1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

same question for SAM games - does anyone know a way to export sound files?

#2515 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

Worked like a charm- thank you!!

#2517 6 years ago

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

met-combo (resized).JPGmet-combo (resized).JPG

#2521 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right
If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

9 months later
#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

Curious about this as well - anyone successful in changing the graphics that show when selecting a song??

4 months later
#3011 5 years ago

Is anyone having trouble with pin2dmd colorization of Met v1.80 code? I have all the settings saved as before - side channel, serial connection, but when I load v1.80 code the pin2dmd will only display the "default" palette. It cannot change color palettes. Has anyone else seen this problem and found a fix?

#3013 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Was it working before/does the previous code work?

I was struggling getting it working with a new PIN2DMD but it turned out I had a bad MAX232 chip on mine so it was a hardware issue not a software issue.

Yes and no - I had the 1.70 code working perfectly on my old MET I sold several months ago. That one sold with my old pin2dmd installed. I just acquired a new MET last week, with newer pin2dmd, and the 1.70 code works partially. Some screens changes palettes perfectly (like the snake, coffin ball lock, MET letters, Sparky, and many others). Others (like the main score numbers, lady justice, etc.) do not correctly change palettes. They simply use the last palette loaded. When I update to 1.80 code, it will not change a single palette - it only uses the "default" palette.

Do you think this could be a hardware issue? And if so, why is it working SOME of the time? Thanks for your help.

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Based on the trouble shooting lucky1 did with me I'd say it isn't hardware related... in my case we were able to determine that the PIN2DMD was not receiving any serial data at all... he was a great help getting me up and going, I'd recommend reaching out to him. Other trouble shooting steps we took included connecting the serial cable from the MET to my PC to capture the stream of data coming from the MET, he was able to look at that stream to confirm that right data was being sent to the PIN2DMD. We then were able to put some debug code on the PIN2DMD to confirm that the serial data simply wasn't making it there and it was an easy fix from there... swap the MAX232. Some more trouble shooting will need to be done for your issue I think.

OK, thank you. Just curious - did you do this work on a Metallica with 1.80 code, or a different game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=dmieczko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.