• 3,044 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 628 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG
FJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpg
15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg
15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpg
Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (5 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (3 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2510 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

same question for SAM games - does anyone know a way to export sound files?

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

Worked like a charm- thank you!!

#2517 1 year ago

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

met-combo (resized).JPG

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right
If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

9 months later
#2866 5 months ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

Curious about this as well - anyone successful in changing the graphics that show when selecting a song??

4 months later
#3011 20 days ago

Is anyone having trouble with pin2dmd colorization of Met v1.80 code? I have all the settings saved as before - side channel, serial connection, but when I load v1.80 code the pin2dmd will only display the "default" palette. It cannot change color palettes. Has anyone else seen this problem and found a fix?

#3013 20 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Was it working before/does the previous code work?

I was struggling getting it working with a new PIN2DMD but it turned out I had a bad MAX232 chip on mine so it was a hardware issue not a software issue.

Yes and no - I had the 1.70 code working perfectly on my old MET I sold several months ago. That one sold with my old pin2dmd installed. I just acquired a new MET last week, with newer pin2dmd, and the 1.70 code works partially. Some screens changes palettes perfectly (like the snake, coffin ball lock, MET letters, Sparky, and many others). Others (like the main score numbers, lady justice, etc.) do not correctly change palettes. They simply use the last palette loaded. When I update to 1.80 code, it will not change a single palette - it only uses the "default" palette.

Do you think this could be a hardware issue? And if so, why is it working SOME of the time? Thanks for your help.

#3015 20 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Based on the trouble shooting lucky1 did with me I'd say it isn't hardware related... in my case we were able to determine that the PIN2DMD was not receiving any serial data at all... he was a great help getting me up and going, I'd recommend reaching out to him. Other trouble shooting steps we took included connecting the serial cable from the MET to my PC to capture the stream of data coming from the MET, he was able to look at that stream to confirm that right data was being sent to the PIN2DMD. We then were able to put some debug code on the PIN2DMD to confirm that the serial data simply wasn't making it there and it was an easy fix from there... swap the MAX232. Some more trouble shooting will need to be done for your issue I think.

OK, thank you. Just curious - did you do this work on a Metallica with 1.80 code, or a different game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Wanted
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 24.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
11,111 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 28.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 11.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside