1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2277 7 years ago

I can't thank Olivier enough for creating the Pinball Browser and sending me betas to help get Ghostbusters up and running. He is great asset for our community. He literally found the new format of the Ecto Goggles video and had an editor for it up in running over a weekend!

Just wanted to share a little bit about what I've done so far. I've replaced the cat from Ecto Goggles with Vigo. That seemed like the obvious one to pull, not being a ghost. In addition, the cat rarely shows up, so that way Vigo too can be a rare event. I pulled the cat sounds. Game now says "The Scourge of Carpathia" when Vigo shows up. When the opto is triggered, video of him getting blasted with appropriate sounds is displayed.

Also, I replaced the music track of Midnight Madness with the Higher and Higher song from the 2nd movie. Fits very nicely with Midnight Madness since the Ghostbusters had to stop Vigo by Midnight.

Not for everyone, but just examples of what you can do with Pinball Browser. Enjoy!

#2278 7 years ago

And the Midnight Madness changes.

#2280 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is it possible to add a startup sound with Pinball Browser similar to what you can do with Pinsound? For instance when I turn on my Ghostbusters pin and the game is loading can an sound effect or short 10 second sound clip be played before going into the game? I would love to have that short music at the beginning of the movie when they are showing the outside of the library play when you turn it on.
I would also like to replace the attract mode/end game music but I've been told it will also change the in game music because it's a shared audio file. Is that for sure the case?

That particular clip of the song is unique to the game being over. Just like the clip that plays when you enter your initials, or the instrumental version that plays during the game. All different.

The problem is, I can't find the end game music in Pinball Browser. I can find all the other clips.

I'm working with Olivier right now to try to find it. I'll report back.

#2283 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

On the recording I have, the clip starts with 2 notes (probably sound scripts 0x102 and 0x104)
and continues with sound script 0x5aa.
Sound script 0x5aa is repeated 3 times, the last one being faded out.

Thanks!

Scripts 0x102 and 0x104 are from the bonus being added up. That's my fault for not cutting it out of the recording I sent you.

I'm very surprised it was a loop. I never made it down below 20 seconds. I was convinced that was an actual section from the Ghostbusters song. Thanks for finding that.

It is disappointing. I don't think there is a good 12 second section of Bobby Brown's song that will loop and still sound decent.

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't looked at all the sound files yet. Are you saying there are no sound files that are at least 1 minute of length?

There are a few, but they may not be in the part of the game that you're wanting.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Sinestro, this is really damn cool. I used the Pinball-Browser to change out all the songs on my AC/DC, but what you've done is awesome. Can you share the details on how you replaced the cat video? Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Olivier has hit it out of the park with this latest update.

Sure! All of the images in the Ecto Goggles are all contained in one video file. For the creatures, there are a few frames of movement (which the game loops) and a few frames of them being vanquished (when you hit them with the pinball). The cat is stationary, but it's few frames are a glowing effect around it, and then a few frames of it running away when the ball hits it.

I grabbed the video of Vigo from You Tube. I own this movie on Blu-Ray, so I had no qualms about that. Clipped a couple of seconds of Vigo's head in the painting. Cropped the widescreen video to 4:3. Did the same thing with him getting blasted by the proton packs for when the ball hits him. Olivier's interface for the video let's you pin start and stop points for the video you are importing. I would guess that it re-encodes the entire video with you new clip. Find the frame that the cat appears, and the last frame before he runs. Then you have to do it again for the 2nd video clip (Vigo getting blasted). Find where the cat starts to run and the last frame of the cat running away.

Used the audio of him getting blasted from that same clip. For the head, I used audio of him saying "The Scourge of Carpathia" Find the cat's two sound clips (for appearing in the goggles and then running away) and replace. They need to be similar lengths. "Scourge of Carpathia" fits perfectly time-wise, and announces he's appeared in the goggles. The cat running away sound is about 1.5 seconds, so your Vigo getting blasted sound should be the same.

#2290 7 years ago

I Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".
Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific to the first movie.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nice job!
How long of a clip is it?

