1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I can't say I've ever seen a program grow and evolve as quickly as your project has.

You're not kidding! I've been busy with other stuff lately, and I just got around to reading this thread yesterday. It's amazing.

1 month later
#595 10 years ago

I might be the only person who would use this, but is it possible to extract the names of the lamp matrix locations? I can find them using the new Messages->Search Firmware feature, but being able to export a file containing a list would be very useful for me.

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Search for one string with Pinball Browser : it will give you its file offset (0x...)
Then, use an hex editor (www.wxhexeditor.org is a good one) and go to the file offset : all the strings you're looking for will be around

Thanks. I had already gotten that far, but what I'm running into is not knowing how many languages are in there for each insert, or which lamp location the text goes with. I have been unsuccessful at figuring out how the lookups work.

1 week later
#659 10 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

No need for a sound recorder. The program lets you directly export the sound. Just export, then import at another location.
The sound is at request 291 (0x258). I'm importing it to replace the start button push with.... bum bum bum bum bum.....TRON!

On the LE, I suppose?

I just looked at it in the Pro v1.74, and it's at req 279 (0x258). Now, where's that start button sound, and how much space do we have? I don't see many sounds over 4 seconds that could be replaced by it.

#670 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

On the LE, I suppose?
I just looked at it in the Pro v1.74, and it's at req 279 (0x258). Now, where's that start button sound, and how much space do we have? I don't see many sounds over 4 seconds that could be replaced by it.

I completed my first sound replacement last night, and it's not nearly as ambitious as some of you other guys. I do have a Metallica shipping today, so I'll probably be getting into replacing songs soon enough.

I decided the "Bum-ba-bum-bum TRON" would get annoying anywhere you put it other than attract sounds. Here's what I did:

1. Export the sound. It's at req 279, loc 0x258 in Pro v1.74.
2. Use Audacity to shorten the duration slightly using the "Change Tempo" effect.
3. Import the sound to req 41, loc 0x292.

I haven't yet verified that it works as intended. I tried 4 times, but got other attract sounds, and I got tired of waiting for the timer to reset.

Also, I was surprised to see that it did reset my scores/settings. This was a modified v1.74 over the stock v1.74.

#671 10 years ago

Last night, I was able to randomly get the sound to play, and you'd never know it wasn't part of the original ROM. Awesome work, oga83! This tool makes customization easy enough that nearly anyone can do it.

I had a thought about high scores that I'd like to test soon. If I change the default GC or HS adjustment value to a number that is not an even number of millions, what happens? Using that to modify the default scores to match your real high scores, modify the default initials to match your own, and choosing your default settings using Pinball Browser might mean that losing your settings and scores when updating would no longer be a problem.

Post edited by herg : Update on hacking high scores into ROM
Yeah, you can restore lost high scores by using the adjustments section. If you use a number that is not a multiple of 1M, adjusting it after flashing keeps the extra less significant digits until you hit the min or max value.

I was also able to use a hex editor, search for "G S" and replace it with "HLT". There is a minimum of 4 characters required for the "Search Firmware" or you would be able to do this within Pinball Browser.

1 week later
#678 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That means people can also put in fake high scores.

True, but you could do that with way less effort by simply removing the glass. This way is only useful for people who are upset at losing their legitimate high scores.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I still vote for an auto play button on the audio and display tabs.

+1

2 weeks later
#689 10 years ago

When I tried, the Stern knocker sound was very short in duration, and the good knocker sounds were much longer. I tried condensing them, but couldn't come up with anything good.

#691 10 years ago

When set on low, I don't find the Stern sound to be too loud, just that it is an annoying sound. I eventually add real knockers to my games anyway, so I kinda bailed on it, but here's the best sounding replacement WAV I was able to make within the shortened length available. I haven't put it on a machine to see how it sounds.

http://herg.homeip.net/knocker_replace.wav

#695 10 years ago

I didn't say it was good. There's just not much space to work with. I started with the VP file, but it's like 4 times as long as the available space.

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm wondering if the game even uses that knocker sound?

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.