Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freezie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, I am hoping for some help here. I have an AC/DC Premium and there is the 5 bank drop targets on the left hand side (A-C-/-D-C). the first three are controlled together on one board behind the drop target and the last two are controlled together. On occasion, and getting to be more and more common, as soon as you start a game the first three (which are controlled together) will go up and down like a machine gun and then end up down and stay down. There is no friction on the three drop targets, and no friction on the coil. it does appear, visually that the coil is only pushing the targets up halfway. I have replaced all the High Current Transistors and the Bridge rectifier, that are attached to this drop bank, and it fixed it for a couple days and is back at the ole machine gun again. Has anyone experienced this before? or is it just time to buy a new driver board?

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like a bad drop target opto. Transistors and bridges are not the problem.

A failed transistor would lock the coil, not fire it rapidly.

Try reseating the drop target connector on that board the drops attach to.

And definitely do not need a new driver board!

#3 7 years ago

ya i tried re-seating all the connectors, and 'cleaned' the optos with alcohol. maybe i should try and switch out the opto's form the little board and see if the problem follows? but again if "a" opto is bad wouldn't just the one drop target fail. my issue is all three drop and go up simultaneously.

#4 7 years ago

oh and thanks for responding pinballkyle

#5 7 years ago

No weird behavior in switch tests?

#6 7 years ago

nope they test fine.

#7 7 years ago

oh and another little bit of information that might be important , i borrowed a friends driver board form his AC/DC premium for a couple weeks and the problem never occurred. that is why i think it is the driver board and possibly the transistors. but I have replaced them and the problem still persists. what else on that board could cause the problem?

#8 7 years ago

Also check the housing didn't come loose or the black plastic bar is t broken

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 7 years ago

On the drop targets?

#10 7 years ago

There is a 2 dollar plastic ledge they rest on when up. I had a broken one on mine that caused this, and loose mounts in the assy.

#11 7 years ago

Ok thanks I will take a closer look at this tonight ... thanks for your help.... although I still think it has something to do with the driver board because of swapping out another board and it eliminating the issue. But I will take the drop target apart tonight and see if I can see any difference from the one side of targets to the other. Thanks again for your thoughts

#12 7 years ago

The ledge is mounted to the pf if I remember right. Good luck, I know how annoying mine became. In any case if that's part of the issue, pinball life has them and they are one part that is cheap.

#13 7 years ago

Sorry yes the housing for drop targets especially at the bottom reset bar
But also sounds like it could be a board issue if goes away with different board

4 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

Did you get this solved? I replaced all my drops, and also found the whole assembly to be rather loose at the bottom. All tightened and adjusted and I haven't had the issue since.

#15 6 years ago

Oh yes.... it did stop.... but I am honestly trying to remember what the solution was..... I think it might have been the connector.... I will think about it and update the thread for future resource...

#16 6 years ago

The targets machine gunning was a bad opto board on my game. Had connectors reflowed and fixed problem.

1 month later
#17 6 years ago

thanks , mine is doing the same , shot gunning up and down about half way , i will look at the board tomorrow as i have already tried the washer trick on the ledge , it didnt help at all .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-drop-targets-like-a-machine-gun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.