24.5 seconds

1 week later
#2311 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I've new to the program. I'm a MAC user. I downloaded a trial of crossover and got pinball browser installed. I downloaded the MET bin file from Stern and uploaded into the program. I can see and play the dmd clips, but the sound files will not play and comes up with an error when I try and play them in the program. Any ideas?

Did you include .NET in your bottle?

Olivier, what's the minimum version of the .NET framework needed for Pinball Browser?

#2319 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Damn. I have a PC at work, but my security settings won't allow me to run it. Even when I select that I trust the publisher, nothing happens...

Crossover is cheap.

1 week later
#2334 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

BTW, do you have any suggestions for the future v6 ?
(don't ask for longer songs because it's not possible )
I already have a list of great features and I'm working full time on this version

Can you share your list of great features?

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

anyone have step by step instructions on how to get this working on a Mac with crossover? I have crossover installed and am having a hard time with the .net 4.0 install.

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/microsoft-net-framework-40

Click step 2.

1 month later
#2356 6 years ago

You can cat the files on Max OS X too. Just use the Terminal.

1 month later
#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm having a issue with my pinball browser on my mac.
Everything seems fine but when I try to import a new sound it doesn't seem to load it.
Any ideas?

Are you using Crossover?

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, using crossover. Everything seems to work but the importing of the new sound file.

I've fired up PB in Crossover and cracked open game code to look at frames, etc., but never used it to import a sound. I fired up VMWare running Windows 7 for actual editing.

1 week later
#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nobody has experienced this issue that can help me out?

You need to get VMWare and Windows 7.

Or do it on a friend's PC.

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does VMware work in lieu of installing a program like boot camp to run windows?

Boot Camp is for dual-Booting. With Boot Camp, you're booting up the machine with Windows, and it is essentially a PC at that point.

VMWare let's you virtualize Windows. It runs Windows right along side the Mac OS.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but both require a copy of Windows.

Crossover is a reverse engineering of the Windows API. It lets you run many Windows programs WITHOUT needing Windows, but not everything magically works. However, it is the cheapest overall, since you don't need to buy a copy of Windows.

1 month later
#2406 6 years ago

So awesome......

1 month later
#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

OK quick follow up. I bought a new, larger flash drive and I was able to update and reinstall the current code without any problems.

So, in other words, Stern wasn't out to get you.

#2430 6 years ago

No. However I stand by my statement regarding Stern's recent QC issues, business practices and PR management. Unfortunately sometimes it's hard not to assume the worst when dealing with Stern.

Interesting. I've never had anything but quality service from them.

1 week later
#2434 6 years ago

There's numerous threads detailing their cost cutting, poor QC and terrible customer service. Small problems aren't the issue and Chas is wonderful to deal with. I didn't mean to derail this thread with my rant. Back to PB!!

Yes, I know there are threads on here about Stern's QC. A few vocal people on Pinside does not a trend make.

1 month later
#2472 6 years ago

Pinball Browser converts assets for you now days. You no longer need to use 3rd party software.

2 weeks later
#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ya know, for the big tourney on Sat., I think I would prefer all Christopher Cross and Air Supply. Somebody help a brother out!

I must break you in the tourney.

2 months later
#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is the easiest way to get the browser to work on a Mac?
Any chance someone can write a quick tutorial for us Mac users?
This is my one regret getting rid of Windows.

The most full-proof way is to buy VMWare Fusion and get a copy of Windows. Then you can run Windows in a virtual environment. This is how I use PB on my Mac.

Secondly, you could try out Crossover for Mac. It lets you run most Windows software without actually running the Windows OS. It's cheaper than the first suggestion, but not everything runs. PB has worked for me in Crossover in terms of viewing assets in the code, but I've never tried to modify or use any of the advanced features under Crossover, so I can't say for certain all features will work.

The author of PB is an amazing programmer and a great guy who is always there to help. If I could make a humble suggestion to him, it would be to check out Xojo, a modern VB-like language that creates cross platform apps (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, web) with a common language and IDE. No runtimes or any garbage like that, just pure native apps.

https://www.xojo.com

2 months later
#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Because, Assembly language.

