5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4645 2 years ago

Hello. I have an AC/DC pro machine with a pin2dmd display installed, I am running code 1.70. I am looking for the color macro from MikeD. Does anyone know where to get the macro or who to contact to get one? I see the 1.68LE in the repository. There is updated versions for the v-pin but I just can't seem to find the real pin update.

Thanks for reading.

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

miked lost his files for ac/dc quite a while ago. I know because I was going to help out and fix what was still left to do about 3-4 years ago

Thank you for the info. Looks like I’ll have to go do a traditional coloring with the editor.

#4669 2 years ago

I am attempting to utilize the ACDC 1.68LE macro on the repository to create a macro for 1.70 pro. Does anyone have a link to the 1.68 LE code? All that is available from the Stern site is 1.70s. I am pretty sure I need to compare the codes of the 1.68LE to the 1.70 pro. Find the correct ShiftIds necessary to map the LE coloring onto the Pro code.

I have the necessary shifts needed to go from 1.68LE to 1.70LE (Rensh post). I just can't reverse it correctly to map the pro.

#4671 2 years ago

Thanks to Ashram56 for the files. Was able to color ACDC Pro version 1.70 using MikeD's 1.68LE macro. I used the following ShiftIds

ShiftId,0,0x1a,0x40
ShiftId,0,0x1c,0x1a
ShiftId,0,0x38,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x3a,0x36
ShiftId,0,0x4e,0x58
ShiftId,0,0x64,0x70
ShiftId,0,0xb5,0xc4
ShiftId,0,0xb7,0xc8
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5b2
ShiftId,0,0x1b96,0x1bc8
ShiftId,0,0x1ba7,0x1bdd

There is a few extra images that are new to the 1.70pro. All the new images are in the portals menu.

I am a rookie when it comes to pinball browser (under a week). For me to make any color changes to the missing portal colors. I had to run the 1.68LE with shiftids to make a new savable BIN. Then I loaded that newly saved BIN and started making color changes, creating a new small macro for just portal updates. I made a few other changes in colors besides the portal menu as well.

Thanks to everyone who I bothered with questions on pms.

Next challenge is to change 3 songs and then update the BIN to reflect the new song titles. Gotta have, Dirty Deeds, Big Balls and Shoot to Thrill.

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Let me know how you make out w the song changes. I found AC/DC pretty tough with different sound clips for before the ball is launched and after. So getting the two to line up without a gap seems nearly impossible.

Trying to figure out what do with songs that are too long or short. With the short ones does everyone just loop the song to match length, not worry about the song cutting off mid way? Too long, are you trimming the intro, or just let it cut out and start again mid song?

Did some reading and when you change the main song, the clips generated from that song will be done automatically for sound bytes used in the game. I was hoping to just use Big Balls for when you get you initials up. This is a sound clip from one of the main songs. I will attempt to load the Big Balls in its place to see if it will work.

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

When I added Shoot to Thrill, I had to do two separate sound files for ball launch and after ball launch. The ball launch sound file had to repeat in case the player didn't release the ball right away. So it had to be put in a loop and edited very carefully so it sounded ok as a repeat. Won't work for all songs. I don't think you can just replace one Request Number on PB and it will replace all of the Request Numbers for that song.
For example, I replaced War Machine with Shoot to Thrill. If you look at Request 214, it is 7s 500ms, which is the intro before the ball is launched. Request 215 plays after the ball is launched, so the two have to blend perfectly. Depending on when the player launches the ball, this will determine when Request 214 will cut off. Anyway, maybe there is an easier way. For games where the entire song continues (IM, Aerosmith), you don't have this splicing issue.

I have experimented with the songs. I understand the loop you are saying when the player doesn’t plunge the ball right away. I edited down shoot to thrill to 4:17 by trimming the start, and middle of the song. Trying to get splices to not seem too abrupt.

For Dirty Deeds, edited the song down to 3mins and looped it twice for Ain’t No Place.

Just changed the song request 304 and 307 (I only have a pro machine). I didn’t work on the clips at the other requests that are associated with 304 and 307. Playing the game, the other requests seem to be pretty smooth.

Last change was Big Balls to the end of the game song. It’s suppose to be 4 plus minutes. I clipped Big Balls into 2 minutes and looped it. If you go over the 4 minutes silence is ok for me.

3 weeks later
#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

To update the song names in AC/DC, is it pretty straight forward? Do you just update the text in "Messages" tab with the same length name? Thanks for the help!

Yes. Do it in Messages and High Scores.

I changed a bunch of other messages too.

Example
tilt now says Dumbass
Keep shooting is now Lucky Bastard
Slam Tilt is now Soooo Stupid
Participate in Local Tourneys - welcome to my gameroom message.

4 months later
#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Does anybody maybe finish a POTC-Stern sound update (with real music from movie)?

There is a fantastic update with sounds and songs from the Pirates ride at Disney.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=stebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.