1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Thanks again, Oga. Your software helped make the game so much more enjoyable for me!

So, did you import the vids, then change the audio files as well... importing edited audio files that sync with the vids? Noob to this whole thing and just don't know what to do or where to start... Just want to change the Yoda drain vids

1 week later
#3530 4 years ago

Made a new Ball Save for Luke!!!!

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE VIDEO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Omxh4yrjg-bI_TIQgO_mYHWdrdXmfKxJ/view?usp=sharing

sneak.JPGsneak.JPG

#3550 4 years ago

Okay, done and finally completely happy with my edits.

Here's a link to all the changes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW
screen.JPGscreen.JPG

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

I like your edits for the Star Wars videos fooflighter! Can you make some custom videos for Jurassic Park too?

I probably could but the style clash would be too apparant. Although come to think of it...I really don't like the missle shot missed or shoot again vids...

Let me look at it at see what i can come up with

You may have just given me a new project

#3565 4 years ago

Nice! If you need any ideas about replacing shoot again or missile shot missed videos, I have an idea for you

I have a little bit of and idea but I'm all ears

#3567 4 years ago

Okay, so if I were you, and when I would customize Shoot again video on Stern's JP, I would import Ball Save animation, but when ancelosaur kicks the ball with his tail at the screen, when screen is about to crack, instead of that, SHOOT AGAIN letters will appear (I would draw them in paint)
I don't have any ideas about Missile Shot missed video. I have never seen that video. Which script in PB is Missile missed video?

Cool, I honestly haven't opened up JP in pinbrowser so I'll have to search, don't know if missle vid is buried in there...

I'll take a look at the ball save animation also..I have a number of things i can add effects, sounds, overlays, particles so I'll try to come up with something

#3569 4 years ago

Thank you!

#3571 4 years ago

Found the missle shot missed, it's 0x42, the first part is awesome, just dislike the fuzzy screen shot missed portion...i think i can fix it

#3575 4 years ago

Is that clip one where helicopter drives off with dinosaur trapped inside box? Because for me, 0x42 script in JP is with
helicopter

I just downloaded the SD image from stern's site and I'm using that with the browser, it is the latest version..here's a screenshot of the vid and location

miss (resized).JPGmiss (resized).JPG
#3576 4 years ago

I'm using the Premium SD - not sure if that matters on location - it may

#3581 4 years ago

I was just making a post and my internet went out I've got all the locations for the videos right now I'm comparing those with the time signatures for the audio files... I'll post more when I can... Corona virus got my Fiber line

#3582 4 years ago

**Update. I have the link working now.
Sorry it didn't have shared address rights.
It should work now!!

Playing with the ball save and missle vids....

I made the ball hitting the glass sound more distinctive compared to the original

For the missle shot miss, instead of the white static, messing around with something new..

Still works in progress but it's fun to play around with.

#3584 4 years ago

I just opened link, and for some reason, it says that owner didn't give me a permission to see link
My gmail is [email protected] . Can you approve my request for permission?

Sorry, it defaulted to link sharing off, it should be okay now!

#3590 4 years ago

Crap, does this mean that if they do any software updates they will cease to function with PB browser?

I'm not distributing this for sale...How is this any different than modding my machine?

#3593 4 years ago

Just updated my missed shot vid and put a better quality save

#3595 4 years ago

Really Hope they don't stop functionality of Pinball Browser

This is nothing more than a mod, and I'm not reselling these assets

#3597 4 years ago

Once I'm done, you can PM me for the files if you'd like them for use with Pinball Browser

#3604 4 years ago

fooflighter I also have made my own custom Shoot again video for JP (It's like ball saved animation, but when ball is about to crack screen, instead of that, it says Shoot again (I drawed Shoot again letters in Paint))
See it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ealli4_hNwcwdd8YqpsIZNcvfmEu8zJx
BTW, is your custom Shoot again video ready?

...edited

#3608 4 years ago

fooflighter Which sound scripts in JP are Shoot again and Ball Saved sounds?

I'm linking the entire package along with the locations one sec...

*update removed locations until finalized

#3610 4 years ago

I've been up too late ...

I just realized my location codes for the SD Image with be different than the raw locations...standby...getting the new areas...

(Removed old location graphic)

#3615 4 years ago

Okay it's done!

First off let me say I love JP and the designers, coders, and programmers at Stern. They are really talented people.

Thanks to using Pinball Browser, I was able to change (mod) a couple vids and sound I feel needed tweaking for me personally. Not disparaging or trying to take away anything from anyone at Stern or the coders.

I've included a link here for those who own the JP Premium/LE edition to view, download, use on their machines some *.mp4 and *.wav files I feel just kick it up a little bit. (these may work on the PRO - I don't know for sure at the file locations and lengths may vary)

Here's what I did:

Changed the BALL SAVE Audio to have a more pronounced "thunk" and "glass shatter" when the ball it hits the screen in the transition video

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact HIT video and audio

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact MISS video and audio

Added an original custom designed SHOOT AGAIN video/audio files to completely replace the factory vid and audio

Please see the readme.txt file in the link below if you decide to use these files.