That makes it more difficult, but not impossible.

2 weeks later
#2771 5 years ago

My 6.40 version is puking on the .90 release of GOTG.

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

My 6.40 version is puking on the .90 release of GOTG.

Never mind.....my bad.

4 months later
#2819 5 years ago

Hmmmm....I know you could change them on Ghostbusters (ecto goggles) and the WWE LE (Small Jumbo Screen)

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Are there videos somewhere of people changing the videos on the Ecto Goggles? Or adding a few?

I did it to my GB. I replaced the cat with Vigo.

2 weeks later
#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Yup. Confirmed.

4 months later
#2953 5 years ago

The game software may be playing the audio clips for a shorter duration than the actual file length. It may not be noticeable in the stock song, but occur in the middle of a verse on your replacement, making it jarring and abrupt.

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Don't think so.... my files are all edited in protools to accommodate the exact times listed for the stock songs. If the was a discrepancy with timing, it would be milliseconds. I have one song that is 4:07.470 long, the content I put in is 4:07.470, but in the game it only plays 2:58 of it and then loops back to the beginning. I'm questioning whether this works with spike correctly..... need some other users to chime in.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was saying that even if your new songs match exactly, they game itself may only be calling a smaller portion of that file, it it's timed to end when it's not obvious, and when the game ends your new song early, it being a unique and different song, ends in the middle of a verse or something.

Yes, Pinball Browser works fine with SPIKE games. I've replaced audio on GB with no issues.

#2960 5 years ago

Uh, no......if a song is 4:00 long and you replace it with a 4:00 song, the system doesn't know any difference, it should play the same length. There is absolutely no reason for it to play a different length. I have used this on my other games and that's how it always worked. I am running a test now that will definitively answer these questions.

You don't know that. You can't see the internal game code to know at what length it plays the asset. You (we) only know the entire running time of the asset. You're assuming it plays the entire thing. I can tell you Stern's code does things with the sounds assets that you wouldn't normally expect.

#2962 5 years ago

Sure don't want to argue, but your just wrong. Not my first rodeo. Kiss plays songs in FULL LENGTH, yes, you can listen to them all the way through to the end.

Not mine either.

Have a nice day.

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Why can't Pinball Browser BIN files be seen in PC Explorer?
I tried changing in Explorer "View", "Options", "View" and checked "show hidden files", but no dice. I can see the BIN files Pinball Browser creates ONLY in Pinball Browser, and not my my PC.
Attached are side by side screen shots of Pinball Browser showing the files clearly, but not viewable on my PC. Other attachment shows my view selections for Explorer. Any suggestions? I have no other problems with any other applications.
Spent hours working on changing out songs on MET 1.80 only to find that I have nothing to copy over to a flash drive to upload \-(
Oliver (the developer) and I traded about 10 emails and I tried both Pinball Browser versions 5.x and 6.x with no luck in viewing any of the files.
Appreciate any suggestions.
ron
[quoted image][quoted image]

Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”.

2 months later
#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Hey guys, let's talk!
What is your favourite firmware you open with pinball browser?
Mine is Shrek

Tron

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

What part is favourite to you in tron? Sounds or displays or messages? For my shrek, favourite part is sounds

Sounds.

4 weeks later
#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

So just picked up a first run Luci (not Vault)...but the music and such are not as clean as I've heard come out of Vault Luci's for some reason. I know the bitrate and such of the music tracks from stern are very crappy, can I use this to "upgrade" and get better quality music from the CD's of the same songs? Id have to edit the tracks I know to fit the game, but I am just tired of hearing crappy recordings on this which shouldnt be...

The SAM games are mono. They will never sound as good as SPIKE games. Pinball Broswer won't help you with that.

1 week later
#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can't. There is no video editing with pinball browser on spike roms.

I edited Ghostbusters' cat video and replaced it with Vigo in the ecto goggles. That was a SPIKE game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.