1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2198 7 years ago

So I'm new to this and about to use it for my Metallica. I've used pinsound in the past.

Can I put multiple songs in the same slot? For example leave default unforgiven at have over AND add hero of the day which the game will rotate?

I'm assuming I can make the volume for these songs higher and still leave the game on default and it will sound louder? I ask BC there is a bug in this game that if you raise just the music volume the game goes silent upon drain.

#2200 7 years ago

Great to hear about the update. Thanks

#2206 7 years ago

guys - looking to update metallica songs. Is it required to have a serial link to connect? If not, how else do I connect (usb??)

#2208 7 years ago

nice! thank you.

DONATION made. Now I just wait for the key. Putting On my Own at the game over screen for my GB is worth the 20 by itself.

#2213 7 years ago

I don't believe it's possible to just use the intro of a song (like hero of the day) at the end of the game but NOT replace a main song in metallica right? I just want the little snipet instead of unforgiven at game over but I think hero will now play in unforg place right?

EDIT - doesn't seem like it's possible to do. I replaced I think the right little snippet but it still defaulted to unforgiven during game over.

#2217 7 years ago

Just to ensure I'm not doing something wrong is it possible to do the following:

Metallica - instead of unforgiven playing during game over I want to replace with hero of the day

Ghostbusters - instead of who you going to call during game over I want to replace with Bobby brown on my own.

#2218 7 years ago

bump - can someone with more experience than me confirm?

#2222 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't think that's what he was asking regarding Metallica.
If you replace Unforgiven, whatever song you replace it with will play in all other instances of Unforgiven. You can't just replace one of the shorter request numbers and leave the others. You replace the longest instance, and all other requests for that song get replaced automatically.

You're correct. That's what I was asking. I was hoping to just change a small snippet not repave the entire song.

One other question. I don't think this program recognizes FLAC format right? No way to increase the quality of the conversion a it replaces the song? Feel like I hear a little crackling with the songs. I did increase volume to make them louder as the in game option is bugged.

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think it only recognizes WAV, but I could be wrong.
By the way, if you still want Unforgiven as a song choice, but you want Hero for a Day in the Unforgiven spot for end of game purposes, You can always move Unforgiven to a different song spot. That's what I did with Ride the Lightning because I didn't like the way Sparky multiball started the song midway instead of from the beginning. I did the same with KISS, so that I have Dr. Love as a song choice, even though I replaced it for God of Thunder for Demon Multiball.

thanks but the problem is I don't want hero of the day in the game at all EXCEPT for the game over. The intro to it would fit well. I guess that's not possible.

I have noticed that some of the songs have a very small crackle noise during them (hard to tell but I can hear it every so often). My songs are 320kbps quality so rock solid. It must be this software or the fact I'm increasing the volume of the songs? Anyone have this issue and what are you guys doing to get the best audio quality out of it? I'm thinking of swapping stock with pinball pro even though I have a polk sub. maybe that would help?

#2233 7 years ago

what does the low pass filter do? It's checked by default so I left it on.

#2235 7 years ago

thanks but not sure what that means. Should I leave it on?

1 year later
#2632 6 years ago

Can you extract music from the original code to your desktop? I want to obtain one of the original pieces of music and then put it back into my updated code.

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I exported a sound as a wav file and could play it back. I haven´t tested the import, but I think that should also work.

how did you do that?

#2636 6 years ago

awesome thanks guys!

2 weeks later
#2685 6 years ago

So I figured out how to export music from a file but how can you export the video file? I would like to take a video file from another custom FW and inject it into my custom fw. Possible?

1 month later
#2746 6 years ago

just confirming that this doesn't work at all with Williams games (no good gofers) right? I need to change out that terrible main theme music and was only aware of pinsound as an option. Just confirming.

1 month later
#2787 5 years ago

Hi - just confirming that this works with Iron Maiden.....

#2789 5 years ago

Bump to confirm if this software works with Iron Maiden. Purchase depends upon it. Black Sabbath and others are interested to know

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can find out by using the free version of the software..

I was about I don't own the game but you're right - I can download the code and try it myself. I already own the software. Hello you who! I'm good thanks

#2793 5 years ago

I tried loading the IM code and it says FFMPEG .exe missing. Never saw that before. Reached out to creator to double check b.c this would be a game breaker for me.

