTAN is so high. It's a real good game, but I figure the scoring issues would turn some people off.

#20 11 years ago

AC/DC (and Tron) are without a doubt, the best pins produced in the last 10 years.

....says the old guy that's been collecting pins since the 70's.

#21 11 years ago

i agree, ac dc is a top 10 pin! and i wouldn't be surprised if it goes top 5!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

The fact that a great game is getting better with each run....that makes me smile

This is the way it should be. Build a great game, sell enough to profit and create demand for more great games down the road. A change in direction from Ha, you bought this piece of shit, the code is done, don't bother us.

#23 11 years ago

The game itself, the code ugrades and the hype and passion for people to make it even better with all kinds of mods makes this pin truly one of the best ever. The mods Hemi is doing with : total rock concert and the shoot to thrill, some crazy stuff.

#24 11 years ago

I can't wait to get mine...should be any day now. Great game!

#25 11 years ago

I'm not surprised by this, both Ritchie and Lyman have given it their all to make this one as good as it is, and it shows that they are proud of what they do! Seems like this game will be in the "keeper" category for me!

#26 11 years ago

Number 8 now! Wow!

#27 11 years ago

will the 40th anniversary edition be released ?

#28 11 years ago

More Bonn Scott please !

#29 11 years ago

The game really is TNT

#30 11 years ago

AC/DC belongs there but I think STTNG belongs there even more.

It's WAY better than TOM or TOTAN.

IJ is out of the top 10? That's just wrong as well!

Down with TOTAN & TOM and UP with STTNG & IJ!!!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

AC/DC (and Tron) are without a doubt, the best pins produced in the last 10 years.
....says the old guy that's been collecting pins since the 70's.

Actually there is some doubt. Ever hear of Spider-Man and Lord of the Rings? Not to mention a couple other Sterns worthy of discussion. Like Avengers for example.

#32 11 years ago

ACDC Premium is on my list of top 3 pins ever made.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

ACDC Premium is on my list of top 3 pins ever made.

It is incredible IMHO:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/historical-spikes

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Number 8 now! Wow!

1 month later
#35 10 years ago

I will agree that AC/DC Premium is one of the best games produced. Having been in the hobby for thirty plus years its hard for me to get excited about a new game working on them every day. I consider ACPremium the best since Lord or maybe MM. Very few games are "destination pins" where the general public ( not collectors or enthusiasts) will make a special trip to play a certain game . AC/DC does this. I have one on location and non pinball people are drawn to it. not sure if true with the pro version. I would like to buy another one but they are so expensive i sure miss 1997 when MM s were 3700. When you consider that AC premium doesnt have an lcd or really anything that sets it apart from previous titles technology wise and that its doing as well as it ,is that is an amazing feat. The designers should be very proud.

#36 10 years ago

I think it is Stern's best game since LOTR. The current Premium version (without the cloudy window) is the one to have. I was a naysayer on the theme but have really grown to love the game. I think it is miles better than some of the classic BW games including TOM and IJ play-ability wise.

#37 10 years ago

The day I played the proto in the factory i could tell it would be a people pleaser. I tried to get one that day but i was TF bound! I have some pics of me playing the proto with software .020 I will post them up for yah Jim.

#38 10 years ago

Well said JR, what is amazing is the success they are having with a machine that as you said, really has nothing to set it apart from every other machine in the last 20 years. A solid layout, well developed rule set and fantastic appearance, allows casual players to make progress and keeps the advanced players continually challenged, it is just a pleasure to play.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The current Premium version (without the cloudy window) is the one to have.

I have a cloudy window. I bought the machine used, when I bought it I Novus 2 polished the underneath of the window by hand, which did have a black film on it, that made a slight difference on the clarity.

I also Treasure Cove polished the top(PF side) of the window(cut 2 and 1, I may go back again and start with 3, then 2 and 1) and it made a very noticeable difference. It is no where near as cloudy as it was, but it is not as clear as the current production models. I am sure the clarity on the cloudy windows varies from machine to machine, but it really is not a big deal after polishing it. If I do not point out that it is a cloudy window, most pinheads even do not notice it.

I would be interested to know if other people have had any success with polishing the haze away

#39 10 years ago

Hahah I gotta pick on this persons rating.. Common Its an AC/DC PINBALL this is like saying the NASCAR pinball focuses to much on NASCAR!!!

arizonabuck rated a 5.874 2013-04-21
“good game, but centered too much around acdc music, not family friendly”

#40 10 years ago

When Theater of Magic is rated better that AC/DC, you know ratings are not accurate at all !

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Hahah I gotta pick on this persons rating.. Common Its an AC/DC PINBALL this is like saying the Nascar pinball focuses to much on Nascar!!!
arizonabuck rated a 5.874 2013-04-21
“good game, but centered too much around acdc music, not family friendly”

Think of the children!

#42 10 years ago

I take these ratings with a grain of salt only cuz of the hype machine sometimes, then they get sold for a high price.

In this case, I agree. Good game.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#43 10 years ago

Hooked , I'm Happy you own my 1st NIB Pin ...

AC-DC_Premium.jpgAC-DC_Premium.jpg

#44 10 years ago

Not sure Metallica will be up to the challenge. I think a lot of people may have HUGE expectations (i'm one of them) and that's not a good thing.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Not sure Metallica will be up to the challenge. I think a lot of people may have HUGE expectations (i'm one of them) and that's not a good thing.

I'm in on the Premium ( DD ) but I NEED to see a Game Play video from Stern 1st !!

Why the Big Secret from them ? Or Am I missing some info ?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm in on the Premium ( DD ) but I NEED to see a Game Play video from Stern 1st !!
Why the Big Secret from them ? Or Am I missing some info ?

Not sure how well Metallica will do on day 1, but remember: it's Lyman coding it.
I was shocked to hear that when ACDC first came out, VIP passes didn't exist.
Think of how much Lyman has improved the game since Day 1.

LOVE the layout of the Metallica. Amazing looking toys too. If the coding rocks, so will this game!

-a non-Metallica lover/owner (yet)

#47 10 years ago

Community-driven "ratings" mean nothing.

#48 10 years ago

ACDC is a great pin and lots of fun. It'll be great to see how it stands the test of time.

Better than TSPP or LOTR? That's a toughie. All three are so DIFFERENT. I don't think I could let any of them leave my basement. They each bring something different to the table.

Tron, while beautiful, I personally find not that interesting or creative. But that's just me.

#49 10 years ago

Well, I added my rating in last night. I held off throughout the weekend to really let my opinion cook on the game. It's truly a special machine.

I still don't understand how Fish Tales outranks it on IPDB. That's the crime of the century, right there.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

ACDC is a great pin and lots of fun. It'll be great to see how it stands the test of time.
Better than TSPP or LOTR? That's a toughie. All three are so DIFFERENT. I don't think I could let any of them leave my basement. They each bring something different to the table.
Tron, while beautiful, I personally find not that interesting or creative. But that's just me.

Actually, I think that AC/DC is probably the ultimate "compliment" game to LOTR or TSPP. They are so polar opposite types of game, they will work well together.

My HUO POTC will be sacrificed for an AC/DC premium to put next to my LOTR within the next few months. I was not excited about AC/DC one bit when it was announced, but it is truly a great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-has-made-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.