5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2116 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Interesting problem here, modifying GOT. I recorded a few of The Hound's callouts, using Audacity and loopback recording (WASAP). They sound perfectly normal in Windows and in the import preview, but when I import them over an existing callout they're sped up about 500% - it sounds like The Chipmunks. I haven't tried flashing the game with the new code so I don't know whether it's just a problem with the playback in Pinball Browser. Will report back soon.
The Hound saying "For f*&k's sake!!!" has to be one of the best Tilt sounds ever recorded. Not as good sped up

This is easy to fix.
1. Export the sound clip with an earlier version of PB or Use whatever sound capture software you're comfortable with
2. With Audacity use the "change tempo" modification. This will keep the pitch the same. Double the time of your "chipmunk " clip. The result will be exactly what you want and expect.
3. The clip was also down sampled. Try decreasing 1 to 3 do and then boosting the sound with the "compressor" mod. You'll need to experiment a bit.

1 month later
#2154 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Anybody successfully use the communication patch to change high scores/adjustments, etc? I tried to load the patch on Metallica 1.7 and didn't have any luck. Had a message saying " Warning cannot relocate patch" and "Data is out of range". Maybe it is hit & miss as to what games/code versions it works with?

Had this issue several times colorizing SMVE with daily incremental updates. The file somehow became corrupted.

Only way I could resolve it was to start with a virgin binary file and patch it with the comm patch before doing anything else. Set the patched binary for serial side channel. Reload all changes via the macro.

If you load subsequent things to the binary through macros, either take out the comm patch line from macro or comment it out with "--" at the beginning of the line. Either way you will get an error "cannot locate ..." Just click through and the rest of the macro will run.

Not sure if this will work for the new MET patch but it did for 1.0. SMVE and the subsequent update.

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I did start with the stock binary file, and got those messages. Not sure what "set the patched binary for serial side channel" means - probably didn't get that far along.

Sorry thought you were doing color. Your best bet at this point is to contact Olivier for help.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Stern has removed the code for the serial port in MTL v1.7 and the communication patch v1.19 can't work with it.

Yikes! This is bad news for everyone working on home brew color solutions for their games knowing the it is possible the future code updates will preclude them from using the side-channel color palettes.

Not being able to make remote adjustments to scores would be inconvenient but losing the side-channel color would be heart breaking.

I can report that the comm patch still works with the recent SMVE 1.01 update.

#2162 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

what do you mean with serial patch?
i am working on ST LE now
i just activated side channel serial
must i load and execute some other patches ?!?
thx

Follow Olivier's notes.
I spent several days pulling out my hair trying to get the serial side channel to work, until I understood the process.
1. Start with your virgin binary file for your game.
2. Load the comm patch that is included in the Pinball Browser folder before you do anything else.
3. After the binary file is patched, configure your PB for serial side channel.
4. Have fun colorizing

#2168 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Don't worry, your heart won't be broken for too long

Great news. Hopefully I'll be picking up a MET soon.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v5.80 is now available (download link in OP) :
- The communication patch has been updated for MTL17LE and other new firmwares (where the serial driver has been removed)
- It is now possible to import/export images (but the exported files can only be imported in PB)
Many thanks to pinsider Sirlonzelot for his tests on the new communication patch.

Thanks oga83 and Sirlonzelot for working together to get this updated version out!

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I have my Pinball Browser 5.76 configured to check for updates at startup, but it doesn't update to 5.80. Can I just download 5.80 and re-enter the license information?

yes, your previous license will work.

3 months later
#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would love to add some music off the soundtrack on SM 2. Anyone else change SM background music ?

I've done lots of call out mods and modified the closing music to include the original animated theme fade in and out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification#post-3141003

Not hard but a bit time consuming reloading the binary

2 weeks later
#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

bump - can someone with more experience than me confirm?

Metallica - yes, if Hero of the Day is longer than Unforgiven it will end at the length of the Unforgiven song. If Hero is shorter, you'll have silence at the end of the song making up the time of the full Unforgiven song.

Ghostbusters - I don't have experience with Spike games. But according to the OP, in the very first post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012), Pinball Browser should work with Spike. The same clipping/silence would apply if the replacement song is longer/shorter, respectively.

1 year later
5 months later
#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from PatrickH:

Hi all! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find any info on it after looking through this thread and the FAQ:
I'm trying to export animations and images from within the "display" tab of Pinball Browser. I exported ~44 frames from ST 2013, however the file format exported is ".pbi". I can't seem to find any info on this file type anywhere. Could anyone point me towards any info on this file extension? Converting to something like .PNG would be great, but even just info on how the pixel info is stored in this container would be plenty - I'll just be using these files to render animations within my own DMD display software (just a clock/display similar to "RunDMD") so if I knew how to access pixel data in this format, that would be just as good!
Any pointers would be amazing - and thanks to oga83 for your work! I spent hours last night just exploring all the resources packed in the Star Trek 2013 game code - so cool!!

I believe .pbi is specific to the software. Image export (in a standard format) was removed at one point and later added back into the software. Possibly copyright issues.

1 year later
#3774 3 years ago

Have you tried reducing the peak levels? I’ve experienced popping in the past using audacity and reimporting.

Once I adjusted the max volume levels downward in the clip, the popping stopped.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:None that I've tried, no.
Here's a screen shot of a TWD sound file in Audacity. Note the sample and bit rates - 24K and 32.
Even if I take care to tailor any sound I hope to import to also be 24K and saved at 32-bit, I still get the awful popping. I've tried ignoring the sample rate and just importing sounds at 41K, but, again, it helps me not.[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.95
$ 85.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 218.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.