5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1271 10 years ago

I just donated, and I haven't even used the program yet.... Very impressive work. Keep it up!

3 months later
#1361 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Has anybody else used Pinball Browser on AC/DC 1.68 ?

I'm pretty sure I installed the comm patch on my AC/DC Pro... I didn't have any boot problems.

1 year later
#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

PB will not work (yet !) for Atmel-cpu/sound boards.

Confirmed that it doesn't work with NASCAR either. So are the Atmel ones Elvis, NASCAR, Ripley's and Sopranos?

3 years later
#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just upgraded the sound in my Metallica and wanted to replace the stock songs in the software with better quality mp3 files. Has anyone done this with the latest Metallica update? I’m not much of a computer guy, so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’d be willing to pay someone for a copy of their USB stick. Thanks.

You are not going to be able to improve the quality. Whatever you use will be reduced to 24kHz mono.

11 months later
#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

People are upset Stern may block Pinball browser? Stern would be completely in their rights to turn every pin with code from Pinball Browser into a brick.

True. And whether we like it or not, Stern has an obligation to thwart any tool that would modify their game code in any way. I'm surprised they don't already have better protection in place.

#3926 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Stern knows for a fact they sell more games with this ability. They just don't want it to be so public to protect their licensors. Ultimately, Stern makes more money and thats all they care about.

That could be the case. I should have said that they have an obligation to "attempt to thwart" such tools. Maybe that's the reason they haven't tried all that hard.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
9 months later
#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Oh okay. I already did that before I saw your reply, and used Etcher with the gz file. Seems to have worked fine but I'll review your procedures for next time. Thx.

Yes, Etcher can uncompress the file on the fly, but there's no need to do it that way. Only reason to Gzip is for storage purposes.

8 months later
#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I am using the latest version of Chrome, and tried with Firefox, and I am not receiving any error message. Nothing happens when I click the link. I also have .NET Framework 4.0.
I have cleared my cache and history.
I will try with IE next and then update this post.
Update:
It worked with IE; however, now my computer is warning me when I attempt to open it.

To get it to work in Chrome, try this:
Right-click on the link and select "Open link in new window".
That window will come up blank.
Hit the Reload button.
File should start downloading.

6 months later
#5073 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Like someone else already replied, you actually should not be using a USB stick at all during this process. SD card all the time. You need to use the full SD card image file from Stern, not the update.
Here's an easy way to make sure you are working on the right file. Updates have an .spk file extension and the full SD card image has a .raw extension after unzipped. You want to use the full SD card image to edit.

Guys…. He mentioned AC/DC. He’s working with SAM not Spike.

2 months later
#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from MadPole:

That's not what I'm asking.
Can I put fresh, unadulterated v1.08 code on and use connect... Then put in an SD card with modified v1.05 code and no connect?
Will putting v1.05 after upgrading to v1.08 cause any issues?

Yes, you can do that. No, it will not cause problems. It will be slow to boot up the first time you swap the cards though, as it has to downgrade the firmware on the node boards.

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Matt, can you clarify please? Deadpool (Premium) with v1.08 code uses node board firmware v1.00.0
v1.05 code uses node board firmware v0.65.0 (per the readme file- https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/DEADPOOL_LE_1.08-README.txt )
According to Markharris2000 if you use old microcode on new boards they can't communicate anymore. So if MadPole has a 'new' (whatever definition Stern uses for new) node board (maybe one failed and had to be replaced?). If he writes the new v1.00.0 microcode using v1.08 are you certain the v0.65.0 microcode will still work when he rolls back?

He’s running the old v1.05 code now, so I think it’s safe to assume he doesn’t have any new (green) node boards.

#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If it were my game I'd want clarification from Stern rather than an assumption from a helpful Pinsider with no skin in the game.
If he did brick a node board or three would you be willing to pay for new ones and get them to him?

The guy is asking if he can run a newer version of software (1.08), then go back to the version he is running now (1.05). The answer is yes. People do it all the time. It really doesn't matter what node boards he has. He knows 1.05 is compatible with his hardware. Now, if he was asking if he could run something older, say version 1.03, that is a completely different question. Then he would have to worry about incompatible node board firmware bricking new boards.
But yeah, I'm just sharing some logic and my experience. No warranty implied.

4 months later
#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from Victor74:

I bought the program yesterday and found that the Williams WPC ROMs cannot be edited.
You should definitely have checked the FAQ before purchasing the program as it is specified.
But I also sent an email before buying it since I only wanted the program to edit the Johnny Mnemonic roms and convert it to The Matrix.
It didn't seem right to me to do the work and have to pay to do it and I thought that by contacting it I would be allowed to use it since it is for a Visual Pinball project.
When I did not receive a response, I decided to buy it and I see that it is not working for me, I have sent other emails that have not received a response either.
I'm trying to cancel the payment, I know I should have read the FAQ before buying, but they could also reply to emails.

First post in this thread, third sentence:

"It can also open WPC games (it can only display DMD frames - no modifications)"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=mattosborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.