• 3,044 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 628 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG
FJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpg
15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg
15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpg
Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (5 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (3 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2198 2 years ago

So I'm new to this and about to use it for my Metallica. I've used pinsound in the past.

Can I put multiple songs in the same slot? For example leave default unforgiven at have over AND add hero of the day which the game will rotate?

I'm assuming I can make the volume for these songs higher and still leave the game on default and it will sound louder? I ask BC there is a bug in this game that if you raise just the music volume the game goes silent upon drain.

#2200 2 years ago

Great to hear about the update. Thanks

#2206 2 years ago

guys - looking to update metallica songs. Is it required to have a serial link to connect? If not, how else do I connect (usb??)

#2208 2 years ago

nice! thank you.

DONATION made. Now I just wait for the key. Putting On my Own at the game over screen for my GB is worth the 20 by itself.

#2213 2 years ago

I don't believe it's possible to just use the intro of a song (like hero of the day) at the end of the game but NOT replace a main song in metallica right? I just want the little snipet instead of unforgiven at game over but I think hero will now play in unforg place right?

EDIT - doesn't seem like it's possible to do. I replaced I think the right little snippet but it still defaulted to unforgiven during game over.

#2217 2 years ago

Just to ensure I'm not doing something wrong is it possible to do the following:

Metallica - instead of unforgiven playing during game over I want to replace with hero of the day

Ghostbusters - instead of who you going to call during game over I want to replace with Bobby brown on my own.

#2218 2 years ago

bump - can someone with more experience than me confirm?

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't think that's what he was asking regarding Metallica.
If you replace Unforgiven, whatever song you replace it with will play in all other instances of Unforgiven. You can't just replace one of the shorter request numbers and leave the others. You replace the longest instance, and all other requests for that song get replaced automatically.

You're correct. That's what I was asking. I was hoping to just change a small snippet not repave the entire song.

One other question. I don't think this program recognizes FLAC format right? No way to increase the quality of the conversion a it replaces the song? Feel like I hear a little crackling with the songs. I did increase volume to make them louder as the in game option is bugged.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think it only recognizes WAV, but I could be wrong.
By the way, if you still want Unforgiven as a song choice, but you want Hero for a Day in the Unforgiven spot for end of game purposes, You can always move Unforgiven to a different song spot. That's what I did with Ride the Lightning because I didn't like the way Sparky multiball started the song midway instead of from the beginning. I did the same with KISS, so that I have Dr. Love as a song choice, even though I replaced it for God of Thunder for Demon Multiball.

thanks but the problem is I don't want hero of the day in the game at all EXCEPT for the game over. The intro to it would fit well. I guess that's not possible.

I have noticed that some of the songs have a very small crackle noise during them (hard to tell but I can hear it every so often). My songs are 320kbps quality so rock solid. It must be this software or the fact I'm increasing the volume of the songs? Anyone have this issue and what are you guys doing to get the best audio quality out of it? I'm thinking of swapping stock with pinball pro even though I have a polk sub. maybe that would help?

#2233 2 years ago

what does the low pass filter do? It's checked by default so I left it on.

#2235 2 years ago

thanks but not sure what that means. Should I leave it on?

1 year later
#2632 1 year ago

Can you extract music from the original code to your desktop? I want to obtain one of the original pieces of music and then put it back into my updated code.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I exported a sound as a wav file and could play it back. I haven´t tested the import, but I think that should also work.

how did you do that?

#2636 1 year ago

awesome thanks guys!

2 weeks later
#2685 1 year ago

So I figured out how to export music from a file but how can you export the video file? I would like to take a video file from another custom FW and inject it into my custom fw. Possible?

1 month later
#2746 11 months ago

just confirming that this doesn't work at all with Williams games (no good gofers) right? I need to change out that terrible main theme music and was only aware of pinsound as an option. Just confirming.

1 month later
#2787 9 months ago

Hi - just confirming that this works with Iron Maiden.....

#2789 9 months ago

Bump to confirm if this software works with Iron Maiden. Purchase depends upon it. Black Sabbath and others are interested to know

#2791 9 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can find out by using the free version of the software..

I was about I don't own the game but you're right - I can download the code and try it myself. I already own the software. Hello you who! I'm good thanks

#2793 9 months ago

I tried loading the IM code and it says FFMPEG .exe missing. Never saw that before. Reached out to creator to double check b.c this would be a game breaker for me.

#2795 9 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That's covered in the FAQ, did you install it when prompted?

Really? Used it for so many years and never had this happen. When I say download it, the app crashes. I guess I can google and grab it.

#2797 9 months ago

Yes that's correct. Ok good to know. Anyone have a link to this file I need as I can't seem to find the exe from reputable site and the program crashes when trying to get it.

#2800 9 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Official releases are here: https://www.ffmpeg.org/

OK - all set. Works no issue. IM is next....

1 week later
#2805 9 months ago

With all of these updates what remains the best format for songs you want to inject into games? I'm looking for best quality so it sounds like stock. Flac is generally the best but not sure the program can handle... What have you guys found?

#2807 9 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

You'll get the best results with a lossless format sampled at 24000Hz (or a multiple), mono or stereo, like PCM (most .WAV files are PCM encoded) or FLAC. You can import FLAC files with Pinball Browser, provided you don't use the "Legacy" or "Mac-OS" sound engines (Config tab).

OK great to hear thanks!

6 months later
#2895 3 months ago

is there a way to extract the code on your machine to a usb so you can use it in pinbrowser? The version of the code on my machine I can't find online anymore and would like to extract it from the machine to USB then to pinbrowser so I can leverage the call outs....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 1,099.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside