(Topic ID: 70770)

ACDC Gold "Long Way To The Top" Edition!

By Aussiepinwiz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy an ACDC Gold "Long Way To The Top" special edition machine, at a gold-plated price?”

• Yes 10 votes
    13%
  • No 68 votes
    87%

(78 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1-408.jpeg
images-5-384.jpeg
images-5-2.jpeg
images-5-892.jpeg
Unknown-1-662.jpeg
161153.jpg
Unknown-233.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

ACDC has been a major hit for Stern. The LE machines sold out before anyone could say "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll", and the Premium and Pro editions look like being manufactured for some time to come.

What if Stern built unlimited numbers of special edition machines, let's call it 'ACDC Gold Edition'?
Would you buy one at a gold-plated price?

The gold edition would have gold trim (not real gold of course) plus everything the LE had and more (perhaps LCD screen, awesome translite, the new back box system Stern is working on, quality toys and finishing, gold coloured pin balls, more powerful speakers than the other ACDC models, everything Steve Ritchie wanted to put in the LE but had to cut out in order to reduce costs, and the option to custom include 6 more songs to add to the playlist, including the must have "Long way to the top".

Would you buy one if it cost, say, $750 more than the Star Trek LE?

What specifications and modifications would you like to see included in the ACDC Gold Edition machine?

Add your thoughts below, and add your voice to the poll.

Unknown-233.jpegUnknown-233.jpeg
#2 10 years ago

Not interested

#3 10 years ago

I think you would have a bunch of pissed off LE owners if you made a gold version with even more features.

Maybe if it was announced at the same time the other LEs were released.

#4 10 years ago

Backglass to start with and not a translite.

#5 10 years ago

AC/DC is a great band... Stern is a shitty company, who needs to be finishing what they have already made.... So, no...

#6 10 years ago

Premium is sufficient I think

#7 10 years ago

It's funny - the gold LOTR LE cost a few years back what the ACDC Pro did.

I don't think your idea is bad, I have thought one day about brassing my prem, but Stern is going to have to make a game changer in the near future I think given PPS firing up, and adding another $100 in bling and jacking the price a grand ain't going to cut it anymore.

#8 10 years ago

I would buy a special have a drink on me LE that come with a bottle of Crown and a special 13th song.

#9 10 years ago

I'm thinking "Lipstick on a Pig" here... Actually, I don't think the color scheme of AC/DC is conducive to a gold package. I could be wrong but I really like the Premium red a lot better.

#10 10 years ago

Hemi can probably do most of the things you suggest to a Premium or Pro. He will also test and dial the machine in which is something Stern will not do.

#11 10 years ago

No game sucks!

#12 10 years ago

No, only because this would just be another LE and Stern can't/won't/at least shouldn't sell a new LE. However, if YOU wanted to mod a Premium and sell it then that would be OK. Now, I would like it if they would release a code with that song as the Encore though I would rather have Shoot to Thrill. I would even pay a bit for it since I know they need to get the additional license.

#13 10 years ago

OP, why would you want to encourage even MORE of this horseshit LE business?

I think buying new pinball machines would be a lot better if it was less like buying Microsoft Windows.

#14 10 years ago

just a big ole NOPE

#15 10 years ago

I like the game and have been toying with buying an AC/DC for over a year, maybe next week. lol. I admit a customizable jukebox would be fun but I'm afraid to think what my family would fill it with! LCD, new backglass, shrug = don't really care. Gold balls = no way. Bottom line is "gold edition" wouldn't move me and certainly not for an extra $750+.

#16 10 years ago

I already have this edition with my premium minus the gold trim. Long Way To The Top is my encore song and have changed out songs to include Shoot To Thrill, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Girls Got Rythm. With OGA83's code editor you can put what ever song you want on it. ( The only caveat is the song is confined to the length of the original song ) Along with the canon mod, my custom jukebox song list mod (my brother and I make them) and a few others I'm not sure much could be done for me to buy a different one. I'd guess if I didn't own one it would be OK with me.