*NOTES*

Although the videos contain audio, that audio is not the ones the game uses and is disregarded in the video import process via Pinball Browser, you need to import the wav files as well to their proper locations.

Some of the *.wav files have differing or boosted dynamics from their video companion

The included videos are at 1360x768 resolution and 30fps - viewing them in the webbrowser via google may produce 720P or lower results with compression artifacts, for best viewing quality, download them to your computer.

I've tried and tested these on my JP Premium using a backup image file of my Factory SD card - everything works perfectly and the audio levels don't clip.

You may show 1 extra frame importing the videos from the factory but this doesn't affect the function/timing within the game

(Disclaimer - I'm not responsible if you brick your machine...I just had to say that for legalese , but you should be fine)

CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS FILES

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo?usp=sharing
jpedits.jpgjpedits.jpg

#3635 4 years ago

Looks like the latest version of JP update 1.01 broke Pinball browser access

#3637 4 years ago

Why it broke PB access? Is it because we can't modify sounds on 1.01 version?

looks that way so far

#3640 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think you'll see this with every release from now on unfortunately.

I can understand from a licensing/monetization point of view. Just sucks since I was modding for my own purposes and not reselling any changes.

I think this is the step Stern is making to the DLC market most likely.

#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I just emailed them after realizing all of this by way of opening JP 1.01 today and finding your post. There's nothing in the release notes that leads me to believe this update has much of a benefit to the gameplay itself. It just looks like some bug fixes, slight tweaks to mode scoring, and wording changes in menus. I have spent hundreds of hours over multiple months crafting customized callouts and music and was literally about to finally share a demo video of the work--work that I was so close to finishing. The fact that I can't move forward and am probably just going to have to call it quits is somewhat devastating. Hopefully others have emailed Stern as well.

I feel your pain! It's a mod on my machine, why not go after those selling these mods versus taking away the ability for the home hobbiest to trick out the machine to their liking..I thought the same thing about the update... Very little, almost seemed just to get the PB blocker software out there

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I am leaving my game at version 1.00 with the custom music and callouts. I see no reason to install 1.01 as there is really nothing new added

This looks deliberate on Sterns part, especially the fact there is no QUICK update option on the 1.01 install...I though all .spk files I used in the past gave the option, this one is FULL only... So it's forcing a full overwrite

#3666 4 years ago

I'm all ears

#3668 4 years ago

Doesn't look like Stern is waiting around... Hopefully this applies to other games as well if they were blocking things for a reason and are going to open things up to legal modification... I'm just thinking of games like Skyrim for the PC, Bethesda sponsored the modding community, not only did it grow the product, it made it hugely popular... Time will tell, curious to see tonight with Black Knight

Screenshot_20200409-145807_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200409-145807_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3673 4 years ago

Great!
So here's my plan how to convince Stern to stop silencing sounds in new firmwares: So next time I message Stern, I'll beg them to stop silencing sounds for firmwares in PB, but I'll also have to use lying. I'll say that we won't modify our games anymore, but that's not right, we'll still modify our games! We can all keep modifying our games, we just need to keep videos with custom music or videos away from Stern. For example, we can share custom videos and sounds on google disk, like you did fooflighter . Stern can't see something we upload on google disk, unless we share with them (Don't share videos with Stern)
I hope plan will work, and I hope you agree with this plan
Remember, you can still modify your games! Just don't share with Stern, and we'll be alright

Well, you have to realize, Stern is a business, they don't agree to virtual non written verbal agreement contracts. They get nothing out of open sourcing their software... But everything, financially, down the road (is read DLC) for keeping things under wraps. Unfortunately, I think it will always be a clandestine affair of modding software... All the begging in the world won't change things.

#3675 4 years ago

I hope Stern didn't read this thread

Oh, I didn't know
In that case, I'm not even going to message them about PB codes

Oh they're reading it

Yeah, they'll just say that modding software will void your warranty, something along those lines

1 week later
#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So is an updated version of pb being worked on to address the 1.01 JP update or is it a lost cause?

I second that, I would love to get my edits reinserted into the new code...

2 months later
#3881 3 years ago

Genius! Thank you so much for this...Time to get my modding back on!! Thank you sir...just made my day!!!

#3885 3 years ago

I got the license thing too but donated again just because...this made my day!!!

