5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroompinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2439 6 years ago

Is there an easy way to change out video if I'm making a custom game? I understand how to go in and change a few images, but with 16,000+ images on Kiss it seems like it would be a big task to recreate images to string together and make a video.

1 month later
#2499 6 years ago

I have a Stern Mustang and I'm messing around with the images/animations. I need a bit of help with changing animated text. I have no problem changing the M-U-S-T-A-N-G letters as they are collected, but for some reason G-E-A-R-S when going from unfilled to filled doesn't switch. Example: My name B-R-I-A-N unfilled works correctly, but as I collect the letters it fills back to G-E-A-R-S. The image files I have edited are B-R-I-A-N filled. Not sure what prevents he correct filled letter from showing up.

#2501 6 years ago

exactly that's why i'm finding it so strange

#2506 6 years ago

To continue my topic above..

I figured out that the filled G-E-A-R-S letters (0x85F-0x863) are not what is being picked up when the targets are hit. It is actually pulling the completed letter from an alphabetic list: G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295.

The question is where do I find what is pointing to these location so I can change it to my new letters?

#2507 6 years ago

Following up: I edited the images (G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295) the to be the ones I wanted. Good news/bad news: my filled in letters show up correctly for hitting the GEARS targets, bad news the end of ball "BONUS" and "REPLAY" that use the same letters are misspelled now.

Further testing: I started with the unmolested code and changed the text for BONUS and REPLAY in messages, uploaded the code and those 2 words were correctly changed.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what else to look for in the code? What do lines lines with things like this mean??

+%u GEAR%P1//S/%
GEAR%P1//S/%
+%u GEAR%P1//S//%

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

These images are part of a font. My guess is that there must be a string somewhere that points to the correct letters.
Did you try to modify the strings "GEARS TARGET", "GEARS:", "OBJ GEARS", "GEAR(S)" and some others ? ("Message" tab, "Search Firmware" button)

I believe I have tried modifying the text on all of those lines using the firmware search. I'll start from scratch tonight and report back.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#2681 6 years ago

I am working on a re-theme project and need some help. I have modified the code on a Stern Mustang Pro to the point where nearly every single sound has been updated, text updated and image updated. There is like 18k of free memory remaining. I need to update some of the graphics, but in doing so I run out of space. At some point along the way I know I optimized the macros and ran again on fresh Mustang code. When I try it now I get a couple errors.

My main question is this, is there an easy way to replace the set of images and not run out of free memory? I'd like to avoid another 100 hours of programming.

Thank you

#2683 6 years ago

Thanks for the memory saving tips!! The question still remains though how can I go about making changes if my free memory is nearly gone?

1 year later
#3048 5 years ago

I've been using pinball browser for a a while now and have a question about the macro function. Can someone please verify for me if I have to manually group changes for the same item before running optimize? My ultimate goal is to recover as much free space as possible. I had initially thought optimize woukd do this for me.

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You don't have to do it manually : that's exactly what the "Optimize" function will do.
Once you macro has been optimized, run it on a stock firmware.
See the question 'What is "Memory Optimization" ?' in the FAQ

That is what I expected would happen, but when I run optimize I end up getting a message that says something like "nothing to optimize". I'll have to rerun tonight to confirm the exact wording. When I go thru and search specific images etc the lines still show up sometimes 3 or 4 times.

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

That is what I expected would happen, but when I run optimize I end up getting a message that says something like "nothing to optimize". I'll have to rerun tonight to confirm the exact wording. When I go thru and search specific images etc the lines still show up sometimes 3 or 4 times.

When I run optimize, it goes thru the process and then I get the "Nothing to optimze!" message. When I go back and look at it I still have 4 lines of the same string. This happens for all images strings, replacestring etc. Please advise / help !!

Thanks

0x91D (resized).PNG0x91D (resized).PNG0x91Da (resized).PNG0x91Da (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
2 years later
#4690 2 years ago

How can I open a spk file with 8.0? Say I want to change sounds in Pabst Can Crusher? I have the stern code but it doesn't open.

1 month later
#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can't.
Download an SD card image from Stern's website here :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/can_crusher-1_01_0.is

You can't.
Download an SD card image from Stern's website here :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/can_crusher-1_01_0.iso.zip

Finally made all my updates, but when I save the new file (same name) to an SD card, the game will not boot up. Any advice?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroompinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=gameroompinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.