1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

just tried the link for version 7.71 on page 1 is working for me.

It is not working for me this morning, US / windows 10 / Chrome.

Edit: edge browser worked fine

#4460 3 years ago

I just downloaded and donated, thank you for your efforts! AIQ premium is the firmware I will be patiently waiting for firmware support on. Cheers-

4 weeks later
#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

If anyone who has Avengers IQ could bookmark and sync the song locations, that would be much appreciated.
I don't have the game, but am working on some music changes. I've only been able to figure out: Ironman Multiball, Thor Multiball, and Game Over which I have marked and shared in Pinball Browser.

I have AIQ premium and am hoping to download the newest code and look at it this weekend now that there’s a working update. First timer here.......Does it matter which version prem or pro? Awesome to see you’re working on this!

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Latest code loads just fine, I’m working on the LE/Premium and yes the sound requests differ from the Pro.
The jukebox feature with these latest releases really help in identifying the songs and labeling them.

got the major gems and battles mostly bookmarked, still working through some but may not have time to finish all the longer stuff today.......it's a start anyway (AIQ LE/PREM)

1 week later
#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Okay thanks, that worked. There are almost 700 sounds listed and they don't have descriptive names, but with some patience I can find it .
Cleland's was in .gz but i was able to extract that with 7-zip. Thanks!

You need to update bookmarks after you open it, they should be labeled.

4 weeks later
#4537 2 years ago

If anyone has done a Deadpool update and wants to share / test HMU! Just picked up a pro.

7 months later
#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Same here. Was just going to donate again.

I believe there is now a one year expiration on the license, can't find that post but if you bought it over a year ago pretty sure you'll need to reinvest to use new versions.

5 months later
#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You can quickly check if your bottom cabinet speaker is "blown". Just had it happen last week on my Jurassic Park. Only some dialogue and some sounds, they would were really distorted. I thought it was an image issue too because I coincidentally just upgraded the software shortly prior.
Unplug the head speaker connection from the CPU board so that only the cabinet speaker plays. Still hear the sound? Then tap on the paper speaker cone and I bet it's not drum tight and is loose (which vibrates on certain frequencies or whatever and causes the distortion).

There is a fader in the audio controls you don't have to unplug anything to check this. cheers!

3 months later
#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone had board issues if you go back from say code 1.12 to 1.07? Thought I read somewhere this could cause a potential problem with boards when updating to an older code. Thanks for the help.

Green nodes are the new boards and blue nodes are the old. If you have Blue be very careful in loading older versions, or avoid completely. I have personally helped two friends who bricked boards, it's a real thing.
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 6.23.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-28 at 6.23.46 AM (resized).png

Added 17 months ago:

UPDATE: it is the new boards (green) you need to avoid loading old code to, I had that reversed in the original post and am unable to edit that now.

#5137 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

It is the green boards that you need to be careful of loading too old software on.

Yes sorry my mistake. Loading new code on old boards is NOT the issue, old code on NEW boards is the issue

Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the info! Would you suggest changing out to green boards where applicable? Thanks.

Not necessary, the blue work just fine when used as intended with the code the came installed with or newer versions from Stern.

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The issue as explained to me by Stern is trying to use OLD CODE on NEW BOARDS, not the other way around. (New code on old boards works fine). The issue is the new component Stern is using on new node boards. It must be initialized and needs a newer version of microcode which is embedded in the gamecode image. (Yes, the GAMECODE image actually has a version of microcode inside of it). GOTG V1.08 game code includes the newer version of the microcode which will successfully initialize the older *AND* newer node boards. However, if you try to load V1.07 or earlier GAMECODE on a machine with the new node boards, the older microcode will be used to initialize those boards, and once initalized will no longer be able to communicate to the outside world, and hence won't even be able to be fixed by trying to load new software. The communication path is no longer working in this 'bricked' condition with the new chips initialized incorrectly.

Now fixed on both posts. Monday brain wasn't working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=pinballhaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.