• 3,630 posts
  • 559 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by timlah79
  • Topic is favorited by 667 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 313 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jpedits.jpg
bandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-36-011 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-51-710 (resized).jpg
miss (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20200403_075050_724 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20200403_072428 (resized).jpg
Stranger things empty sounds (resized).jpg
IronMaiden (resized).jpg
Raw import (resized).png
P1110826 (resized).JPG
P1110821 (resized).JPG
700 (resized).jpg
665 (resized).jpg
Pinball_Browser_665 (resized).JPG
Pinball_Browser700B4 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (6 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (6 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (6 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (6 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (6 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (6 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (6 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (4 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#322 6 years ago

I will bet any money, the fact that we can hack these pins will equate to more sales for Stern. I can honestly say my ACDC will never be sold if I can add, "Listen to your money talk", "Who Made Who" "Dirty Deeds" "Big balls".............Oh and what about adding, "Whiskey in the Jar" and "Hero of the day" to my future Metallica. Wait until Iron Maiden comes next year. This is the most exciting discovery yet in my opinion. I cannot believe this thread is not at 10,000 hits.

#351 6 years ago

OK, need some help with my ACDC pro V1.65. I replaced Let there be rock with Dirty Deeds and the update keeps on failing after step 1 of 3. It says error 8. Any idea what could be causing it. I know the song is shorter, but I thought that was ok? I did everything as instructed. I assume when everyone else gets the update fail, they are at the end of 3 of 3?

#354 6 years ago

Yup, that did it. Thanks guys!!!! This rocks!!!!

#399 6 years ago

Ok, so after a day of trying to modify "Who Made Who", I am officially giving up. The song is not balanced enough to pull it off without having a ton of static. Maybe I can try a live version.

Added
Shoot To Thrill
Dirty Deeds
It's a Long Way to the Top
Money Talks

Removed
Back In Black (difficult choice)
Whole Lotta Rosy
Let there be rock
Hell ain't a bad place to be.

#427 6 years ago

So who is going to b the first to do a total retheme and is there anything holding anyone back...........This software seems to address everything needed.

1 year later
#1714 4 years ago

Oga83.......You my friend make me so happy, I could seriously cry. You have done more for pinball than anyone individual I can think of. The ability to customize your machine to your liking is huge........I cannot thank you enough. Nick

7 months later
#1946 4 years ago

Having trouble guys . Despite adjusting the song length to the exact song request length size and I even tried smaller length, pinball browser does not want to let me import??? It is letting me replace smaller requests, but not the main track?? Any thoughts?

image_(resized).jpg

#1948 4 years ago

It appears it was the free vs. registered version. Not sure why he doesn't just tell people you need to pay now?

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It's christmas : Pinball Browser v5.50 for Whitestar owners has been released
With this version, you can play and modify the sounds of Whitestar games : just open the .U7 file.
It was a big challenge as the sound requests and scripts are far more complicated than in a Sam or Spike game.
Some repetitive midi-like musics use loops and branches (to save eprom space).
As Pinball Browser only renders one loop, these musics might sound different than the game .
This version is still in test. Let me know if you find any issue.
pb550_(resized).png

Awesome!!! Thank you Oliver! You are one of the best things to happen to pinball!

1 year later
#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

While updating the new KISS code 1.3.0 I've found what appears to be a wall created by Stern to stop PB customizers. I downloaded the latest code and customized it to my previous version (1.28). Installed the code and everything seemed the same. However, after the update I decided to make a couple more tweaks to the code and attempted to reinstall the latest code again. I'm greeted by the message "UPDATE COMPLETE. REMOVE USB FLASH DRIVE AND CYCLE POWER". WTF?????? I defaulted the machine and tried again. NOTHING! I then tried to install an older code version in hopes of then reinstalling the new code with my preferred changes. NOTHING! It appears that once a new code is installed Stern has bricked the machine and no further code installations are possible. It seems you get one chance and one chance only to modify your code with each new update. Unless I'm missing something this appears to be a HUGE "F**K YOU" to us PB customizers. This from a company that strips playfields, tells us that chipped clear and ghosting are normal, sends out splitting cabinets, raises prices, asks its customers to beg for the chance to pay for a $15000 machine and bans its customers from its FB page for asking about code progress. Has anyone else run into this issue? Hopefully I'm wrong or there is a way around this crap.

I've had no issues. When the update is complete, pull the USB and shut off the game and turn it back on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside