Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rickwh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

This is a new problem for me, it's a AcDc premium.

I'll be playing a game and the ball will drain, as if you had lost the ball and so it powers the flippers off. It doesn't give a tilt effect just the ball will be in play but the game acts as if the ball has drained.

Doesn't happen often so I don't know exactly what precipitates this, has only happend like 4 times so far.

Side question, I have modified code meaning custom songs. But it doesn't seem to regester any game audits is that normal?

#2 8 years ago

Famously shit connectors at the trough.

Reseat those connectors and problem should go away. Not sure if anybody has come up with a permanent fix yet.

#3 8 years ago

Bingo. Had same issue with AC/DC Premium too. Did not happened a lot but a few times is a few times too many.

Verify all you connectors make sure they are tight and secure.

That's what solve the issue for me. Did that 1 year ago, problem never came back.

#4 8 years ago

Zip tie the connectors to the trough boards. It will stop them from coming loose due to vibration.

Marc

#5 8 years ago

Same thing happened over the weekend. Pinside is a great resource... found an old thread. Reseated... Fixed.

#6 8 years ago

I am having the same exact problem. "Shit connectors at the trough" is what I've heard too. I play it every so often and forget to fix it each time. Does put a damper on a good game in progress!

#7 8 years ago

+1

Happens to the best of us, usually during an unbelievable game when you're about to cash in that sweet jackpot and then... FUCK!!!!

#8 8 years ago

yep, happened to me, just reseated the connectors, no problems since.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Same thing happened over the weekend. Pinside is a great resource... found an old thread. Reseated... Fixed.

Do you have the link?

#10 8 years ago

yes happens on my Met also, re seated all connectors all seems ok for now

#11 8 years ago

How about the audits, do they not work when out have a pinball browser modified code?

#12 8 years ago

just lift the play field (take the balls out first!), and push all the little connectors that are near the trough. One of them is likely loose.

#14 8 years ago

Yes, reseating the connectors will work in the short term. Permanent fix is to replace those IDC connectors with LOCKING connectors and trifurcon crimp contacts. Also replace the solder in the optos with leaded stuff. Don't bother with zip ties, it'll just come back with the amount of vibration in the trough. We've had ACDC Prem and ST Pro out on route with these issues, and have found this to take care of the problems.

#15 8 years ago

Same here on my BIBLE reseated them a few times already, dam shaker motors don't help either
Pincades

#16 8 years ago

Pinside is too funny...I just had this happen on my Luci machine twice this weekend. I was kinda worried! We reset the connectors this morning, fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for the information and rai for the post!

#17 8 years ago

I've seen some high play operators go connectorless and solder the wires directly to the board since this is such a common reoccurring problem.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Pinside is too funny...I just had this happen on my Luci machine twice this weekend. I was kinda worried! We reset the connectors this morning, fingers crossed.
Thanks everyone for the information and rai for the post!

Ha, too funny on AcDc too.

I had a party and it happened to a guest. I was kind of embarrassed since I was trying to tell them how trouble free my pins are.

Also, can't recall if it was AcDc but I think it shot out 2 balls one time or fed another ball into play as one was playing, not sure if this is the same issue.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I've seen some high play operators go connectorless and solder the wires directly to the board since this is such a common reoccurring problem.

Pretty sure Firebird Pinball in PHX does this to every Stern that comes in.

#20 8 years ago

We haven't had any more issues since re-setting the connectors!, (40 games played). Hopefully this is/was the simple fix!

Thanks guys.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from theke:

We haven't had any more issues since re-setting the connectors!, (40 games played). Hopefully this is/was the simple fix!
Thanks guys.

It will eventually come back. So every time I have the glass off, to give my pins a wipe down, I make sure the connectors are tight. U can actually check them through the icon door if you don't wanna pull the glass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-drains-mid-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.