Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bigbossfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I did a search, but couldn't find anything, so if this issue has been raised before I apologize in advance!!

So, when you start a game, the first time you put the ball up the left ramp it is supposed to get diverted to the cannon. Mine doesn't do that. I know the diverter works because when I play FTABTR, it diverts it everytime. I just looked through the service menu and couldn't for the life of me find where this settting would be to determine if something is screwed up. Can anyone assist??

Also, another sporadic problem. Ball trough will kick out two balls quite frequently when I'm playing. Other times it won't. For example, played the pin a couple of days ago, did it numerous times. Today I've played for about an hour, hasn't done it once. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

#2 10 years ago

I don't think mine gets loaded into the cannon right off the bat from the left, only the right ramp.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Ball trough will kick out two balls

Check if the arm that kicks the ball is hitting the last switch in the ball trough.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I did a search, but couldn't find anything, so if this issue has been raised before I apologize in advance!!
So, when you start a game, the first time you put the ball up the left ramp it is supposed to get diverted to the cannon. Mine doesn't do that. I know the diverter works because when I play FTABTR, it diverts it everytime. I just looked through the service menu and couldn't for the life of me find where this settting would be to determine if something is screwed up. Can anyone assist??
Also, another sporadic problem. Ball trough will kick out two balls quite frequently when I'm playing. Other times it won't. For example, played the pin a couple of days ago, did it numerous times. Today I've played for about an hour, hasn't done it once. Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance guys and gals!

I'm guessing you bought yours used? There is a setting to disable 'light cannon at start of game' or something to this manner. Check that - maybe try a factory reset?

For the ball trough issue, re-seed the 2 connectors to the opto board at the trough board. I think you can reach/see them through the coin door but you may need to prop the pf on the apron rail.

#5 10 years ago

Nope Eskaybee, NIB. I didn't change any settings. But ya, I can try a factory reset for sure.

When you say re-seed....you mean, unplug and plug back in??

#6 10 years ago

It also depends on which song you choose to start. If you choose Rock n Roll train it will not get diverted. You must shoot the right ramp in that song.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Nope Eskaybee, NIB. I didn't change any settings. But ya, I can try a factory reset for sure.
When you say re-seed....you mean, unplug and plug back in??

Yes

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It also depends on which song you choose to start. If you choose Rock n Roll train it will not get diverted. You must shoot the right ramp in that song.

What he said

#9 10 years ago

OK guys, thanks for the replies. I'll try this tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure none of the songs other than FTABTR divert off the left ramp.

#10 10 years ago

should be able to make the cannon from either ramp right off the bat. Except R&R train as stated before. Somethings not reading right or your ramp switch might not be acknowledging every time.

#11 10 years ago

OK, I'm a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!! Was looking at this last night, trying to figure out why the diverter wouldn't go down. So, here's the scoop. I installed some of the pinbit mods (guitars and drums). Drum was blocking the diverter from going down. DOH!

Loosened it up, moved the drum over about 1/4 inch. Works like a charm now. Sorry for wasting your time folks......yup, egg on my face big time!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.