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That's covered in the FAQ, did you install it when prompted?

Really? Used it for so many years and never had this happen. When I say download it, the app crashes. I guess I can google and grab it.

#2797 5 years ago

Yes that's correct. Ok good to know. Anyone have a link to this file I need as I can't seem to find the exe from reputable site and the program crashes when trying to get it.

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Official releases are here: https://www.ffmpeg.org/

OK - all set. Works no issue. IM is next....

1 week later
#2805 5 years ago

With all of these updates what remains the best format for songs you want to inject into games? I'm looking for best quality so it sounds like stock. Flac is generally the best but not sure the program can handle... What have you guys found?

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You'll get the best results with a lossless format sampled at 24000Hz (or a multiple), mono or stereo, like PCM (most .WAV files are PCM encoded) or FLAC. You can import FLAC files with Pinball Browser, provided you don't use the "Legacy" or "Mac-OS" sound engines (Config tab).

OK great to hear thanks!

6 months later
#2895 5 years ago

is there a way to extract the code on your machine to a usb so you can use it in pinbrowser? The version of the code on my machine I can't find online anymore and would like to extract it from the machine to USB then to pinbrowser so I can leverage the call outs....

1 year later
#3424 4 years ago

To make sure I understand this right, I can now chop up clips from Jurassic Park movie and use them in the code (JP2) replacing the current graphics? Does it play it full screen? Does it play the audio from the video clip too or just video? This is amazing if so. Great job.

#3430 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, you can import/export video clips (only the video clips, not the animation scenes). There is no audio in the video clips.

OK - so this can't change those transition screens in JP2 that have the custom assets stern created (like the TREX screaming at you upon MB, rescue mission cutscenes)? I was initially thinking about including JP video in place for those holders so when you get TREX MB or event, a clip from JP plays....not possible right?

If it's not, still an amazing update and thank you for your time.

3 weeks later
#3663 3 years ago

Damn - was hoping to modify 1.01 JP with custom sound. Hoping PB is back for 1.01.....

1 week later
#3751 3 years ago

So is an updated version of pb being worked on to address the 1.01 JP update or is it a lost cause?

1 month later
#3819 3 years ago

So what are the chances this software begins to work again with Stern's latest releases?

I asked the guys from Stern tmnt on their stream yesterday please let pinbrowser work again so we can replace the terrible redone version of the theme song...

1 month later
#3908 3 years ago

Holy shit. Get out of here! This works with TMNT?

#3910 3 years ago

Ok just reading about this now. So we can't share the entire fw when updating just the macros? Thats fine as it still seems to result in the same outcome but after checking the FAQ I know they're located in the macros tab but it wasn't clear on how to share them with others - even though the same question is asked I'm not following. Seems like they are online? In a repository? Little clarification there?

First thing in doing is replacing that terrible redone tmnt theme song in the game with original

#3912 3 years ago

OK - so I would give out the .pbm file to someone and they open pinball browser on their end along with original fw and apply the pbm like a patch in prinbrowser on their end? This would require them to understand how to use and install PB right?

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I will add a feature that compares 2 firmwares and automatically generates the ShiftId macros.

From experience, that would be great!

I’m still a little confused on the sharing of this.....so using the macro method, if I were to share doing it that way and generating that file, would the user who I share it with have to have the same songs/clips I’ve embedded on their pc as well along with the he same location like the previous user mentioned? is that really true?

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope, sending the macro to someone simply gives them the pointers they need to build the modified rom. The user you give a macro to will need to have the songs/clips on their computer in the correct directories for the macro to work. No copyrighted content is sent in the macros so they are tiny files.

Ok so essentially sharing is not feasible with this now unless you also give the users the songs and clips too.

Interesting.

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It works with the LE version here. Which one are you trying to open ?
[quoted image]

so Pinbrowser is back in the game for 1.02 JP? Hell yes.

1 week later
#4037 3 years ago

Great job! Very happy that even the latest tmnt code works

2 weeks later
#4047 3 years ago

Is it just me or does pinbrowser not see more than two videos for JP2 stern? I was hoping to replace videos....

