1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1513 9 years ago

I don't see Demolition Man in this list. Does that mean it isn't compatible? I just read about the SmartDMD thing and I'm trying to do some research and see if I can make it work with mine. I would love a color screen!

If it would work with my machine, my understanding is that I can color the animations and change the game sounds?

I'm also a little confused on how to interface with the pinball machine in the first place.

4 years later
#3254 4 years ago

I'm trying to play around with this to see if I can swap out the audio files on my Metallica. I'm getting an error when I use the "Download from Stern" button, so I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to download from Stern? Is it the game code, or the SD Card image I need?

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Download the game file. Make a copy of it so you have the original. Then open the copy in Pinball Browser and change away!

I opened the file I downloaded from Stern and found the address codes for the songs (bad ass that it pulled them from the Internet for me).

Do I just click the down arrow for that line and hit Import and point it to the new song? It really can't be that easy can it? If it really is that easy, I'll be sending money via PayPal to the creator in about 60 seconds.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3259 4 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by Message Location? Please bear with me on this since it's literally the first time I've opened the program.

#3260 4 years ago

So I've been messing around with this a little more and I think I'm getting close.

It looks like there are multiple scripts (calls?) for the song at different points in the song. For example, there are 9 scripts for Master of Puppets that appear to start at different points in the song. If I want to replace that song, do I just need to import the song into the longest duration script and the software handles the rest, or do I need 9 different length audio files and need to import them into each of the 9 scripts?

Scripts (resized).JPGScripts (resized).JPG

Also, it looks like I can go to messages, search for Master of Puppets, edit that and it will display the name of the song I'm replacing it with when it appears on the DMD? Is that correct? So I'd just edit 0x773 and viola, it will change it on the song selection screen?

Messages (resized).JPGMessages (resized).JPG

#3262 4 years ago

Awesome. Thanks.

I'll have to wait until I get home since it looks like the license key is only valid for one computer. I don't want to activate it at work and then have to pay again when I get home.

#3263 4 years ago

Has anyone done a Metallica before? I got the songs swapped using the bookmarked script locations. It appears to work, but seems a little unusual.

If you start a game and choose a song (but not plunge), some songs give you a 30s preview and others are only a 4s preview. I guess I just assumed it would either preview the song for the same length of time or just play the entire song.

I was also in multiball and heard the same section of a song playing over and over and over. Once out of multiball it seemed to return to normal.

Is it supposed to do that or did I mess something up?

4 months later
#3448 4 years ago

Quick question about working off the SD card. I know it was recommended that you create a new image on a new card, keeping the old one as a backup. However, with the availability of the images directly from Stern, that isn't necessary anymore, correct?

I can just write to the existing card and if anything happens, load the factory image from Stern?

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, you can do it that way. But it's nice to just have the modified SD card and Stock SD card loaded and ready to go.
I download the SD image from Stern and duplicate the file on my computer and label one stock and work on the copy version in Pinball Browser.

I have a new SD card. How do I take the ROM downloaded from Stern and merge it with the file from Pinball Browser?

I'm starting to get confused as to how all these files fit together.

I'm working with Metallica and have a MTL180.bin file that I've edited.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have a new SD card. How do I take the ROM downloaded from Stern and merge it with the file from Pinball Browser?

Ignore my post. Metallica doesn’t use an SD card apparently, so I copied the .BIN file to a USB drive and going to update it that way.

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

Running v7.01 using CrossFire on MacOS Mojave - very new to Pinball Browser, just downloaded it today. Trying to replace sounds but when I import the new wav file and list of sounds is reloaded the application seems to hang. If I force the application to close, then re-open, the sounds I imported are there, so it appears be working, but is hanging when it reloads the list. I get the same behavior if I try and sort the list by size, etc. Anyone else experiencing this?

It takes my laptop about 30-45 seconds to embed the song during which time it appears to hang. Just wait it out and it should come back.

#3461 4 years ago

So I'm messing around with Metallica and was wondering if there was a faster way for me to be making my changes. Right now, I make the changes and then update the code, which can take 25-30 minutes.

Then I'll play a test game, find out I need to increase the volume of a song, or forgot to change text somewhere and it's back to the drawing board and it's another 25 minutes to update.

Is there a faster way?

2 weeks later
#3574 3 years ago

I made some changes to Metallica, including editing of some text on one of the screens as a joke. The problem is that screen is no longer in color on my ColorDMD. It's just yellow, which I think might be the default or something.

Anyway know how to fix that issue?

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This attitude is exactly why Stern has no choice but to implement these measures.
It’s been abused. People are trying to monetize it. Stern is at huge legal risk if they don’t try to stop it. Clearly, they should have acted earlier, as you can see the sense of entitlement on display.

And I'm sure you're going to be the first one in line when they start adding DLC to their machines. "Want some new modes? Just PayPal us $99.99 for an unlock code". "Using your game in a tournament and want to remove the randomization? Just send us $59.99 to enable tournament mode". "Add some extra tracks to your new Iron Maiden machine today, for the low price of $24.99".

11 months later
#4463 3 years ago

Anyone know how I can create an image of my Metallica SD Card? I know with the newer games you can just download the SD Card Image from Stern's website. I wanted to have multiple cards for the game. One for the regular music, one for disco, one for rap, etc.

Is it as easy as just using imaging software to copy the data from the existing card?

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Metallica doesn't use SD cards, it's a SAM game with built-in flash memory. You'll have to reprogram it from a USB stick each time you want to change the music.

And how I didn't know that was beyond me. It's not like I didn't already change all my songs. This getting old thing is for the birds.

Thanks @metallik

#4466 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to loop a song? Meaning if I put in a 5m song for a slot that's 7m, is there a way to easily loop it to just start at the beginning? I don't really care if it gets cut off at the 7m mark and starts again. I was just looking for a way to get rid of any silence.

1 year later
#5235 1 year ago

I haven't used this software in awhile and when I opened it I was prompted to upgrade from v7 to v8.23. Now that I've upgraded it appears to have killed my license. It looks like it's now a yearly subscription model as opposed to a one time license?

Anyone know if it can be downgraded? It's a little annoying that there wasn't anything that warned me that an upgrade to the new version would require a migration to a different licensing model.

I realize software takes a lot of time to design and maintain and I have no problem paying. My annoyance was with the lack of notification. Had I know the licensing model would have changed, I would have declined. I just wanted to change one song.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 78.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.