5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 years ago

So does this allow me to modify a pin ROM file on my PC, then upload it to my machine?

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

oga83, any thoughts on export functions?
So instead of having to do a "Print Screen" capture

That would be a nice feature. I'd like to take some of the animations that are currently active and replace them with some hidden animations instead.

Has anyone tried some custom work on Tron or TF yet?

1 month later
#618 10 years ago

I am going to attempt to change some songs in IM tonight.......everyone wish me luck

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I am going to attempt to change some songs in IM tonight.......everyone wish me luck

Success....however my available length for the songs is very short (they are all under one minute). I can only select a part of the song to import, but its working. ACDC is back with Ironman

6 months later
#1041 10 years ago

I know there's always talk about the newer games working (USB supported games)....without scrolling through 21 pages, can anyone tell me if older Stern games work (specifically RCT)? I have been successful in changing my Ironman and working on Tron and Avatar, but was wondering about the older RCT? Can the new image be burned on a chip and swapped out?

6 months later
#1387 9 years ago

Anyone having issues with updating the Luci 1.68 code? I edited the songs and went to import them in 4.0, however it complains that only 24000 is supported (which the songs are)....I open up the 2.0 browser and they import fine. However 2.0 can not change the text for the high score champs (need to change the songs there). If I upload the code from the 2.0 Browser, it works. If I open the code in 4.0 (after using 2.0 to import the songs), then change the H.S. text and save, that code throws the error code 8 and just hoses ACDC

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Most likely, you song has been correctly imported with 4.0 but the message can be confusing : More information here

Using v2 has corrupted your firmware crc, but this is not an issue : More information here

If you have ever used some older v3 versions in the past, the "Auto install communication patch" option is probably enabled (advanced tab). Pinball Browser v4.00 (communication patch 2.09) is not compatible with ac/dc v1.68... and your pinball will not boot with it.
More information here

Use v4.01, start with a stock firmware again, and everything should be fine
See here

You were right about #1......even after the error, it imported fine

In v.4, I unchecked the auto install patch, made my text changes, then saved out......loaded it up to ACDC and boom....still nothing (just has a blank DMD). I made sure to download a fresh copy of the ROM from Stern and tried one more time...still no luck. For now I have the 2.0 version running which has everything other than changing the high score text since thats not possible in 2.

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you disable the "Auto install communication patch" option before loading a stock firmware ? (the patch is applied at the time you load a firmware, not when you save it).
Can you PM me a macro for the changes you made ?

Ooohhhh, I am not sure...... I'll try that tonight

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1422 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Ooohhhh, I am not sure...... I'll try that tonight

It worked

Thanks for the help!

2 years later
#2368 7 years ago

Any easy instructions on how to load up Aerosmith to edit?...... I tried to cat the file at the command prompt and got an error.

Also has anyone tried changing the songs on it? .... is the song name text overlayed on the background animations (basically can I change the song name on the screen like the old DMD games)? Figured I would ask ahead of time, while trying to get the ROM to load

thx

7 months later
#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

And here's what I have so far for Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) in case you want to soundtrack it all up (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because they're not in the code yet.

Did you have to do anything different between changing GoT music and GotG as far as uploading, settings or modifying? Or is it the same ...edit a song to match the length of the existing song, add it to the file, save to USB, upload to machine

.... I've changed many machines pre-color screen with ease, but want to mess with GotG for a better soundtrack

2 weeks later
#2551 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered.
Am I required to pay again if I update the software? I updated to V6 and it wanted my key number... which didn’t work.

I had the same issue.

3 weeks later
#2648 6 years ago

seems to be an issue with editing Guardians ..... I open up the spike file, change out two songs (Hooked on a feeling and ain't no mountain as these are boring during game play). I import two new songs from the GotG soundtrack that I edited for length (kept in stereo). Listen to make sure the upload works, then hit save. I get a popup that the application is not responding then it stops. Any time after pressing the save button does nothing.

Any ideas on this (using 6.11)

Thanks

#2650 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Which version ? Pro, Le, Premium ?
Are you trying to open a .spk or an .img ? (.img is highly recommanded)
Normally, there is no need to use the "Save" button (as mentionned in a pop up message when you open a Spike firmware).
Everything is done automatically. Does it hang when you close Pinball Browser without using the Save button ?

Its a spk file for a pro..... I open the original file *.spk.002.000 and it does the processing. After that, it creates the two files *.dat and a 4.3gb *.spk . Any edits are done to the .spk file without saving, however that size file can not be loaded on a thumb drive. I thought reading the notes that the Pin Browser split the file up. For some reason, the original file that I loaded is not modified (see date stamps)

file_screenshot (resized).JPGfile_screenshot (resized).JPG

#2652 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

See "2 - Open an .spk" in the FAQ

>>(click on the button next to the Open button and select 'Pack firmware for USB stick').

damn ... I didn't see that (and I read through a ton of things)

Let me give it a try now

#2653 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

>>(click on the button next to the Open button and select 'Pack firmware for USB stick').
damn ... I didn't see that (and I read through a ton of things)
Let me give it a try now

Looks like I got: guardians-0_85_0.001.000 .... I'll load that up tonight and give it a whirl. Thanks!

#2655 6 years ago

I was thinking about picking up an SD card to go that route ... leave the USB to the "retro" Stern games. It sounds like its way easier

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 34.99
15,699 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=max_badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.