Tried 7.56

#4049 3 years ago

thanks - now I can see everything.

Here's the problem though - all of the videos I've tried as replacements, they don't work in game. pinbrowser accepts, plays them but when I play the code in JP, the video I replaced is just not there. It's really just nothing.

Is there something special I need to do b/c these are scenes to make this work? For example, I tried to replace MB TREX loop 1 with another video and it didn't work in game.

Any one have luck replacing JP videos? I've had tremendous success with tmnt.

#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had that issue using etcher to burn the final copy on the SD... What worked for me was using the internal write to SD function of Pinball browser

Awesome will try that

EDIT - I see the write to card option in smartdmd but it won't allow me to select my file from the browser. I noticed it's looking for an image and went ahead and downloaded the win software but I thought I could just select the SD card file that I'm working off of in PB but no dice. Right now I'm flashing the SD file via the stern software so an image is created and then I'll read it off of the card through PB and then write through PB or the win32 software.

Little strange it can't done directly but I'll see if this works. If there is a better way to use the internal write to SD function of PB, lmk

EDIT 2 - so that didn't work. the firmware I'm working off of in PB is the SD card file from Stern (JP2). I've made the edits in PB now i need to burn the file but with internal PB software. It's looking for an Image file though - how would I burn this?

EDIT 3 - success. Need to use win32 software to burn and when selecting file, pick all files and select the custom firmware file I made. Write to SD - success.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#4077 3 years ago

so I'm updating JP code with videos and I'm not receiving any errors when doing it but when I go to put the raw file on SD card, in burns fine (tried win32 and sterns recommended software) yet upon boot up it shows me game code start then insert usb for code on the machine. Any ideas why this is happening?

using 7.56

EDIT - I had to start over. Also video clips need to really match the time if not shorter than originals otherwise it will get corrupted. Huge pain in the ass but thank god for this software! It's truly remarkable!

1 month later
#4200 3 years ago

assuming no update for this to work on the new tmnt code right?

1 month later
#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

My apologies for the delay.
Like many of you, we're dealing with COVID lockdowns and restricted movement, and there hasn't been as much time as I'd like to work on this lately.
That being said, I'm happy to announce release v7.60 !
It works with all the new firmwares :
- Elvira 1.01
- Avengers 0.93
- Deadpool 1.04
- Jurassik Park 1.03
- TMNT 1.23
- Stranger Things 0.99.1
I have only tested the Premium/LE versions but there is no reason that it shouldn't work with the Pro.
Just a warning : due to the lockdown, I did not have access to these games and could not verify that a modified firmware was working properly.
[quoted image]
I also re-introduced the firmware download feature which was broken :
[quoted image]
This new version can be downloaded here

Awesome!

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

delt31
So does this mean given enough time we can get your custom mix for Tmnt and the 1987 code working again?!? Just got my game and I’m loving it

Likely not very soon as this weekend and the following week are really busy but eventually.

Easy to check these boards - not so much on actually updating the code. haha

1 month later
#4338 3 years ago

Damn - i was all set to update my code for TMNT and maybe do a little with avengers.....now it’s wait and see which will prob put me back into work crazy mode haha.

1 week later
#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v7.70 is available !
[quoted image]

Hell yes

Fellas I've received a ton of requests for tmnt. It's coming this weekend if not sooner.

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v7.70 is available !
[quoted image]

good news is that I was able to inject everything into the new TMNT code.

Bad news is that my custom music is all "tiney" sounding - like the treble is missing. Anything left stock sounds perfectly fine. Never had this happen before - same music used in previous custom.

Any thoughts on correcting this?

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Having the exact same problem.
Not sure if it is a volume problem or a balance problem.
I am using the same audio file that worked fine with previous versions, not making any volume modifications when importing.

I think it’s a bug with the new FW.

#4373 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

can you hear the difference in PB when it is imported or only when the game is played?

Only when the game is played. In PB it sounds fine

#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Can you give me the ids of a same sound script in both firmwares so that I can compare them ? (for a sound that has the problem. And also which firmware files you are using)
It's possible that the sound script attenuation has changed in the new firmware.

