1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm excited to tell you you about a project I've been working on for months with Jay, Ron and Brian from Scorbit :
Scorbit thread on Pinside
In brief, it's a platform that will be able to transform any pinball machine into a connected device
It integrates a lot of things from SmartDmd and Pinball Browser.
I'm quite familiar with the hardware they've designed (I've helped design it), and it's quite powerful.
The opportunities to run different applications on it is pretty interesting.
The Scorbit team is committed to keeping the platform open for the community developers.
As the API will be open, I think it will bring some great enhancements to what we're doing...

Couldn't have done any of this without @oga83! This guy is a super hero.

9 months later
#3276 4 years ago

The bottom line is that @oga83 has single-handedly created and maintained an application that so many have benefitted from and will never be fully repaid for all his work. $20 is a bargain.

Thanks for your continued focus and updates on this great product.

4 months later
#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I knew it! If Stern was smart theyd realize PB is NOT hurting their sales. For example, the deciding factor of my KISS purchase was that I knew I could replace the remake songs with the original versions. If I couldn't I probably wouldnt have made that purchase.

I would like to understand why Stern believes this is important. I worked in a licensing-sensitive world long enough to know it's not a threat to their licenses, so what could it be?

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Who said they’re implementing changes that protect the work of the license holder because they think PB hurts sales? It’s often the case that you’re obligated to protect the IP you’ve licensed.

True, but that's to protect specifically for distribution. That's not this situation, particularly since PB prevents that.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi Oga83,
just let me tell you i just love pinball Browser. Chaning sounds and now Videos creates so much possibilitys.
I have a Munster Pro with Version 1.02 SD-Card image that i tested with. i was anticipating the Video change, in the Munsters Firmware
are some animations that are just horrible. One in General it's Lily doing Vacuuming or Dusting.
I searched the Video Files with new Version 7.0 Beta3 and i could not find it.
What i did find out is that at the postion Pinball Browser seems to be skipping Videos.
It seems to be happening one Video before the Stern Team Credits 0x42. It's Jumping directly from 0x40 to 0x42.
Thanks for your work and maybe it's something for the future to look at.[quoted image]

Have you tried using the arrow keys instead of clicking the arrow? Also, be prepared, some of the videos may be cut into pieces.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To make sure I understand this right, I can now chop up clips from Jurassic Park movie and use them in the code (JP2) replacing the current graphics? Does it play it full screen? Does it play the audio from the video clip too or just video? This is amazing if so. Great job.

I think it's basically up to us, and some of this is unknown until you try it. For example, here are some captures from my new "how to use the machine" video, featuring my dog:

coin_drop (resized).jpgcoin_drop (resized).jpg

press_start (resized).jpgpress_start (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello !
i try to communicate with my pinball transformers LE to change scores after changing the rom
i have patched the .bin with comm143.hex and updated the pin with this
i use pinball browser 6.65
i use this cable amazon.com link »
but it don't work ,? where is my mistake

Forgive me for asking, but did you install the drivers for the cable, and use the null modem connector with the serial cable?

2 years later
#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v8.10 is ready

- Added Scorbit achievements : Scorbit is working with volunteer creators to generate achievement frames for DMD machines. This feature is for those creators, and for the creation of venue or custom achievements as well in future releases.

Some additional information here: With Scorbit Achievements on DMDs, we present an achievement frame on the DMD itself. The achievements and the frames are crowd sourced (we work with volunteers to make the achievements). In order to design frames that are compatible with the various palettes of the DMDs, oga83 has graciously added a Scorbit tab to Pinball Browser. If you are one of the people working with us, your Scorbit login allows you to manage and edit these frames directly with our Scorbit API and a PB pixel editor.

This includes the ability to overlay various bitmap art, text, and badges on the frames. PB doesn't create the achievement itself, that is done through another cloud-based UI, or through an importing feature on our end. While anyone with a Scorbit account can log in, only these "creators" will see a list of achievement titles for the DMD they are working on. When they are complete, we move them from a draft mode to published.

If anyone is interested in volunteering for achievement creation, I recommend spending some time playing JJP games to get a sense of the types of achievements that might be interesting, and letting us at Scorbit know. The hardest part is the pixel art and making something enjoyable and looks good on a plasma or colorized DMD, but once you get the hang of it it kind of comes together.

Thanks again oga83 for everything you're doing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Little River, SC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=jsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.