Edit: I do like your enthusiasm for asking this though

#17 10 years ago

As i remember, the LE machines did not sell out, i could have bought 20 of them if i wanted or could afford. I remember them being available for a while after being released. I have heard from very reliable sources a new AC/DC premium is slated to be released shortly, all the distributors know about it, at least the ones semi close to me. I have heard its going to have a better art package and updated boards, hopefully a better sound package. I am in for one if they get a better translite, sound, is priced similar to current premiums.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from WifeSwapper:

As i remember, the LE machines did not sell out, i could have bought 20 of them if i wanted or could afford. I remember them being available for a while after being released. I have heard from very reliable sources a new AC/DC premium is slated to be released shortly, all the distributors know about it, at least the ones semi close to me. I have heard its going to have a better art package and updated boards, hopefully a better sound package. I am in for one if they get a better translite, sound, is priced similar to current premiums.

I guess I'm going to wait a little before buying another machine. I would be very interested.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What if Stern built unlimited numbers of special edition machines, let's call it 'ACDC Gold Edition'?

They've done this already. PREMIUM.

If they did another edition, it should probably be a legit LE.... "Thunderstruck" or something. I'm all for added songs (although not sure where they'd fit, ruleswise) - but if they added songs, anyone w/ the game already could use the update - so, that's free.

#20 10 years ago

No for a gold LE for me, since i have a premium that I'm more than happy with. What would be cool, is something like console games have been doing for a long time now is to offer an expansion set of code, say adds 5 more songs and modes that you can purchase for download at the stern site or distro whatever. But considering that so much code is so far behind, thats kind of a pipe dream.

#21 10 years ago

Makes you wonder how the wozecle owners feel about the 75th an edition...

#22 10 years ago

Sick of the whole LE thing. Done. Finito. kaput. One game, one version. Play pinball.

#23 10 years ago

Thats interesting "better art and updated boards?". Since this has been such a winner for Stern why not make more, makes sense.

Quoted from WifeSwapper:

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Sick of the whole LE thing. Done. Finito. kaput. One game, one version. Play pinball.

I'm with you, at least when it comes to playfield, toys and game relevant stuff.

I have nothing against a premium/LE model, with let's say gold plated wireforms, stuff like the ST starfield projector or even a shaker motor - as long as nothing changes or interferes with the game itself, it's modes or features.

#25 10 years ago

There will be a demand for it in 10 years or so. Think MMR.

2 weeks later
#26 10 years ago

Gary, Luci is not ACDC Gold!

I already have a premium!
I'm not going to buy a second.
But if you build some Gold versions I will!

Oh well, there's alway hope ...
No harm in asking, right?

161153.jpg161153.jpg
#27 10 years ago

I bet Stern are tempted to do another LE - but doubt they dare!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I bet Stern are tempted to do another LE - but doubt they dare!

It's got to be better than an LE (with everything Steve R wanted to put in it but couldn't), and more expensive, otherwise the LE owners will feel ripped off. But if a GOLD edition is done LE owners will have nothing to complain about because they got what they paid for.

Unknown-1-662.jpegUnknown-1-662.jpeg
#29 10 years ago

There was a lot of talk about the Gold version early last year, hopefully it is still on the backburner, its a shame they are releasing this other pile of camel crap before the Gold.

I suppose this Lugli version will be the rarest one as they won't be selling too many of them. I doubt if they would sell 100 worldwide.

#30 10 years ago

The new LE then....

#31 10 years ago

So ACDC Gold could hit the 10k mark then?!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So ACDC Gold could hit the 10k mark then?!

Yes.

It will be the most coveted machine ever. Those who can buy expensive toys will sell their premiums to buy one, and those who would love to have one but can't afford it will criticise Stern for breaking the 10K ceiling.

images-5-892.jpegimages-5-892.jpeg
#33 10 years ago

Sure. I only have one ACDC edition (premium) now so am in the market for another version or two. not.....

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sure. I only have one ACDC edition (premium) now so am in the market for another version or two. not.....

My point precisely! Why would anyone who had a premium buy another premium? I suppose some people will but many more people with a Premium would buy a Gold!

images-5-2.jpegimages-5-2.jpeg
#35 10 years ago

So far 9 Pinsiders polled have indicated they would buy an AC/DC Gold "Long Way to the Top" Special Edition machine, at a gold plated price.

I think we need a handful more Pinsiders to vote "yes" before declaring that Stern would sell 100 units world-wide.

Why wouldn't Stern build 100 if they knew they would sell them?

Keep the votes coming in ...

images-5-384.jpegimages-5-384.jpeg
#36 10 years ago

Enough accadacca already.

#37 10 years ago

You crack me up Aussiepin

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You crack me up Aussiepin

Is you don't ask, you don't get. Right?

Unknown-1-408.jpegUnknown-1-408.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-gold-long-way-to-the-top-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.