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Videos don't seem to be detected well on JP 1.01 SD Card image file (only attract instructions videos are visible) :
[quoted image]

I did a search and bookmark videos from scenes in the dropdown in the videos tab and they all showed up

#3906 3 years ago

I'm having major trouble with this now, I tried just changing my sound and video files like I always did with pinball browser and it all appeared fine..however after flashing a new SD boot image I'm getting strange results on the game itself:

Sounds from other files scratchy not playing
Videos not playing at all but associated sounds coming through
Things unrelated to my edits broken (CHAOS letters for example not playing vids and video is distorted scratching)

I simply imported my vids and sound to their new locations and flashed a disk with Etcher, now it seems the file is corrupted

I also noticed all the video and sound locations changed from last time

#3930 3 years ago

So I downloaded a clean SD image from Stern for JP Premium

Loaded that into PB Browser 7.51 clean install

Cleared all Macros

Added my 4 sound files and my 3 videos that I saved the same way with JP 1.00

So here’s what I’ve found:

What Works:

Audio is working correctly now – no screeching or distortion

Not working (videos):

I replaced the Shoot again, Missile Hit, Missile Miss according to their scene bookmarks

When the Shoot again vid is supposed to play, I get a static picture of the Jurassic Park Gate with the correct sound file playing in the background

When the Missile Launch Video Plays, It plays the correct Missile Launch video but it does not go to the Missile Miss Video ever

However, if the Missile shot is made the Missile hit video plays with the correct audio

I don’t know where to go from here

Thanks for any help

#3931 3 years ago

I'm going to recompile my vids one at a time and try to get the bitrate and frame count exactly the same with handbrake

I'll also rename the files to the exact name of the default location files

Gonna try this one step at a time to see if I can find out what's breaking and where/why

#3932 3 years ago

Okay just tried replacing the Shoot Again video, same bitrate, same framecount, same filename...just doesn't work

It seems like the video isn't even loaded playing the game or somehow doesn't import correctly...

I see it in Pinball browser fine

The audio plays correctly..

pulling hair out

#3933 3 years ago

I'm going to try and import the default video into the image and see if that works...if so it's something in my video file then...if not, it must be the Pinball Browser

#3934 3 years ago

Okay I think something is wrong with pinball browser with videos

I just re-imported the same default video file that came with the game (that I exported from a clean SD Card Image file) from the Shoot Again video scene in jurassic park and I get no video playback in the game at all. Just a static picture of the JP gates

I;m not a coder and have no idea what to do next but as of now I can't use Pinball Browser to change my videos

#3942 3 years ago

Hey guys, can anyone verify if they have any trouble with the video importing with the latest version, seems like they are getting corrupted...see my previous posts above

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Redownload it, new 7.51 release fixed a bug.

The sound bug was fixed, I did use 7.51...the vids do not work

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Can you try to import a single video with the "Import file (no conversion)" function and see if it works ?

I will try that

#3971 3 years ago

oga83 SUCCESS!!!!

Importing the file without conversion for the video worked!!! I did that one with sound and video

Okay now to put the other vids back on.

Care to explain what changed from the original import video to import file (no conversion) that made this work now...I'm just curious, if it's too technical then don't worry..

Anyways, thank you for the help.

I'll report back once I get all my vids and sounds loaded, fingers crossed

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please email me the video you were trying to import so that I can check (and give me the exact firmware filename/version and the video id).

So, I got 1 of my vids loaded up and 2 sound changes for JP 1.01 with PB 7.52

I was replacing the missile hit and miss vids but something in them was breaking the code...couldn't get the miss shot miss to play after the missile launch tutorial and missile launch vid sequence

I can only guess it was breaking the game code somehow...

Anyways...I'm done for now, I've been going at this for 2 days and I'm happy with my Shoot Again vid being able to be changed..that was my biggest complaint with the standard game - hate that Raptor animation - really choppy and crushed blacks

I don't know what else to do on the other vids as they cause more problems with the code changing them...maybe it's the bitrate or timing or frames of the uploads

#3988 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you have over 100 posts. What's your point?!

Ummm...he was answering the question of where to download the browser

#3989 3 years ago

...and of course they just released JP version 1.02 .....yay...I mean ahhhhh!!!!

If this is broken again, I'm done

#3992 3 years ago

Looks like Pinball Browser is broken again with version JP 1.02

Can't even load the image

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Finger crossed, but opening the image seems a bit too long.

No luck here...I've had it trying to open for 10 minutes, Stern obviously doesn't want this program to work..

