5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Putting a longer song or voice call out would be awesome (redefine how much space in memory is used in that particular hex location). Getting a song to loop just right is really a pain, same for getting a voice call out that runs long to fit (I am using the tempo adjustment feature in audacity so the voice pitch doesn't change, but 20-30% is usually the threshold where it's just too fast).

Is it possible to implement something like this?

It would be brilliant if it were possible to redefine how much space is used when switching sound files without having to edit or choose a song/sound file to fit the existing space to loop normally (avoiding abrupt cuts or prolonged silence).

As an alternative to the tempo adjustment in audacity, perhaps splicing a sound file on a recurring beat to make new song perfectly match the existing song's length would work. The tempo would remain the same. But it is still a lot of work.

#535 10 years ago

I was able to change out "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" with "Dirty Deeds" and changed the text too. I had the same problem that the text changed everywhere except the "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" Song Champion text didn't change.

I also added two Steve Ritchie sound bites that I found but had not heard before. One I set up after a successful cannon shot ("Fuck Yeah!) and one after a missed cannon shot ("Uh oh, fuck up".) They both successfully worked randomly during play.

The only problem that I encountered is that all my scores were lost, AND the Encore Jackpot display shows "Encore Jackpot: 0". I'm not sure if it was caused by how I installed the bin upgrade.

I didn't change the name of the original bin file. I did NOT verify, and after the final stage of the install, I got an error as expected. I then switched off dipswitch 8, and shut off the game. I powered it back on, and that's when I noticed all high scores were reset, and the odd Encore Jackpot value.

Apart from that, the song plays fine and the text shows up too. Anyone have an idea why my scores were not saved? Could not changing the original bin file name have caused the lost data?

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

If anyone can find this I sure want to know where it is. This is the only thing my Dirty Deeds is missing to have a factory look.

I noticed 0x5A9 and 0x5AA could be the culprit for the "Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be Song Champion" not changing to "Dirty Deeds."

These lines did not change to "Dirty Deeds" when the global change was made successfully for all other instances. I manually edited these lines, but have not yet had a chance to save the new firmware to test it out.

#538 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is exactly what I did and none of my high scores were reset.
Strange that yours did.

I have a theory as to why my scores were not saved.

I was still running the previous version of the software before 1.65. I was actually doing a real version update (along with the new modifications). That may have been the difference.

#561 10 years ago

Has anyone figured out the "song champion text mystery" yet?

I noticed two separate lines 0x5A9 (Hell Ain't A Bad) and line 0x5AA (Place To Be) that did not change when a global change was made to any line that had the whole song title.

I manually changed these two to "Dirty Deeds Done" and "Dirt Cheap" respectively.

When I tested it out with the modified rom, the text did not change. Anybody have any ideas?

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Who wants to come over and change my AC/DC songs for me I am buying the beer and supplying 14 games to play. My computer skills suck and I would love to have this done on my game.

You just need someone to send you their customized bin file in an email attachment, then you can put it on a usb thumb drive, and update your code per normal procedure (don't verify, and ignore the error.)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#579 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

IMO, it would be better to share macros instead of binaries (and songs).
Macros are just text that can be used to do the same mods than you did.
All you have to do is save (or copy/paste) your macro list when your mods are completed.

If one just copies a macro with new song titles and locations, will the bin file still work?

I thought you would need the bin file because it contains the new imported songs. The macro is just the line info, isn't it?

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Would it be possible to fragment messages/songs to allow them to expand into previously unallocated space? This would allow people to use blank space without remapping the pointers of every asset past the expanded resource.</blockquote

oga you amazingly solved the "song text champion" mystery. Very impressive.

Now if there was only a way to transform the short song clips on TRS into full songs. Even if it meant we needed to delete other redundant callouts.

7 months later
#1128 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Gary's really out of touch.

I once asked him about a hidden feature in LOTR. I thought he knew about it and had a sense of humor. Nope.

For those with a LOTR, before hitting start, enter this flipper code: 6L,1R 9L,1R 6L,1R 9L,1R. You will hear a roar . Then start a game, and watch the display when you Bash Balrog.

1 year later
#2058 8 years ago

When I try to edit high scores with the latest Metallica code, it works fine from Grand Champion down to 4th Highest altering the scores and initials.

But when I make changes to any of the other score champions, it will only allow one set of initials. It will override any other initials that were entered for any other song/feature champions.

Has anyone else had this issue?

#2061 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

yes- this happened to me a few days ago on TWDLE. kept high scores but all mode scores I typed went bye bye

So is this a bug?

3 weeks later
#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The sounds in lord of the rings are very good. What's there to do?

Agree. LOTR is okay as it is.

But TSPP, could use some additional call-outs from Marge, Lisa and Millhouse.

With 20+ years of episodes, there's gotta be some relevant sound bites to use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.