Sent you a pm with info

#4377 3 years ago

working with oga83 on this but based on testing, it appears stern has put some check in to determine if a song was replaced and if so, the sound file that was injected is made to sound terrible. I tried exporting one of stern's own stock songs and when I imported the same stock song, put the custom code on SD card and tried to play it, the stock song now sounds terrible too....

#4384 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Does anyone know the name of the main blue trophy background screen in Pinbroswer for AIQ? I can't seem to find it in the Videos tab in the tool.
I'm dying to change out this screen....[quoted image]

I have the same intention once PB gets back in order. It’s absolutely terrible but I couldn’t find it either. daveyvandy found it though:

It is "Scene 67". Right-clicking a scene and pressing 'render all scenes' which exports them all as videos then open file explorer and change the view to 'large thumbnails. There are a lot of images in there that composite to make what you see.

1 week later
#4396 3 years ago

so I can confirm that new iron maiden code works perfectly fine with the new pinbrowser BUT the new TMNT has the sound issues. Very interesting results here........

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

ok. I have scrubbed this thread and all the flagged posts. I am being totally cliche and swapping Immigrant Song into Thor multiball on AIQ. I have a ~320k bit rate version (LZ) I bought on iTunes. At first I was simply importing into PB. Sounded terrible and volume way too low. Then I jacked the volume up and while it was audible it sounded terrible. Then I searched the thread more. I followed the previously posted directions. Used Audacity. Made mono, changed to 24000k sample rate. Normalized. Compressed. Saved as wav file. Imported. Still sounds terrible. I did the same with another version of the song I own (the Trent Reznor version from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). All the same steps. Still sounds terrible. Either not audible or sounds terrible and distorted. Not sure what the heck I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Avengers might have the same thing as TMNT any imported music is made to sound terrible. Does it sound very tiney? If so it's the same thing as TMNT. No fix. Waiting on developer.

To that point if anyone has the sd card image for the tmnt before 1.41 pm me. I want to see if this sound import issue started then or 1.41

I can confirm not all games suffer from this as maiden 1.8 imports perfectly..... And thank God it does

#4411 3 years ago

Thanks to a few folks for sending links to the older images of TMNT. I can confirm that 1.40 works perfect with PB. 1.41 for some reason has issues with injection. Not sure too much changed b/w 1.4 and 1.41 but I think for now, I'll work on 1.4. more to come.

EDIT - very small update in 1.41 so 1.40 it is!

Fixed:
- Fixed a GI lamp show issue where if you kill HALF SHELL CHALLENGE with the
left flipper button + start button at the right time and then start a new
regular game the lamp effect may continue.

1 week later
#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi guys! Quick newbie question (but experienced computer guy) - I have a Jurassic Park premium and very much enjoy the aftermarket software which added the film assets and sounds. Was that image created with this tool? If not, does this tool provide the functionality to do so? I have an Avengers IQ Premium on the way and am anxious to try replacing some of its assets and building a custom video / audio setup for my HOU machine.
Thank you! And sorry for the basic question that's likely been answered many times before (but I didn't know what to search for.)

Yes I used the tool to create it (along with the guy I worked with).

2 years later
#5288 1 year ago

Trying to open bond 60th code. Says unknown firmware. Assuming this code can’t be open by PB yet? On latest version, just donated again. Thanks!

1 week later
#5291 11 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v8.26 is available !
It is compatible with most latest firmwares

Aerosmith 1.12
Avengers 1.06
Batman 1.08
Beatles 1.24
Black Knight SOR 1.14
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.08
Elvira 1.05
Foo Fighters 0.91
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.04
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.11
Iron Maiden 1.12
James Bond 0.88
James Bond 60th 1.04
Jurassic Park 1.07
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.17
Mando 1.41
Munsters 1.23
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.10
Star Wars 1.23
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.07
Turtles 1.54
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

However, it seems that someone paid attentions to the posts about codecs and static sounds :
The most recent firmwares seem to have new codecs which cause a lot of static sounds in PB

This is awesome. I’m going to try and inject some video clips in bond 60th, like I did when creating the movie code for JP2.

Foo Fighters - going to inject some of the classics that are missing. You’re awesome for continuing to update this. Big thank you!

#5295 11 months ago

So I was able to open FF fw but to your earlier point, static sounds play. What is the workaround or can I still just replace with music and it will sound OK?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.