5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 10 years ago

Been playing around with this and trying to replace the Stern logo with a jpeg. No matter how small the image is (I went down to a 40x40 icon, just to test) and it says there is no free space with every image I try.

Any suggestions?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

On which pinball ?
There might be no room at all on the one you are trying, or the app doesn't know where to place it.
Anyway, it should work on any Raster-12 image.

Same firmware version you are using in your OP that you replaced with the girls face . Does the JPEG have to be using a certain type of compression/size? Does the image have to be converted before hand?

The lowest size JPEG I used was a very small 40x40 icon. The highest was around 400x400.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you have a better result with version 1.41 ?

Yes, I could modify the images. Works great! Thank You!

1 week later
#202 10 years ago

I ripped the blu-ray for Avengers last night, starting to figure out what I am going to replace. Cannot wait to get some movie call-outs in there. I'll try importing a few audio clips in tonight and test it out Saturday.

Bye Bye Beast, hello X-men animated series Beast voice.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You and I are undertaking the same mission.

(Don't forget, in a pinch you can pull from the Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man movies).

My plan: Leave all the custom Hulk quotes. Replace ALL Captain America, Tony Stark and Black Widow quotes. The Nick Fury ones need to go, but they look tricky. (Not sure if you've examined the rom...they piece together his quotes from multiple spots).

Godspeed...

I think it's definitely going to take all of the movies to get some good quotes for Nick Fury. Just have to remember which pieces of Nick Fury in the game are talking about which character and then find some good interactions between say Hawkeye and Nick Fury and use those quotes (beginning of Avengers looks good).

For timing I might actually use my non-linear editing program so I can put waveforms side by side to get the timing less than or equal to the quote I am replacing.

Good luck to you as well

#224 10 years ago

I'm playing around with importing sounds and I'm getting a lot of noise. The wav sounds fine when I output from audacity and just listen to the wav in windows, but once I import and playback, lots of noise, to the point where it wouldn't sound very good. Any suggestions?

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

0x15 on AC/DC and X-Men. I believe all of the universal system sound are at the beginning of each file.

Not having a problem locating anything. I just looked what I wrote, let me explain better.

So in Avengers I am going straight to 0x2B7, where Nick Fury says "Clint Barton, Codename Hawkeye!". I have a WAV file ripped directly from the Blu-Ray and I try to import Sam Jackson saying "Agent Barton, Report". When I import the Sam Jackson quote, I get a bunch of noise.

I ruled out this being the wav file I ripped from the Blu-Ray. I actually exported the sound at 0x2B7 ("Clint Barton, Codename Hawkeye!") and simply re-imported the exact same sound. And then I load the patched firmware and play the 0x2B7 location and there is noise. So it looks like upon import of a WAV at 24000Hz, whether it's exported from the original firmware or something you provide from a movie rip, the import function is adding noise into the file you are trying to import.

Edit - Ah yes, this is a type 2 file, which oga83 said has not been tested yet, so hopefully this helps.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I exported a sound clip from X-Men and didn't alter it. It sounds fine in windows media player, but when I Import it into the program and save then reload it, it's staticy with a small pop at the end.

I just tested a Type 1 area in the firmware and yeah, same thing, with the pop at the end.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#432 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

v2 is looming...
Can you guess what will be the new feature(s) ? bets are open...

Or maybe I'm just looking for some ideas

Putting a longer song or voice call out would be awesome (redefine how much space in memory is used in that particular hex location). Getting a song to loop just right is really a pain, same for getting a voice call out that runs long to fit (I am using the tempo adjustment feature in audacity so the voice pitch doesn't change, but 20-30% is usually the threshold where it's just too fast).

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I haven't played around with this program but anyone that has changed the songs on ACDC how did you work around the riffs that play when you make a certain shot? Example: Thunderstruck is the song you choose and when you hit the the flashing arrow shots one of thunderstrucks riffs will sound (I'm not sure if this is in multiball only or not) so if I changed this song to dirty deeds would the riff from thunderstruck still sound? I hope this makes sense.

Sound effects (like riffs or lightning crashing in the case of Thunderstruck mode) are different from the actual music being played. If you open the bin file you'll find a memory locations for sound effects that you can play and then separate memory locations for the actual music tracks. When you start a song, the pinball machine accesses the memory location of the song and starts playing that song, when you hit a shot and a corresponding sound effect applies, the pinball machine will play the song effect at the different memory location.

#521 10 years ago

In case anybody wants to replace the knocker sound:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...15/knocker.wav

#526 10 years ago

Right Click on the link I posted and use the option "Save Link As". I use Firefox so that's what the option is called, might be called something else in another browser.

5 months later
#880 10 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is it normal to get a error when you load the BIN file to the machine? Mine got all the way to the end of the upload, gave me an error message, but when I played the game my song swap was in there. Swapped Unforgiven for Sanitarium.

Yes, that's normal. Your scores should stay intact with the error.

2 months later
#1094 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've heard a couple mention adding "Shoot to Thrill" to Iron Man, but have never heard any follow ups on if they were successful or not. It would probably greatly depend on how long the original music loops are in Irom Man and if you could get a sound loop the same length of "Shoot to Thrill" to sound right in the game.

I put this in Avengers if you get a high score.

1 year later
#1755 8 years ago

Two things that I might be missing, but if I'm not, these might be neat features if possible. 1) Is there a way to keep the smartdmd configuration screen (where we adjust the palettes) open while we edit/colorize the images? 2) Is there a way to mark a start and end point and then apply a palette across all frames? (like a non-linear editor's in and out points)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=jsalce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.