#4011 3 years ago

while i'd love to try it, even though it was opening, it never worked properly for 1.01 or 1.02...it actually broke the code somehow on the upload/conversion for the videos I tried and the game stopped working correctly even though my bitrates and frames were almost exact...the missle launch sequence would fail to play as well as the hit sequence, then the rest of the game would glitch out until reset of the machine...I think they put some sort of identifier in the code that regardless of conversion, if the new vids don't match verbatim, the code sequencing gets fouled up...just my experience and 3 days of sleepless trying and trying just led me to putting aclean image up and calling it quits..I really appreciate the effort though and the work you have done, I wish Stern would work with you instead of against you

#4017 3 years ago

so here's a way for Stern to keep updating code: PB browser updates to newest version...Stern releases new code! Genius

#4020 3 years ago

Just FYI, all the sound locations changed again

#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Use the "Compare firmware" function !

ah, okay..I'll try this once again

#4023 3 years ago

I'm still having trouble getting any videos to work correctly..never had a problem on my Star Wars or versions of JP prior to version 1.01

Here's what I'm going to try (let me know if this isn't correct):

Clean Image download from Stern
Image Created to SD with Etcher
Image opened from SD with Pinball Browser
Image Saved to SD with Disk Image Write under SmartDMD tab in PB Browser

I was building the new image using Etcher again previously from the saved / modified image I edited

So fingers crossed...again

#4024 3 years ago

OKAY!!! I'M AN IDIOT

I have to offer my sincere apologies to @oga83. I have made a bunch of posts on here that my videos weren't working etc...

Probably wasting his time no less..

It was my fault all along.

I was saving the edited image to my SD after editing it in pinball browser USING Etcher

ALL I HAD TO DO WAS USE THE DISK WRITE FUNCTION BUILT INTO PINBALL BROWSER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Holy crap duh moment realization for me

Now everything works perfectly including the imports of videos etc...

Many thanks oga83 and sorry if I wasted your time with any blathering

I feel smarter and dumber right now all at the same time!!!

#4027 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I wish someone could write up a "how to" on swapping videos for Spike 2 games. I've still never been able to import a video on my BM66 correctly. The video plays too slow in PB and when loaded on the game's SD card the machine wont boot. No matter how close I get the duration and framerates it's the same issue.

I do it like this:

1. Export the original video using pb browser, save for safe keeping
2. Open video in editor, I use Powerdirector but you can use any video editing you like
3. Get the correct data from the content (bitrate, length, framerate, resolution)
4. Edit video and then export/produce new video in best format H.264 possible
4.a. Option to export audio here also adjusting for audio in source file. I make the audio files first and try to make the video match the audio, meshes better that way in the finished product
5. Open video in Handbrake and compile new output that as closely mirrors original video length and frames, but the import function in PB browser should fix that anyways
6. Load PB Browser and use existing Image from SD in machine (make sure to copy and save image first) or use new image from Stern burned to SD card using Etcher
7. Load Image in PB Browser
8. Import Scene bookmarks for videos
9. Import Videos and Sound files
10. Write image to SD using PB browser (THIS IS IMPORTANT) - don't use Etcher to make a new image from this step. Use the built in Write image to burn the new edited image to your SD
11. Load back in machine, play, test, enjoy!

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I always use Etcher. Works great!

I still do for converting the raw image from Stern to SD, just something in the final step after edits, can't put my finger on it but it seems it was messing with the code for the specific changes I made, your mileage may vary. Anyways, just played about 10 games using the Write image from Pinball browser and all is working super..

Just throwing this out there in case other people run into a similar issue like I had, before you spend 3 days running in circles

1 week later
#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Anyone confirm Jurassic Park Premium 1.02 working with PB 7.55? I see Pro and LE called out, but didn't see anyone that compoleted it for Premium 1.02.

Working for me fine, I've made about 8 audio and video edits

2 weeks later
#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - now I can see everything.
Here's the problem though - all of the videos I've tried as replacements, they don't work in game. pinbrowser accepts, plays them but when I play the code in JP, the video I replaced is just not there. It's really just nothing.
Is there something special I need to do b/c these are scenes to make this work? For example, I tried to replace MB TREX loop 1 with another video and it didn't work in game.
Any one have luck replacing JP videos? I've had tremendous success with tmnt.

I had that issue using etcher to burn the final copy on the SD... What worked for me was using the internal write to SD function of Pinball browser

2 months later
#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

oga83 FYI, JP v.1.03 won't open. It just sits on "Processing....". Any luck on surpassing the same/similar blockers with other game codes? Feel free to PM me if I can help overcome this new hurdle.

Having the same issue

1 year later
#5082 1 year ago

Well I was hoping that PB browser would tackle some newer code. I have been holding off on updating my custom JP and SW code from 1.03 and 1.10 respectively but finally decided to make copies of my custom code and install the latest official code. Just too many changes and fixes included to be running older instructions.

Fingers crossed for some future updates

6 months later
#5255 1 year ago

Thanks for the new browser updates

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Getting random static on some samples in Stranger Things. Seem to be codec games with Stern again?

I'm also missing some sound files and am getting pops and clicks when uploading to the latest Star Wars Premium code

5 months later
#5412 7 months ago

I have personally given up on trying to get PB Browser to work with the modern sterns...all it takes is a new scramble from Stern on a release date and all the work is useless on the build. It was good while it lasted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 16.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 26.95
$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.